tennis-forum.net
Promoting tennis discussion.

Main
Date: 25 Jan 2009 21:06:36
From: RahimAsif
Subject: Anybody watching Nadal?
Sensational stuff - 12 points to 1 - up 3-0 in 5 minutes or so.
Superb, attacking tennis - none of the slow loopy groundstrokes that
Fed gave us yesterday...




 
Date: 26 Jan 2009 19:55:04
From: RahimAsif
Subject: Re: Anybody watching Nadal?
On Jan 26, 5:48=A0pm, "Vari L. Cinicke" <cini...@netscape.net > wrote:

> If Nadal wins the AO, all bets are off as far as RahimAsif is concerned.
> They may already be off since his Nadal hyperbole is already off the char=
ts.
>
> --
> Cheers,
>
> vc

Nadal hyperbole? Mentioning that he is playing sensational tennis when
he has had a combined of 60+ winners and 20 UE in the last 2 matches
isn't exactly "hyperbole"...


  
Date: 27 Jan 2009 11:28:27
From: Vari L. Cinicke
Subject: Re: Anybody watching Nadal?
RahimAsif wrote:
> On Jan 26, 5:48 pm, "Vari L. Cinicke" <cini...@netscape.net> wrote:
>
>> If Nadal wins the AO, all bets are off as far as RahimAsif is concerned.
>> They may already be off since his Nadal hyperbole is already off the charts.
>>
>
> Nadal hyperbole? Mentioning that he is playing sensational tennis when
> he has had a combined of 60+ winners and 20 UE in the last 2 matches
> isn't exactly "hyperbole"...

It is your breathless prose that I find funny.

Nadal is playing well but is still risk averse. The bottom line is
winning big time matches and winning big titles and Nadal did very well
last year but not in the 2 big HC matches in the two slam SFs. He, like
he says, is always looking to improve and it has been working. If he can
maintain this ratio of winner to UE from the QF on, I will be duly
impressed.

His low UE count, in my view, is a symptom. I would rather see him hit
out more and hit even more winners but run up a higher UE count. But
then he *is* Nadal and low UE is essential to his strategy.

--
Cheers,

vc


  
Date: 27 Jan 2009 03:59:32
From: Dave Hazelwood
Subject: Re: Anybody watching Nadal?
On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 19:55:04 -0800 (PST), RahimAsif
<RahimAsif@gmail.com > wrote:

>On Jan 26, 5:48 pm, "Vari L. Cinicke" <cini...@netscape.net> wrote:
>
>> If Nadal wins the AO, all bets are off as far as RahimAsif is concerned.
>> They may already be off since his Nadal hyperbole is already off the charts.
>>
>> --
>> Cheers,
>>
>> vc
>
>Nadal hyperbole? Mentioning that he is playing sensational tennis when
>he has had a combined of 60+ winners and 20 UE in the last 2 matches
>isn't exactly "hyperbole"...


yeah but did he mention his draw of clowns all the way to the QF ?


 
Date: 25 Jan 2009 23:17:13
From: kaennorsing
Subject: Re: Anybody watching Nadal?
On 26 jan, 07:06, RahimAsif <RahimA...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On Jan 25, 11:06=A0pm, RahimAsif <RahimA...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Sensational stuff - 12 points to 1 - up 3-0 in 5 minutes or so.
> > Superb, attacking tennis - none of the slow loopy groundstrokes that
> > Fed gave us yesterday...
>
> 6-3, 5-1 now - Nadal is reaching French Open territory now with the
> way he is crushing opponents...

He hasn't faced anyone great, on form, fit and with the believe to
beat him. Playing Simon says more.


