tennis-forum.net
Promoting tennis discussion.

Main
Date: 27 Jan 2009 05:43:07
From: Archangel
Subject: Dumbass Williams sisters.
"It's hot today and it's supposed to be more hot tomorrow."

More hot?

Wouldn't the conventional word be "hotter"?

I'm just sayin' ...






 
Date: 27 Jan 2009 06:45:00
From: stephenj
Subject: Re: Dumbass Williams sisters.
Archangel wrote:
> "It's hot today and it's supposed to be more hot tomorrow."
>
> More hot?
>
> Wouldn't the conventional word be "hotter"?
>
> I'm just sayin' ...

why waste your breath?




--
"I admit that there are good white men,
but they bear no proportion to the bad.
The bad must be strongest, for they rule.
They enslave those not of their color.
There is no faith to be placed in their words."

- Chief Pachgantschilias


 
Date: 27 Jan 2009 06:02:18
From: John Doe
Subject: Re: Dumbass Williams sisters.
"Archangel" <mcbriggs@thefirm.gov > wrote:

> "It's hot today and it's supposed to be more hot tomorrow."
>
> More hot?
>
> Wouldn't the conventional word be "hotter"?
>
> I'm just sayin' ...

Show some respect, boy.
The Williams sisters are the greatest tennis siblings in history.


--
Land Skis (rough terrain skates). The first rollerblades with a big
front wheel and small trailing wheels, to help roll over obstacles
while maintaining a low stance.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27532210@N04/3056505603


 
Date: 26 Jan 2009 21:47:22
From: Lax
Subject: Re: Dumbass Williams sisters.
On Jan 27, 12:43=A0am, "Archangel" <mcbri...@thefirm.gov > wrote:
> "It's hot today and it's supposed to be more hot tomorrow."
>
> More hot?
>
> Wouldn't the conventional word be "hotter"?
>
> I'm just sayin' ...

It's actually grammatically fine.
What's not correct is using the shorter "add er to end" form with
adjectives that don't allow it by convention (e.g., TT is stupider
than Whisper).
But using "more _____" with a word that allows "add er to end" is not
grammatically incorrect (thought may be akward sounding).

e.g.

Whisper is trying to be more nice.
Whisper is trying to be nicer.


  
Date: 27 Jan 2009 00:52:46
From: xamigax@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Dumbass Williams sisters.
On 27 jan, 06:50, "Archangel" <mcbri...@thefirm.gov > wrote:
> "Lax" <Lax.Cla...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:5657a1c2-abbc-4797-8b1c-c4a0528713d9@v5g2000prm.googlegroups.com...
> On Jan 27, 12:43 am, "Archangel" <mcbri...@thefirm.gov> wrote:
>
>
>
> > "It's hot today and it's supposed to be more hot tomorrow."
>
> > More hot?
>
> > Wouldn't the conventional word be "hotter"?
>
> > I'm just sayin' ...
>
> >It's actually grammatically fine.
> >What's not correct is using the shorter "add er to end" >form with
> >adjectives that don't allow it by convention (e.g., TT is >stupider
> >than Whisper).
> >But using "more _____" with a word that allows "add er >to end" is not
> >grammatically incorrect (thought may be akward >sounding).
> >e.g.
> >Whisper is trying to be more nice.
> >Whisper is trying to be nicer.
>
>
> The Williams sisters annoy me.
>
> May they go away quickly.

At least you admit why you notice william's otherwise grammatically
correct answer.
I was kinda hoping you to do the same with every asshole on TV (huge
job, I agree).

It's even getting worse here in France, despite our "cultural"
adoration for "classical" language.
You can't turn on radio or tv without hearing incredibly stupid people
speaking like some ten years old kid (as many grammatical errors, and
not a glimpse of that refreshing inocence ), and saying most of the
time so stupid things that you just have to turn off, fearing idiotic
contamination.


Share & Enjoy,
Manolo


  
Date: 27 Jan 2009 00:45:03
From: xamigax@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Dumbass Williams sisters.
On 27 jan, 06:47, Lax <Lax.Cla...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On Jan 27, 12:43=A0am, "Archangel" <mcbri...@thefirm.gov> wrote:
>
> > "It's hot today and it's supposed to be more hot tomorrow."
>
> > More hot?
>
> > Wouldn't the conventional word be "hotter"?
>
> > I'm just sayin' ...
>
> It's actually grammatically fine.
> What's not correct is using the shorter "add er to end" form with
> adjectives that don't allow it by convention (e.g., TT is stupider
> than Whisper).
> But using "more _____" with a word that allows "add er to end" is not
> grammatically incorrect (thought may be akward sounding).
>
> e.g.
>
> Whisper is trying to be more nice.
> Whisper is trying to be nicer.

