tennis-forum.net
Promoting tennis discussion.

Main
Date: 03 Feb 2009 06:33:26
From: wkhedr
Subject: Federer losing to Nadal in the AO is a very tough loss to deal with
not because he lost a match, or the 14th slam or any of that, it's
because it left Federer with no excuses or ways to comfort himself
about his previous losses to Nadal. Before it was "okay, you know,
it's because of clay, I will deal with him on grass". Then he lost to
him on grass, so it was "you know, it's about the day form, I was not
lucky converting those breaks in the 1st set or the fifth set, next
time I will beat him". Now "It's a HC, and I'm the king of HC, I
should beat him with my game and my serve". Sorry you lost this too.

The conclusion of the story, Nadal beats Federer anywhere now and
Federer can't play tricks on himself any more.

For me I don't care to discuss if Nadal is nore gifted than Federer,
or Federer is better than Nadal, etc, It's simple Federer loses
everytime, it doesn't matter how many breaks he has, what surface they
are playing on, who is leading in the match, Federer loses.

This is why I see a very critical time for Federer in the next few
months.
I see one of these two things happening, retirement or major changes
in his team, schedule and play.




 
Date: 03 Feb 2009 18:40:30
From: wkhedr
Subject: Re: Federer losing to Nadal in the AO is a very tough loss to deal
On Feb 3, 8:19=A0pm, RahimAsif <RahimA...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On Feb 3, 8:33=A0am, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > not because he lost a match, or the 14th slam or any of that, it's
> > because it left Federer with no excuses or ways to comfort himself
> > about his previous losses to Nadal. Before it was "okay, you know,
> > it's because of clay, I will deal with him on grass". Then he lost to
> > him on grass, so it was "you know, it's about the day form, I was not
> > lucky converting those breaks in the 1st set or the fifth set, next
> > time I will beat him". Now "It's a HC, and I'm the king of HC, I
> > should beat him with my game and my serve". Sorry you lost this too.
>
> > The conclusion of the story, Nadal beats Federer anywhere now and
> > Federer can't play tricks on himself any more.
>
> > For me I don't care to discuss if Nadal is nore gifted than Federer,
> > or Federer is better than Nadal, etc, It's simple Federer loses
> > everytime, it doesn't matter how many breaks he has, what surface they
> > are playing on, who is leading in the match, Federer loses.
>
> > This is why I see a very critical time for Federer in the next few
> > months.
> > I see one of these two things happening, retirement or major changes
> > in his team, schedule and play.
>
> I was telling you this last year - of course that was when you were in
> a state of denial. Didn't you say right after the FO final "Nadal will
> never beat Federer again, and we can take that to the bank"?- Hide quoted=
text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

What denial? Federer won the USO, lost Wimbledon in the fifth set and
had chances to win himself, etc.
Nadal won the AO, it's done, but it won't dictate results in future
slams.
I'm discussing what's going in Federer's head.


 
Date: 03 Feb 2009 17:19:20
From: RahimAsif
Subject: Re: Federer losing to Nadal in the AO is a very tough loss to deal
On Feb 3, 8:33=A0am, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com > wrote:
> not because he lost a match, or the 14th slam or any of that, it's
> because it left Federer with no excuses or ways to comfort himself
> about his previous losses to Nadal. Before it was "okay, you know,
> it's because of clay, I will deal with him on grass". Then he lost to
> him on grass, so it was "you know, it's about the day form, I was not
> lucky converting those breaks in the 1st set or the fifth set, next
> time I will beat him". Now "It's a HC, and I'm the king of HC, I
> should beat him with my game and my serve". Sorry you lost this too.
>
> The conclusion of the story, Nadal beats Federer anywhere now and
> Federer can't play tricks on himself any more.
>
> For me I don't care to discuss if Nadal is nore gifted than Federer,
> or Federer is better than Nadal, etc, It's simple Federer loses
> everytime, it doesn't matter how many breaks he has, what surface they
> are playing on, who is leading in the match, Federer loses.
>
> This is why I see a very critical time for Federer in the next few
> months.
> I see one of these two things happening, retirement or major changes
> in his team, schedule and play.

I was telling you this last year - of course that was when you were in
a state of denial. Didn't you say right after the FO final "Nadal will
never beat Federer again, and we can take that to the bank"?


 
Date: 03 Feb 2009 12:13:01
From:
Subject: Re: Federer losing to Nadal in the AO is a very tough loss to deal
On Feb 3, 10:02=A0am, tennis41...@yahoo.com wrote:

> Rafa was already feeling sorry for him. He might throw Federina a
> couple of slams. In fact he said so almost to that effect.

Only a champion of weak character would throw matches. I'm surprised
you have such a low opinion of Rafa.