 
Date: 25 Jan 2009 23:02:51
From: Raja
Subject: Re: Anybody watching Nadal?
On Jan 26, 12:23=A0am, "arnab.z@gmail" <arnab.zah...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On Jan 26, 11:35=A0am, Lax <Lax.Cla...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > On Jan 26, 12:18=A0am, RahimAsif <RahimA...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > On Jan 25, 11:16=A0pm, Lax <Lax.Cla...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > On Jan 26, 12:15=A0am, RahimAsif <RahimA...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > > On Jan 25, 11:13=A0pm, Lax <Lax.Cla...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > > > On Jan 26, 12:06=A0am, RahimAsif <RahimA...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > > > > Sensational stuff - 12 points to 1 - up 3-0 in 5 minutes or s=
o.
> > > > > > > Superb, attacking tennis - none of the slow loopy groundstrok=
es that
> > > > > > > Fed gave us yesterday...
>
> > > > > > You made me switch from watching Murray vs. Verdasco (amazing t=
ennis
> > > > > > so far!!!) to watch Nadal looping forehands at Gonzo while Gonz=
o
> > > > > > trying to bazooka him. =A0Have things changed that much since y=
ou posted?
>
> > > > > Yes, sensational match so far. Nadal came out absolutely blazing =
- the
> > > > > forehand he hit on the run to break Gonzo must have been close to=
100
> > > > > mph. And now Gonzo is playing some brilliant tennis to get back o=
n
> > > > > serve. All winners here, hardly any UE...
>
> > > > All I know is if Nadal tries his offensive tennis and wants to have=
FH-
> > > > FH exchanges, Gonzo wins that hands down.
>
> > > Well you also knew that Haas would beat Nadal, and he got massacred.
> > > Nadal 8 winners so far, Gonzalez 5...
>
> > Yeah I predicted wrong about Haas match.
>
> > I am sure Nadal will win this match, but the first game I saw he was
> > hitting forehand to Gonzo's forehand, which is sort of like suicide.
>
> Next up from RahimAsif: The new, aggressive Nadal is going to win the
> CYGS.
>
> From what I have read so far, RahimAsif seems to be an "aggression
> junkie". He liked Ivanisevic because of that aggressive serve. Liked
> Sampras obviously because nobody was more "in your face" than Sampras,
> with his outstanding and hard serve, with his forays into the net and
> with his hard groundstrokes. RahimAsif used to (perhaps) like Federer,
> but not now because Federer isn't aggressive enough for him anymore.
> Nadal has become more aggressive, so obviously he has jumped on to
> that bandwagon. It seems to me that he inherently believes that the
> most aggressive guy probably somehow deserves to win a match (and by
> extension, tournaments). When an aggressive player wins, he takes that
> as a validation of his own preference for aggression. When a not so
> aggressive player wins, he doesn't like the result nor that player.
> Sure he won, but he wasn't aggressive. In RahimAsif's mind, Federer is
> somehow not deserving of his recent wins because he wasn't aggressive
> enough, it would have been a more "proper" result if another, more
> "aggressive" guy won.
>
> Will RahimAsif evolve from this position? Time will tell.

RahimAsif is stupid. Stupids dont evolve. They just devolve.



 
Date: 25 Jan 2009 22:57:19
From: RahimAsif
Subject: Re: Anybody watching Nadal?
On Jan 25, 11:35=A0pm, Lax <Lax.Cla...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On Jan 26, 12:18=A0am, RahimAsif <RahimA...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > On Jan 25, 11:16=A0pm, Lax <Lax.Cla...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > On Jan 26, 12:15=A0am, RahimAsif <RahimA...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > On Jan 25, 11:13=A0pm, Lax <Lax.Cla...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > > On Jan 26, 12:06=A0am, RahimAsif <RahimA...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > > > Sensational stuff - 12 points to 1 - up 3-0 in 5 minutes or so.
> > > > > > Superb, attacking tennis - none of the slow loopy groundstrokes=
that
> > > > > > Fed gave us yesterday...
>
> > > > > You made me switch from watching Murray vs. Verdasco (amazing ten=
nis
> > > > > so far!!!) to watch Nadal looping forehands at Gonzo while Gonzo
> > > > > trying to bazooka him. =A0Have things changed that much since you=
posted?
>
> > > > Yes, sensational match so far. Nadal came out absolutely blazing - =
the
> > > > forehand he hit on the run to break Gonzo must have been close to 1=
00
> > > > mph. And now Gonzo is playing some brilliant tennis to get back on
> > > > serve. All winners here, hardly any UE...
>
> > > All I know is if Nadal tries his offensive tennis and wants to have F=
H-
> > > FH exchanges, Gonzo wins that hands down.
>
> > Well you also knew that Haas would beat Nadal, and he got massacred.
> > Nadal 8 winners so far, Gonzalez 5...
>
> Yeah I predicted wrong about Haas match.
>
> I am sure Nadal will win this match, but the first game I saw he was
> hitting forehand to Gonzo's forehand, which is sort of like suicide.

