tennis-forum.net
Promoting tennis discussion.

Main
Date: 10 Feb 2009 05:14:00
From: wkhedr
Subject: Andy Murray tips Nadal to become best ever tennis player
Andy Murray tips Nadal to become best ever tennis player - and wreck
Federer's dream
Feb 10 2009 By Simon Cambers

ANDY MURRAY reckons Rafael Nadal could ruin Roger Federer's chances of
becoming the greatest player of all time.

The Scot is on a collision course with world No.1 Nadal at the ABN/
AMRO World Tennis Tournament in Rotterdam this week, with the pair at
opposite ends of the draw.

Nadal's epic win over Federer in the Final of the Australian Open at
the beginning of this month prevented the Swiss star equalling the
record of 14 Grand Slam singles titles, held by American Pete Sampras.

The 22-year-old Spaniard already has six Grand Slam trophies and
Murray believes he could yet surpass the achievements of both Federer
and Sampras.

Murray said: "It's possible. At the same age I think Federer had two
and Nadal's got six and he's won on every surface.

"I can't see many people beating him on clay so I'm guessing he is
going to have at least two or three more French Opens.

Then obviously it depends how he does in the others, but he's going to
be very close.

"Nadal could go on to be the best of all time. For sure he's going to
be one of the best and Federer's very close to becoming the best of
all time, so there's two unbelievable players."

Murray watched the Nadal-Federer Australian Open Final on television
and described it as an intriguing encounter.

The Scot said: "I thought the situation made it a great match but
there were a lot of mistakes, especially in the fifth set.

"Federer didn't serve particularly well throughout the match and there
were parts when Nadal looked tired and missed some shots he wouldn't
normally miss but there were some incredible points.

"I thought if Nadal could win the first set it would mentally make a
big difference. Because of it being Federer's possible 14th Grand Slam
it was probably always going to go the wire."

Murray has beaten both Nadal and Federer this year, on his way to the
title in Doha. But the strength of the two means his chances of
winning Grand Slam titles and moving higher than his present ranking
of four is not going to be easy.

The Scot said: "I don't know if I'll get to No.1 but I want to try to
give it my best shot. Right now with Nadal and Federer it is not easy.
I'm just focusing on trying to win my first Grand Slam."

Murray's first singles match in Rotterdam is against former world No.3
Ivan Ljubicic. The Croat has slipped to 48 in the rankings but boasts
two wins over Murray from three previous meetings.

However, the British No.1 is ready to level the score. He said: "I
feel like I'm hitting the ball well in practice, so hopefully it will
be okay."

Murray will be hoping for a better result than in his first-round
doubles match when he and James Auckland lost 6-3 6-4 to France's
Arnaud Clement and Michael Llodra.





 
Date: 10 Feb 2009 17:24:28
From: Sakari Lund
Subject: Re: Andy Murray tips Nadal to become best ever tennis player
On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 05:14:00 -0800 (PST), wkhedr <wkhedr@my-deja.com >
wrote:

>Andy Murray tips Nadal to become best ever tennis player - and wreck
>Federer's dream
>Feb 10 2009 By Simon Cambers
>
>ANDY MURRAY reckons Rafael Nadal could ruin Roger Federer's chances of
>becoming the greatest player of all time.
>
>The Scot is on a collision course with world No.1 Nadal at the ABN/
>AMRO World Tennis Tournament in Rotterdam this week, with the pair at
>opposite ends of the draw.

Good attitude before the match. Yes, he will be the best player ever,
let's see what I can do...

>Nadal's epic win over Federer in the Final of the Australian Open at
>the beginning of this month prevented the Swiss star equalling the
>record of 14 Grand Slam singles titles, held by American Pete Sampras.
>
>The 22-year-old Spaniard already has six Grand Slam trophies and
>Murray believes he could yet surpass the achievements of both Federer
>and Sampras.

I think this is way too early, anything can happen. But if it happens,
it is something nobody really expected. People, including Sampras
himself, thought 14 would be a record for a long time. Then came
Federer, and now there is a chance two guys break the record so soon.




 
Date: 10 Feb 2009 06:48:04
From: Fan
Subject: Re: Andy Murray tips Nadal to become best ever tennis player
On Feb 10, 2:14=A0pm, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com > wrote:
> Andy Murray tips Nadal to become best ever tennis player - and wreck
> Federer's dream

Maybe Murray should try to win a slam before passing judgment on a 13-
slam winner's chances of making it 14 or 15 :-(


