tennis-forum.net
Promoting tennis discussion.

Main
Date: 07 Jan 2009 14:20:43
From:
Subject: Djokovic has switched to Head rackets
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/national/national/sport/stunned-novak-a-head-case/1401273.aspx

Maybe this was known, but yesterday was Djokovic's first match since
he signed with Head and is now using some white Head stick.

"It's a pretty big change. It's something that's really necessary to
be perfect for me. I like everything to be 100 per cent perfect and
sometimes it's not possible," Djokovic said.

"I changed the racquet and it's not easy to get rhythm right away.
It's my first match with the racquet.

"I'm under the contract so I have to play with the racquet. It's not
the end of the world. It's the first match. I'm trying not to be
pessimistic."

This seems crazy to me - switching models is one thing but to a
different brand is extremely risky. Surely he is going to struggle to
get used to a new racket before the AO?






 
Date: 10 Jan 2009 19:34:19
From:
Subject: Re: Djokovic has switched to Head rackets
In article
<dfe7d0ae-d4d7-4f6c-80c3-51ff7435a467@f40g2000pri.googlegroups.com >,
gregorawe@hotmail.com () wrote:

>
> This seems crazy to me - switching models is one thing but to a
> different brand is extremely risky. Surely he is going to struggle
> to
> get used to a new racket before the AO?
>
>

YOu would think they'd make these changes at less important moments, but
it's a common pattern - I guess it's when the lawyers write the contracts
to take effect. I think I read that Ivanovic also has a new racquet.

And Jankovic is tired (and sick) from her new training regime.

wg


  
Date: 11 Jan 2009 11:38:46
From:
Subject: Re: Djokovic has switched to Head rackets
wendyg@cix.compulink.co.uk writes:

> In article
> <dfe7d0ae-d4d7-4f6c-80c3-51ff7435a467@f40g2000pri.googlegroups.com>,
> gregorawe@hotmail.com () wrote:
>
>>
>> This seems crazy to me - switching models is one thing but to a
>> different brand is extremely risky. Surely he is going to struggle
>> to
>> get used to a new racket before the AO?
>>
>>
>
> YOu would think they'd make these changes at less important moments, but
> it's a common pattern - I guess it's when the lawyers write the contracts
> to take effect.

He could just use a paint job for the time being and do the actual
switching at another time.



   
Date: 12 Jan 2009 00:05:41
From: Javier Gonzalez
Subject: Re: Djokovic has switched to Head rackets
pok@me.not.invalid wrote:
> wendyg@cix.compulink.co.uk writes:
>
>> In article
>> <dfe7d0ae-d4d7-4f6c-80c3-51ff7435a467@f40g2000pri.googlegroups.com>,
>> gregorawe@hotmail.com () wrote:
>>
>>>
>>> This seems crazy to me - switching models is one thing but to a
>>> different brand is extremely risky. Surely he is going to struggle
>>> to
>>> get used to a new racket before the AO?
>>>
>>>
>>
>> YOu would think they'd make these changes at less important moments, but
>> it's a common pattern - I guess it's when the lawyers write the contracts
>> to take effect.
>
> He could just use a paint job for the time being and do the actual
> switching at another time.

Paint job? Unlikely - he switched brands, not just models.

I wonder, what happened to the last guy who won 1 slam and was finalist at the
USO that went to Head racquets... :-O


   
Date: 11 Jan 2009 13:45:57
From: Sakari Lund
Subject: Re: Djokovic has switched to Head rackets
On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 11:38:46 +0200, pok@me.not.invalid wrote:

>wendyg@cix.compulink.co.uk writes:
>
>> In article
>> <dfe7d0ae-d4d7-4f6c-80c3-51ff7435a467@f40g2000pri.googlegroups.com>,
>> gregorawe@hotmail.com () wrote:
>>
>>>
>>> This seems crazy to me - switching models is one thing but to a
>>> different brand is extremely risky. Surely he is going to struggle
>>> to
>>> get used to a new racket before the AO?
>>>
>>>
>>
>> YOu would think they'd make these changes at less important moments, but
>> it's a common pattern - I guess it's when the lawyers write the contracts
>> to take effect.
>
>He could just use a paint job for the time being and do the actual
>switching at another time.

I don't know is there ever a good time. Maybe after AO, but then you
get big events like Indian Wells and Miami pretty soon.