 
Date: 03 Feb 2009 11:37:04
From:
Subject: Re: Federer losing to Nadal in the AO is a very tough loss to deal
On Feb 3, 9:47=A0am, GOAT <thetruetennisg...@hotmail.co.uk > wrote:
> On Feb 3, 2:33 pm, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > not because he lost a match, or the 14th slam or any of that, it's
> > because it left Federer with no excuses or ways to comfort himself
> > about his previous losses to Nadal. Before it was "okay, you know,
> > it's because of clay, I will deal with him on grass". Then he lost to
> > him on grass, so it was "you know, it's about the day form, I was not
> > lucky converting those breaks in the 1st set or the fifth set, next
> > time I will beat him". Now "It's a HC, and I'm the king of HC, I
> > should beat him with my game and my serve". Sorry you lost this too.
>
> > The conclusion of the story, Nadal beats Federer anywhere now and
> > Federer can't play tricks on himself any more.
>
> > For me I don't care to discuss if Nadal is nore gifted than Federer,
> > or Federer is better than Nadal, etc, It's simple Federer loses
> > everytime, it doesn't matter how many breaks he has, what surface they
> > are playing on, who is leading in the match, Federer loses.
>
> > This is why I see a very critical time for Federer in the next few
> > months.
> > I see one of these two things happening, retirement or major changes
> > in his team, schedule and play.
>
> he may well do a Borg and retire. Fed's ego cannot cope with being #2.

The ego/retirement idea crossed my mind, too. I doubt it would happen
in the next year or two, but I think the chances grow somewhat if he
has a slamless year this year (which I doubt he will). Reminds me of
Hingis's first retirement. She dominated for a number of years and
retained the #1 ranking, but started to not win slams. When the #1
ranking went, it hastened her retirement, probably because she started
to despair over both issues. Roger has already lost the top ranking,
but is still making slam finals, so the circumstances are a bit
different (he could get back to #1, etc.), but I can only guess he is
miserable at #2 after spending so long at the top, and if he starts to
let the despair get to him, he might not want to "fade away."

AndyNYC


 
Date: 03 Feb 2009 07:02:09
From:
Subject: Re: Federer losing to Nadal in the AO is a very tough loss to deal
On Feb 3, 8:33=A0am, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com > wrote:
> not because he lost a match, or the 14th slam or any of that, it's
> because it left Federer with no excuses or ways to comfort himself
> about his previous losses to Nadal. Before it was "okay, you know,
> it's because of clay, I will deal with him on grass". Then he lost to
> him on grass, so it was "you know, it's about the day form, I was not
> lucky converting those breaks in the 1st set or the fifth set, next
> time I will beat him". Now "It's a HC, and I'm the king of HC, I
> should beat him with my game and my serve". Sorry you lost this too.
>
> The conclusion of the story, Nadal beats Federer anywhere now and
> Federer can't play tricks on himself any more.
>
> For me I don't care to discuss if Nadal is nore gifted than Federer,
> or Federer is better than Nadal, etc, It's simple Federer loses
> everytime, it doesn't matter how many breaks he has, what surface they
> are playing on, who is leading in the match, Federer loses.
>
> This is why I see a very critical time for Federer in the next few
> months.
> I see one of these two things happening, retirement or major changes
> in his team, schedule and play.

Rafa was already feeling sorry for him. He might throw Federina a
couple of slams. In fact he said so almost to that effect.


 
Date: 03 Feb 2009 06:47:24
From: GOAT
Subject: Re: Federer losing to Nadal in the AO is a very tough loss to deal
On Feb 3, 2:33 pm, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com > wrote:
> not because he lost a match, or the 14th slam or any of that, it's
> because it left Federer with no excuses or ways to comfort himself
> about his previous losses to Nadal. Before it was "okay, you know,
> it's because of clay, I will deal with him on grass". Then he lost to
> him on grass, so it was "you know, it's about the day form, I was not
> lucky converting those breaks in the 1st set or the fifth set, next
> time I will beat him". Now "It's a HC, and I'm the king of HC, I
> should beat him with my game and my serve". Sorry you lost this too.
>
> The conclusion of the story, Nadal beats Federer anywhere now and
> Federer can't play tricks on himself any more.
>
> For me I don't care to discuss if Nadal is nore gifted than Federer,
> or Federer is better than Nadal, etc, It's simple Federer loses
> everytime, it doesn't matter how many breaks he has, what surface they
> are playing on, who is leading in the match, Federer loses.
>
> This is why I see a very critical time for Federer in the next few
> months.
> I see one of these two things happening, retirement or major changes
> in his team, schedule and play.

he may well do a Borg and retire. Fed's ego cannot cope with being #2.