6-3, 6-2, 6-4. 33 winners and 11 UEs from Nadal. Scary good. Gonzo
started out strong in the 3rd set, up 3-0 but then faded, but
otherwise it was just Nadal being too good for him...


 
Date: 25 Jan 2009 22:23:05
From: arnab.z@gmail
Subject: Re: Anybody watching Nadal?
On Jan 26, 11:35=A0am, Lax <Lax.Cla...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On Jan 26, 12:18=A0am, RahimAsif <RahimA...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > On Jan 25, 11:16=A0pm, Lax <Lax.Cla...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > On Jan 26, 12:15=A0am, RahimAsif <RahimA...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > On Jan 25, 11:13=A0pm, Lax <Lax.Cla...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > > On Jan 26, 12:06=A0am, RahimAsif <RahimA...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > > > Sensational stuff - 12 points to 1 - up 3-0 in 5 minutes or so.
> > > > > > Superb, attacking tennis - none of the slow loopy groundstrokes=
that
> > > > > > Fed gave us yesterday...
>
> > > > > You made me switch from watching Murray vs. Verdasco (amazing ten=
nis
> > > > > so far!!!) to watch Nadal looping forehands at Gonzo while Gonzo
> > > > > trying to bazooka him. =A0Have things changed that much since you=
posted?
>
> > > > Yes, sensational match so far. Nadal came out absolutely blazing - =
the
> > > > forehand he hit on the run to break Gonzo must have been close to 1=
00
> > > > mph. And now Gonzo is playing some brilliant tennis to get back on
> > > > serve. All winners here, hardly any UE...
>
> > > All I know is if Nadal tries his offensive tennis and wants to have F=
H-
> > > FH exchanges, Gonzo wins that hands down.
>
> > Well you also knew that Haas would beat Nadal, and he got massacred.
> > Nadal 8 winners so far, Gonzalez 5...
>
> Yeah I predicted wrong about Haas match.
>
> I am sure Nadal will win this match, but the first game I saw he was
> hitting forehand to Gonzo's forehand, which is sort of like suicide.

Next up from RahimAsif: The new, aggressive Nadal is going to win the
CYGS.

From what I have read so far, RahimAsif seems to be an "aggression
junkie". He liked Ivanisevic because of that aggressive serve. Liked
Sampras obviously because nobody was more "in your face" than Sampras,
with his outstanding and hard serve, with his forays into the net and
with his hard groundstrokes. RahimAsif used to (perhaps) like Federer,
but not now because Federer isn't aggressive enough for him anymore.
Nadal has become more aggressive, so obviously he has jumped on to
that bandwagon. It seems to me that he inherently believes that the
most aggressive guy probably somehow deserves to win a match (and by
extension, tournaments). When an aggressive player wins, he takes that
as a validation of his own preference for aggression. When a not so
aggressive player wins, he doesn't like the result nor that player.
Sure he won, but he wasn't aggressive. In RahimAsif's mind, Federer is
somehow not deserving of his recent wins because he wasn't aggressive
enough, it would have been a more "proper" result if another, more
"aggressive" guy won.

Will RahimAsif evolve from this position? Time will tell.


  
Date: 26 Jan 2009 23:46:00
From: jdeluise
Subject: Re: Anybody watching Nadal?