Excellent post, and thanX (I know, I am wrong, its "thanks", but hey,
my alias has Xs on both sides!) for that free english lesson.


Share & Enjoy,
Manolo


  
Date: 26 Jan 2009 22:02:46
From:
Subject: Re: Dumbass Williams sisters.
On Jan 26, 11:50=A0pm, "Archangel" <mcbri...@thefirm.gov > wrote:
> "Lax" <Lax.Cla...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:5657a1c2-abbc-4797-8b1c-c4a0528713d9@v5g2000prm.googlegroups.com...
> On Jan 27, 12:43 am, "Archangel" <mcbri...@thefirm.gov> wrote:
>
>
>
> > "It's hot today and it's supposed to be more hot tomorrow."
>
> > More hot?
>
> > Wouldn't the conventional word be "hotter"?
>
> > I'm just sayin' ...
>
> >It's actually grammatically fine.
> >What's not correct is using the shorter "add er to end" >form with
> >adjectives that don't allow it by convention (e.g., TT is >stupider
> >than Whisper).
> >But using "more _____" with a word that allows "add er >to end" is not
> >grammatically incorrect (thought may be akward >sounding).
> >e.g.
> >Whisper is trying to be more nice.
> >Whisper is trying to be nicer.
>
> Gramatically correct.
>
> Still sounds bad.
>
> The Williams sisters annoy me.
>
> May they go away quickly.

hope they retire soon.



   
Date: 27 Jan 2009 06:07:42
From: Archangel
Subject: Re: Dumbass Williams sisters.
<zepfloyes@yahoo.com > wrote in message
news:1f4456c8-3301-4547-a337-dc22f0288e63@m22g2000vbl.googlegroups.com...
On Jan 26, 11:50 pm, "Archangel" <mcbri...@thefirm.gov > wrote:
> "Lax" <Lax.Cla...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:5657a1c2-abbc-4797-8b1c-c4a0528713d9@v5g2000prm.googlegroups.com...
> On Jan 27, 12:43 am, "Archangel" <mcbri...@thefirm.gov> wrote:
>
>
>
> > "It's hot today and it's supposed to be more hot tomorrow."
>
> > More hot?
>
> > Wouldn't the conventional word be "hotter"?
>
> > I'm just sayin' ...
>
> >It's actually grammatically fine.
> >What's not correct is using the shorter "add er to end" >form with
> >adjectives that don't allow it by convention (e.g., TT is >stupider
> >than Whisper).
> >But using "more _____" with a word that allows "add er >to end" is not
> >grammatically incorrect (thought may be akward >sounding).
> >e.g.
> >Whisper is trying to be more nice.
> >Whisper is trying to be nicer.
>
> Gramatically correct.
>
> Still sounds bad.
>
> The Williams sisters annoy me.
>
> May they go away quickly.
>
>hope they retire soon.

Perhaps... but I'd rather watch them get to the QF of every tournament for
the next 10 years than have to keep listening to Brad Gilbert and Pam
Shriver. ESPN can kiss my ass.




  
Date: 27 Jan 2009 05:50:30
From: Archangel
Subject: Re: Dumbass Williams sisters.
"Lax" <Lax.Clarke@gmail.com > wrote in message
news:5657a1c2-abbc-4797-8b1c-c4a0528713d9@v5g2000prm.googlegroups.com...
On Jan 27, 12:43 am, "Archangel" <mcbri...@thefirm.gov > wrote:
> "It's hot today and it's supposed to be more hot tomorrow."
>
> More hot?
>
> Wouldn't the conventional word be "hotter"?
>
> I'm just sayin' ...

>
>It's actually grammatically fine.
>What's not correct is using the shorter "add er to end" >form with
>adjectives that don't allow it by convention (e.g., TT is >stupider
>than Whisper).
>But using "more _____" with a word that allows "add er >to end" is not
>grammatically incorrect (thought may be akward >sounding).

>e.g.

>Whisper is trying to be more nice.
>Whisper is trying to be nicer.


Gramatically correct.

Still sounds bad.

The Williams sisters annoy me.

May they go away quickly.