 
Date: 10 Feb 2009 06:34:04
From: wkhedr
Subject: Re: Andy Murray tips Nadal to become best ever tennis player
On Feb 10, 9:24=A0am, BlackJAG <mustafaben...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On Feb 10, 2:14=A0pm, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > Andy Murray tips Nadal to become best ever tennis player - and wreck
> > Federer's dream
> > Feb 10 2009 By Simon Cambers
>
> > ANDY MURRAY reckons Rafael Nadal could ruin Roger Federer's chances of
> > becoming the greatest player of all time.
>
> > The Scot is on a collision course with world No.1 Nadal at the ABN/
> > AMRO World Tennis Tournament in Rotterdam this week, with the pair at
> > opposite ends of the draw.
>
> > Nadal's epic win over Federer in the Final of the Australian Open at
> > the beginning of this month prevented the Swiss star equalling the
> > record of 14 Grand Slam singles titles, held by American Pete Sampras.
>
> > The 22-year-old Spaniard already has six Grand Slam trophies and
> > Murray believes he could yet surpass the achievements of both Federer
> > and Sampras.
>
> > Murray said: "It's possible. At the same age I think Federer had two
> > and Nadal's got six and he's won on every surface.
>
> > "I can't see many people beating him on clay so I'm guessing he is
> > going to have at least two or three more French Opens.
>
> > Then obviously it depends how he does in the others, but he's going to
> > be very close.
>
> > "Nadal could go on to be the best of all time. For sure he's going to
> > be one of the best and Federer's very close to becoming the best of
> > all time, so there's two unbelievable players."
>
> > Murray watched the Nadal-Federer Australian Open Final on television
> > and described it as an intriguing encounter.
>
> > The Scot said: "I thought the situation made it a great match but
> > there were a lot of mistakes, especially in the fifth set.
>
> > "Federer didn't serve particularly well throughout the match and there
> > were parts when Nadal looked tired and missed some shots he wouldn't
> > normally miss but there were some incredible points.
>
> > "I thought if Nadal could win the first set it would mentally make a
> > big difference. Because of it being Federer's possible 14th Grand Slam
> > it was probably always going to go the wire."
>
> > Murray has beaten both Nadal and Federer this year, on his way to the
> > title in Doha. But the strength of the two means his chances of
> > winning Grand Slam titles and moving higher than his present ranking
> > of four is not going to be easy.
>
> > The Scot said: "I don't know if I'll get to No.1 but I want to try to
> > give it my best shot. Right now with Nadal and Federer it is not easy.
> > I'm just focusing on trying to win my first Grand Slam."
>
> > Murray's first singles match in Rotterdam is against former world No.3
> > Ivan Ljubicic. The Croat has slipped to 48 in the rankings but boasts
> > two wins over Murray from three previous meetings.
>
> > However, the British No.1 is ready to level the score. He said: "I
> > feel like I'm hitting the ball well in practice, so hopefully it will
> > be okay."
>
> > Murray will be hoping for a better result than in his first-round
> > doubles match when he and James Auckland lost 6-3 6-4 to France's
> > Arnaud Clement and Michael Llodra.
>
> let's start this discussion when Nadal reaches at least 13 slams
> (having won all slams at least once)
> and Federe failing in his attempt to at least equal Sampras...
>
> for the moment Nadal "only" has 6, he can't be mentioned in the same
> sentence as Federer or Sampras.
> I know he is only 22, but i still seriously doubt that he will be
> around for a very long time.- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

Actually I like it. Nadal will win three more slams this year, making
it 9. Then he should win 2-3 slams in 2010, 2011, and 2012. What comes
in 2013 and after should be bonus.



 
Date: 10 Feb 2009 06:24:05
From: BlackJAG
Subject: Re: Andy Murray tips Nadal to become best ever tennis player
On Feb 10, 2:14=A0pm, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com > wrote:
> Andy Murray tips Nadal to become best ever tennis player - and wreck
> Federer's dream
> Feb 10 2009 By Simon Cambers
>
> ANDY MURRAY reckons Rafael Nadal could ruin Roger Federer's chances of
> becoming the greatest player of all time.
>
> The Scot is on a collision course with world No.1 Nadal at the ABN/
> AMRO World Tennis Tournament in Rotterdam this week, with the pair at
> opposite ends of the draw.
>
> Nadal's epic win over Federer in the Final of the Australian Open at
> the beginning of this month prevented the Swiss star equalling the
> record of 14 Grand Slam singles titles, held by American Pete Sampras.
>
> The 22-year-old Spaniard already has six Grand Slam trophies and
> Murray believes he could yet surpass the achievements of both Federer
> and Sampras.
>
> Murray said: "It's possible. At the same age I think Federer had two
> and Nadal's got six and he's won on every surface.
>
> "I can't see many people beating him on clay so I'm guessing he is
> going to have at least two or three more French Opens.
>
> Then obviously it depends how he does in the others, but he's going to
> be very close.
>
> "Nadal could go on to be the best of all time. For sure he's going to
> be one of the best and Federer's very close to becoming the best of
> all time, so there's two unbelievable players."
>
> Murray watched the Nadal-Federer Australian Open Final on television
> and described it as an intriguing encounter.
>
> The Scot said: "I thought the situation made it a great match but
> there were a lot of mistakes, especially in the fifth set.
>
> "Federer didn't serve particularly well throughout the match and there
> were parts when Nadal looked tired and missed some shots he wouldn't
> normally miss but there were some incredible points.
>
> "I thought if Nadal could win the first set it would mentally make a
> big difference. Because of it being Federer's possible 14th Grand Slam
> it was probably always going to go the wire."
>
> Murray has beaten both Nadal and Federer this year, on his way to the
> title in Doha. But the strength of the two means his chances of
> winning Grand Slam titles and moving higher than his present ranking
> of four is not going to be easy.
>
> The Scot said: "I don't know if I'll get to No.1 but I want to try to
> give it my best shot. Right now with Nadal and Federer it is not easy.
> I'm just focusing on trying to win my first Grand Slam."
>
> Murray's first singles match in Rotterdam is against former world No.3
> Ivan Ljubicic. The Croat has slipped to 48 in the rankings but boasts
> two wins over Murray from three previous meetings.
>
> However, the British No.1 is ready to level the score. He said: "I
> feel like I'm hitting the ball well in practice, so hopefully it will
> be okay."
>
> Murray will be hoping for a better result than in his first-round
> doubles match when he and James Auckland lost 6-3 6-4 to France's
> Arnaud Clement and Michael Llodra.

let's start this discussion when Nadal reaches at least 13 slams
(having won all slams at least once)
and Federe failing in his attempt to at least equal Sampras...

for the moment Nadal "only" has 6, he can't be mentioned in the same
sentence as Federer or Sampras.
I know he is only 22, but i still seriously doubt that he will be
around for a very long time.