On 25-Jan-2009, "arnab.z@gmail" <arnab.zaheen@gmail.com > wrote:

> On Jan 26, 11:35 am, Lax <Lax.Cla...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Jan 26, 12:18 am, RahimAsif <RahimA...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >
> >
> > > On Jan 25, 11:16 pm, Lax <Lax.Cla...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > > On Jan 26, 12:15 am, RahimAsif <RahimA...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > > > On Jan 25, 11:13 pm, Lax <Lax.Cla...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > > > > On Jan 26, 12:06 am, RahimAsif <RahimA...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > > > > > Sensational stuff - 12 points to 1 - up 3-0 in 5 minutes or
> > > > >so.
> > > > > > > Superb, attacking tennis - none of the slow loopy
> > > > >groundstrokes that
> > > > > > > Fed gave us yesterday...
> >
> > > > > > You made me switch from watching Murray vs. Verdasco (amazing
> > > > >tennis
> > > > > > so far!!!) to watch Nadal looping forehands at Gonzo while Gonzo
> > > > > > trying to bazooka him.  Have things changed that much since you
> > > > >posted?
> >
> > > > > Yes, sensational match so far. Nadal came out absolutely blazing -
> > > > >the
> > > > > forehand he hit on the run to break Gonzo must have been close to
> > > > >100
> > > > > mph. And now Gonzo is playing some brilliant tennis to get back on
> > > > > serve. All winners here, hardly any UE...
> >
> > > > All I know is if Nadal tries his offensive tennis and wants to have
> > > > FH-
> > > > FH exchanges, Gonzo wins that hands down.
> >
> > > Well you also knew that Haas would beat Nadal, and he got massacred.
> > > Nadal 8 winners so far, Gonzalez 5...
> >
> > Yeah I predicted wrong about Haas match.
> >
> > I am sure Nadal will win this match, but the first game I saw he was
> > hitting forehand to Gonzo's forehand, which is sort of like suicide.
>
> Next up from RahimAsif: The new, aggressive Nadal is going to win the
> CYGS.

Maybe you missed it, but RahimAsif promised to not talk about CYGS anymore
last year.


   
Date: 26 Jan 2009 23:48:40
From: Vari L. Cinicke
Subject: Re: Anybody watching Nadal?
jdeluise wrote:
> On 25-Jan-2009, "arnab.z@gmail" <arnab.zaheen@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Jan 26, 11:35 am, Lax <Lax.Cla...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> On Jan 26, 12:18 am, RahimAsif <RahimA...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>> On Jan 25, 11:16 pm, Lax <Lax.Cla...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>> On Jan 26, 12:15 am, RahimAsif <RahimA...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>> On Jan 25, 11:13 pm, Lax <Lax.Cla...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>> On Jan 26, 12:06 am, RahimAsif <RahimA...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>> Sensational stuff - 12 points to 1 - up 3-0 in 5 minutes or
>>>>>> so.
>>>>>>>> Superb, attacking tennis - none of the slow loopy
>>>>>> groundstrokes that
>>>>>>>> Fed gave us yesterday...
>>>>>>> You made me switch from watching Murray vs. Verdasco (amazing
>>>>>> tennis
>>>>>>> so far!!!) to watch Nadal looping forehands at Gonzo while Gonzo
>>>>>>> trying to bazooka him. Have things changed that much since you
>>>>>> posted?
>>>>>> Yes, sensational match so far. Nadal came out absolutely blazing -
>>>>>> the
>>>>>> forehand he hit on the run to break Gonzo must have been close to
>>>>>> 100
>>>>>> mph. And now Gonzo is playing some brilliant tennis to get back on
>>>>>> serve. All winners here, hardly any UE...
>>>>> All I know is if Nadal tries his offensive tennis and wants to have
>>>>> FH-
>>>>> FH exchanges, Gonzo wins that hands down.
>>>> Well you also knew that Haas would beat Nadal, and he got massacred.
>>>> Nadal 8 winners so far, Gonzalez 5...
>>> Yeah I predicted wrong about Haas match.
>>>
>>> I am sure Nadal will win this match, but the first game I saw he was
>>> hitting forehand to Gonzo's forehand, which is sort of like suicide.
>> Next up from RahimAsif: The new, aggressive Nadal is going to win the
>> CYGS.
>
> Maybe you missed it, but RahimAsif promised to not talk about CYGS anymore
> last year.

