tennis-forum.net
Promoting tennis discussion.

Main
Date: 02 Feb 2009 12:50:46
From: Raja
Subject: Calling Sharapova
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-1133507/Sharapova-poised-comeback-Serena-Williams-captures-10th-Grand-Slam.html

Some good points...

"proper challengers are needed for the Williams sisters. They have
dominated the last three majors and are in danger of cleaning up to
such an extent that it damages the whole distaff side of the sport.
Right now the concept of equal prize money is looking more
questionable than ever, as empty seats for the final and semi-finals
attest."




 
Date: 03 Feb 2009 18:40:02
From: amy
Subject: Re: Calling Sharapova
On Feb 3, 6:40=A0pm, Raja <zepflo...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On Feb 3, 6:26=A0pm, "J=E9r=F4me" <le.dje94.no_spam_at...@free.fr> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > "mimus" <tinmimu...@hotmail.com> a =E9crit dans le message de news:
> > 9t6dnfA_O9kYLxrUnZ2dnUVZ_g6Wn...@giganews.com...
>
> > > On Mon, 02 Feb 2009 18:17:03 -0800, vmw3 wrote:
>
> > >> On Feb 2, 2:50 pm, Raja <zepflo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > >>>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-1133507/Sharapo=
v...
>
> > >> She admitted: 'I know I can do Wimbledon but the key is the French.
> > >> Last year I put way too much pressure on myself and I was tight. But
> > >> if I'm fit and more positive then I can do it.'
>
> > > It was inspiring watching her blast away there, like a golfer in an
> > > infinite sand-trap, showering red clay all over the place.
>
> > > If you can dig your way to victory there, there's hope for her yet.
>
> > > --
>
> > > Take a deep breath, take a walk, cool off, plot a bit, and serve agai=
n.
>
> > She forgot to mention that her soulder obviously hurt since she couldn'=
t
> > serve concistently (which is basically why she could'nt win agains Safi=
na).
>
> I am confused. Are you talking about Serena or Sharapova- Hide quoted tex=
t -
>
> - Show quoted text -

"I am confused." haha ya think?


 
Date: 03 Feb 2009 16:40:16
From: Raja
Subject: Re: Calling Sharapova
On Feb 3, 6:26=A0pm, "J=E9r=F4me" <le.dje94.no_spam_at...@free.fr > wrote:
> "mimus" <tinmimu...@hotmail.com> a =E9crit dans le message de news:
> 9t6dnfA_O9kYLxrUnZ2dnUVZ_g6Wn...@giganews.com...
>
>
>
> > On Mon, 02 Feb 2009 18:17:03 -0800, vmw3 wrote:
>
> >> On Feb 2, 2:50 pm, Raja <zepflo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >>>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-1133507/Sharapov.=
..
>
> >> She admitted: 'I know I can do Wimbledon but the key is the French.
> >> Last year I put way too much pressure on myself and I was tight. But
> >> if I'm fit and more positive then I can do it.'
>
> > It was inspiring watching her blast away there, like a golfer in an
> > infinite sand-trap, showering red clay all over the place.
>
> > If you can dig your way to victory there, there's hope for her yet.
>
> > --
>
> > Take a deep breath, take a walk, cool off, plot a bit, and serve again.
>
> She forgot to mention that her soulder obviously hurt since she couldn't
> serve concistently (which is basically why she could'nt win agains Safina=
).

I am confused. Are you talking about Serena or Sharapova



 
Date: 02 Feb 2009 18:17:03
From: vmw3
Subject: Re: Calling Sharapova
On Feb 2, 2:50=A0pm, Raja <zepflo...@gmail.com > wrote:
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-1133507/Sharapov...


She admitted: =91I know I can do Wimbledon but the key is the French.
Last year I put way too much pressure on myself and I was tight. But
if I=92m fit and more positive then I can do it.=92

Maybe Ivanovic can get in shape by then...