 
Date: 07 Jan 2009 18:02:14
From: Patrick Kehoe
Subject: Re: Djokovic has switched to Head rackets
On Jan 7, 3:50=A0pm, Dave Hazelwood <the_big_kah...@mailcity.com > wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 09:34:23 +1100, "DavidW" <n...@email.provided> wrote:
> >gregor...@hotmail.com wrote:
> >>http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/national/national/sport/stunned-..=
.
>
> >Nice page name. :-)
>
> >> Maybe this was known, but yesterday was Djokovic's first match since
> >> he signed with Head and is now using some white Head stick.
>
> >I mentioned the switch in my Djokovic thread, but I didn't know the bran=
d he'd
> >switched to.
>
> >> "It's a pretty big change. It's something that's really necessary to
> >> be perfect for me. I like everything to be 100 per cent perfect and
> >> sometimes it's not possible," Djokovic said.
>
> >> "I changed the racquet and it's not easy to get rhythm right away.
> >> It's my first match with the racquet.
>
> >> "I'm under the contract so I have to play with the racquet. It's not
> >> the end of the world. It's the first match. I'm trying not to be
> >> pessimistic."
>
> >> This seems crazy to me - switching models is one thing but to a
> >> different brand is extremely risky.
>
> >Yes.
>
> >> Surely he is going to struggle to
> >> get used to a new racket before the AO?
>
> >That may depend on how he does next week. He needs a few wins.
>
> i'd say he's fucked. he can kiss 09 goodbye.- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

++ He wins a slam and a YEC and then he changes rackets... for the
money no doubt... might come back to bite him... don't think Fed and
Murray have to worry about Djokovic though...

P


 
Date: 08 Jan 2009 09:34:23
From: DavidW
Subject: Re: Djokovic has switched to Head rackets
gregorawe@hotmail.com wrote:
> http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/national/national/sport/stunned-novak-a-head-case/1401273.aspx

Nice page name. :-)

> Maybe this was known, but yesterday was Djokovic's first match since
> he signed with Head and is now using some white Head stick.

I mentioned the switch in my Djokovic thread, but I didn't know the brand he'd
switched to.

> "It's a pretty big change. It's something that's really necessary to
> be perfect for me. I like everything to be 100 per cent perfect and
> sometimes it's not possible," Djokovic said.
>
> "I changed the racquet and it's not easy to get rhythm right away.
> It's my first match with the racquet.
>
> "I'm under the contract so I have to play with the racquet. It's not
> the end of the world. It's the first match. I'm trying not to be
> pessimistic."
>
> This seems crazy to me - switching models is one thing but to a
> different brand is extremely risky.

Yes.

> Surely he is going to struggle to
> get used to a new racket before the AO?

That may depend on how he does next week. He needs a few wins.




  
Date: 07 Jan 2009 23:50:48
From: Dave Hazelwood
Subject: Re: Djokovic has switched to Head rackets
On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 09:34:23 +1100, "DavidW" <no@email.provided > wrote:

>gregorawe@hotmail.com wrote:
>> http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/national/national/sport/stunned-novak-a-head-case/1401273.aspx
>
>Nice page name. :-)
>
>> Maybe this was known, but yesterday was Djokovic's first match since
>> he signed with Head and is now using some white Head stick.
>
>I mentioned the switch in my Djokovic thread, but I didn't know the brand he'd
>switched to.
>
>> "It's a pretty big change. It's something that's really necessary to
>> be perfect for me. I like everything to be 100 per cent perfect and
>> sometimes it's not possible," Djokovic said.
>>
>> "I changed the racquet and it's not easy to get rhythm right away.
>> It's my first match with the racquet.
>>
>> "I'm under the contract so I have to play with the racquet. It's not
>> the end of the world. It's the first match. I'm trying not to be
>> pessimistic."
>>
>> This seems crazy to me - switching models is one thing but to a
>> different brand is extremely risky.
>
>Yes.
>
>> Surely he is going to struggle to
>> get used to a new racket before the AO?
>
>That may depend on how he does next week. He needs a few wins.
>


i'd say he's fucked. he can kiss 09 goodbye.


 
Date: 07 Jan 2009 22:26:32
From: jdeluise
Subject: Re: Djokovic has switched to Head rackets

On 7-Jan-2009, gregorawe@hotmail.com wrote:

> "It's a pretty big change. It's something that's really necessary to
> be perfect for me. I like everything to be 100 per cent perfect and
> sometimes it's not possible," Djokovic said.

Hmm, that doesn't seem to be a very good attitude to me...