If Nadal wins the AO, all bets are off as far as RahimAsif is concerned.
They may already be off since his Nadal hyperbole is already off the charts.

--
Cheers,

vc


    
Date: 27 Jan 2009 00:59:02
From: jdeluise
Subject: Re: Anybody watching Nadal?

On 26-Jan-2009, "Vari L. Cinicke" <cinicke@netscape.net > wrote:

> If Nadal wins the AO, all bets are off as far as RahimAsif is concerned.
> They may already be off since his Nadal hyperbole is already off the
> charts.

Could be, but let's hope not. I think I will give him the benefit of the
doubt this time.


 
Date: 25 Jan 2009 22:06:09
From: RahimAsif
Subject: Re: Anybody watching Nadal?
On Jan 25, 11:06=A0pm, RahimAsif <RahimA...@gmail.com > wrote:
> Sensational stuff - 12 points to 1 - up 3-0 in 5 minutes or so.
> Superb, attacking tennis - none of the slow loopy groundstrokes that
> Fed gave us yesterday...

6-3, 5-1 now - Nadal is reaching French Open territory now with the
way he is crushing opponents...


 
Date: 25 Jan 2009 21:35:27
From: Lax
Subject: Re: Anybody watching Nadal?
On Jan 26, 12:18=A0am, RahimAsif <RahimA...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On Jan 25, 11:16=A0pm, Lax <Lax.Cla...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > On Jan 26, 12:15=A0am, RahimAsif <RahimA...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > On Jan 25, 11:13=A0pm, Lax <Lax.Cla...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > On Jan 26, 12:06=A0am, RahimAsif <RahimA...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > > Sensational stuff - 12 points to 1 - up 3-0 in 5 minutes or so.
> > > > > Superb, attacking tennis - none of the slow loopy groundstrokes t=
hat
> > > > > Fed gave us yesterday...
>
> > > > You made me switch from watching Murray vs. Verdasco (amazing tenni=
s
> > > > so far!!!) to watch Nadal looping forehands at Gonzo while Gonzo
> > > > trying to bazooka him. =A0Have things changed that much since you p=
osted?
>
> > > Yes, sensational match so far. Nadal came out absolutely blazing - th=
e
> > > forehand he hit on the run to break Gonzo must have been close to 100
> > > mph. And now Gonzo is playing some brilliant tennis to get back on
> > > serve. All winners here, hardly any UE...
>
> > All I know is if Nadal tries his offensive tennis and wants to have FH-
> > FH exchanges, Gonzo wins that hands down.
>
> Well you also knew that Haas would beat Nadal, and he got massacred.
> Nadal 8 winners so far, Gonzalez 5...
>

Yeah I predicted wrong about Haas match.

I am sure Nadal will win this match, but the first game I saw he was
hitting forehand to Gonzo's forehand, which is sort of like suicide.


 
Date: 25 Jan 2009 21:18:16
From: RahimAsif
Subject: Re: Anybody watching Nadal?
On Jan 25, 11:16=A0pm, Lax <Lax.Cla...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On Jan 26, 12:15=A0am, RahimAsif <RahimA...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > On Jan 25, 11:13=A0pm, Lax <Lax.Cla...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > On Jan 26, 12:06=A0am, RahimAsif <RahimA...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > Sensational stuff - 12 points to 1 - up 3-0 in 5 minutes or so.
> > > > Superb, attacking tennis - none of the slow loopy groundstrokes tha=
t
> > > > Fed gave us yesterday...
>
> > > You made me switch from watching Murray vs. Verdasco (amazing tennis
> > > so far!!!) to watch Nadal looping forehands at Gonzo while Gonzo
> > > trying to bazooka him. =A0Have things changed that much since you pos=
ted?
>
> > Yes, sensational match so far. Nadal came out absolutely blazing - the
> > forehand he hit on the run to break Gonzo must have been close to 100
> > mph. And now Gonzo is playing some brilliant tennis to get back on
> > serve. All winners here, hardly any UE...
>
> All I know is if Nadal tries his offensive tennis and wants to have FH-
> FH exchanges, Gonzo wins that hands down.