  
Date: 02 Feb 2009 21:57:27
From: mimus
Subject: Re: Calling Sharapova
On Mon, 02 Feb 2009 18:17:03 -0800, vmw3 wrote:

> On Feb 2, 2:50 pm, Raja <zepflo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-1133507/Sharapov...
>
> She admitted: ‘I know I can do Wimbledon but the key is the French.
> Last year I put way too much pressure on myself and I was tight. But
> if I’m fit and more positive then I can do it.’

It was inspiring watching her blast away there, like a golfer in an
infinite sand-trap, showering red clay all over the place.

If you can dig your way to victory there, there's hope for her yet.

--

Take a deep breath, take a walk, cool off, plot a bit, and serve again.



   
Date: 04 Feb 2009 01:26:09
From: Jrme
Subject: Re: Calling Sharapova

"mimus" <tinmimus99@hotmail.com > a crit dans le message de news:
9t6dnfA_O9kYLxrUnZ2dnUVZ_g6WnZ2d@giganews.com...
> On Mon, 02 Feb 2009 18:17:03 -0800, vmw3 wrote:
>
>> On Feb 2, 2:50 pm, Raja <zepflo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-1133507/Sharapov...
>>
>> She admitted: 'I know I can do Wimbledon but the key is the French.
>> Last year I put way too much pressure on myself and I was tight. But
>> if I'm fit and more positive then I can do it.'
>
> It was inspiring watching her blast away there, like a golfer in an
> infinite sand-trap, showering red clay all over the place.
>
> If you can dig your way to victory there, there's hope for her yet.
>
> --
>
> Take a deep breath, take a walk, cool off, plot a bit, and serve again.
>

She forgot to mention that her soulder obviously hurt since she couldn't
serve concistently (which is basically why she could'nt win agains Safina).




 
Date: 02 Feb 2009 16:50:02
From: Raja
Subject: Re: Calling Sharapova
On Feb 2, 6:35=A0pm, "J=E9r=F4me" <le.dje94.no_spam_at...@free.fr > wrote:
> "Raja" <zepflo...@gmail.com> a =E9crit dans le message de news:
> 24da338f-b405-4d4c-aee0-114c24056...@y1g2000pra.googlegroups.com...
>
> >http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-1133507/Sharapov...
>
> > Some good points...
>
> > "proper challengers are needed for the Williams sisters. They have
> > dominated the last three majors and are in danger of cleaning up to
> > such an extent that it damages the whole distaff side of the sport.
> > Right now the concept of equal prize money is looking more
> > questionable than ever, as empty seats for the final and semi-finals
> > attest."
>
> Hope she returns since I bought a ticket for the tournament in Paris that
> she is to play in a dozen days.

best of luck. I hope they show it in the US.



 
Date: 03 Feb 2009 01:35:07
From: Jrme
Subject: Re: Calling Sharapova

"Raja" <zepfloyes@gmail.com > a crit dans le message de news:
24da338f-b405-4d4c-aee0-114c24056e14@y1g2000pra.googlegroups.com...
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-1133507/Sharapova-poised-comeback-Serena-Williams-captures-10th-Grand-Slam.html
>
> Some good points...
>
> "proper challengers are needed for the Williams sisters. They have
> dominated the last three majors and are in danger of cleaning up to
> such an extent that it damages the whole distaff side of the sport.
> Right now the concept of equal prize money is looking more
> questionable than ever, as empty seats for the final and semi-finals
> attest."

Hope she returns since I bought a ticket for the tournament in Paris that
she is to play in a dozen days.




 
Date: 02 Feb 2009 13:00:34
From:
Subject: Re: Calling Sharapova (Henin might return)
On Feb 2, 2:50=A0pm, Raja <zepflo...@gmail.com > wrote:
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-1133507/Sharapov...
>
> Some good points...
>
> "proper challengers are needed for the Williams sisters. They have
> dominated the last three majors and are in danger of cleaning up to
> such an extent that it damages the whole distaff side of the sport.
> Right now the concept of equal prize money is looking more
> questionable than ever, as empty seats for the final and semi-finals
> attest."

Another article. They mention that Henin might return.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/serena-triumph-shows-the-need-for=
-sharapova-return-1523020.html