Well you also knew that Haas would beat Nadal, and he got massacred.
Nadal 8 winners so far, Gonzalez 5...


 
Date: 25 Jan 2009 21:16:05
From: Lax
Subject: Re: Anybody watching Nadal?
On Jan 26, 12:15=A0am, RahimAsif <RahimA...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On Jan 25, 11:13=A0pm, Lax <Lax.Cla...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Jan 26, 12:06=A0am, RahimAsif <RahimA...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Sensational stuff - 12 points to 1 - up 3-0 in 5 minutes or so.
> > > Superb, attacking tennis - none of the slow loopy groundstrokes that
> > > Fed gave us yesterday...
>
> > You made me switch from watching Murray vs. Verdasco (amazing tennis
> > so far!!!) to watch Nadal looping forehands at Gonzo while Gonzo
> > trying to bazooka him. =A0Have things changed that much since you poste=
d?
>
> Yes, sensational match so far. Nadal came out absolutely blazing - the
> forehand he hit on the run to break Gonzo must have been close to 100
> mph. And now Gonzo is playing some brilliant tennis to get back on
> serve. All winners here, hardly any UE...

All I know is if Nadal tries his offensive tennis and wants to have FH-
FH exchanges, Gonzo wins that hands down.


 
Date: 25 Jan 2009 21:15:02
From: RahimAsif
Subject: Re: Anybody watching Nadal?
On Jan 25, 11:13=A0pm, Lax <Lax.Cla...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On Jan 26, 12:06=A0am, RahimAsif <RahimA...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Sensational stuff - 12 points to 1 - up 3-0 in 5 minutes or so.
> > Superb, attacking tennis - none of the slow loopy groundstrokes that
> > Fed gave us yesterday...
>
> You made me switch from watching Murray vs. Verdasco (amazing tennis
> so far!!!) to watch Nadal looping forehands at Gonzo while Gonzo
> trying to bazooka him. =A0Have things changed that much since you posted?

Yes, sensational match so far. Nadal came out absolutely blazing - the
forehand he hit on the run to break Gonzo must have been close to 100
mph. And now Gonzo is playing some brilliant tennis to get back on
serve. All winners here, hardly any UE...


 
Date: 26 Jan 2009 00:14:35
From: wkhedr
Subject: Re: Anybody watching Nadal?
Yes, sure then Gonzo made Nadal look average afterward.


"RahimAsif" <RahimAsif@gmail.com > wrote in message
news:56d79546-0d2a-4e26-a299-3fb15c12d389@p36g2000prp.googlegroups.com...
> Sensational stuff - 12 points to 1 - up 3-0 in 5 minutes or so.
> Superb, attacking tennis - none of the slow loopy groundstrokes that
> Fed gave us yesterday...




 
Date: 25 Jan 2009 21:13:10
From: Lax
Subject: Re: Anybody watching Nadal?
On Jan 26, 12:06=A0am, RahimAsif <RahimA...@gmail.com > wrote:
> Sensational stuff - 12 points to 1 - up 3-0 in 5 minutes or so.
> Superb, attacking tennis - none of the slow loopy groundstrokes that
> Fed gave us yesterday...

You made me switch from watching Murray vs. Verdasco (amazing tennis
so far!!!) to watch Nadal looping forehands at Gonzo while Gonzo
trying to bazooka him. Have things changed that much since you posted?