tennis-forum.net
Promoting tennis discussion.

Main
Date: 06 Jan 2009 16:28:45
From: Vari L. Cinicke
Subject: Federer rolling in serves?
Fastest first serve - 189 kmph? People remarked on that in his Murray
match. No change? Or is it because it is Starace?

Nadal in the stands watching his idol? ;-)

--
Cheers,

vc




 
Date: 06 Jan 2009 12:55:04
From: arnab.z@gmail
Subject: Re: Federer rolling in serves?
On Jan 7, 2:48 am, Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com > wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 12:45:46 -0800 (PST), "arnab.z@gmail"
>
>
>
> <arnab.zah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Jan 7, 2:39 am, Gordon Cameron <gcame...@neteze.com> wrote:
> >> On Jan 6, 8:54 am, "arnab.z@gmail" <arnab.zah...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> > On Jan 6, 10:28 pm, "Vari L. Cinicke" <cini...@netscape.net> wrote:
>
> >> > > Fastest first serve - 189 kmph? People remarked on that in his Mur=
ray
> >> > > match. No change? Or is it because it is Starace?
>
> >> > > Nadal in the stands watching his idol? ;-)
>
> >> > > --
> >> > > Cheers,
>
> >> > > vc
>
> >> > He was playing with very little intensity there. 1st gear. Don't nee=
d
> >> > any more really against Starace. Starace doesn't have the game to hu=
rt
> >> > him in the slightest. Several notches below.
>
> >> You say Potito, I say Potahto...
>
> >Yeah, an unfortunate name from an English speaker's POV. Potito
> >Starace sounds awfully like potato starch.
>
> But Star-ace is a great name for a tennis player.

Another great tennis player name is =A7=A1=A7=DF=A7=DF=A7=D1 =A7=B3=A7=DE=
=A7=D1=A7=EA=A7=DF=A7=E0=A7=D3=A7=D1, which
transliterates into English as Anna Smashnova. I am sure =A7=B3=A7=DE=A7=D1=
=A7=EA means
something different in Russian.

And of course, we have =A7=A2=A7=ED=A7=E9=A7=DC=A7=E0=A7=D3=A7=D1 from Russ=
ia, which transliterates into
English as Bychkova (the y here is basically the German =A8=B9 sound).


 
Date: 06 Jan 2009 12:50:34
From: arnab.z@gmail
Subject: Re: Federer rolling in serves?
On Jan 7, 2:48=A0am, Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com > wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 12:45:46 -0800 (PST), "arnab.z@gmail"
>
>
>
> <arnab.zah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Jan 7, 2:39=A0am, Gordon Cameron <gcame...@neteze.com> wrote:
> >> On Jan 6, 8:54=A0am, "arnab.z@gmail" <arnab.zah...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> > On Jan 6, 10:28=A0pm, "Vari L. Cinicke" <cini...@netscape.net> wrote=
:
>
> >> > > Fastest first serve - 189 kmph? People remarked on that in his Mur=
ray
> >> > > match. No change? Or is it because it is Starace?
>
> >> > > Nadal in the stands watching his idol? ;-)
>
> >> > > --
> >> > > Cheers,
>
> >> > > vc
>
> >> > He was playing with very little intensity there. 1st gear. Don't nee=
d
> >> > any more really against Starace. Starace doesn't have the game to hu=
rt
> >> > him in the slightest. Several notches below.
>
> >> You say Potito, I say Potahto...
>
> >Yeah, an unfortunate name from an English speaker's POV. Potito
> >Starace sounds awfully like potato starch.
>
> But Star-ace is a great name for a tennis player.

Yes, unfortunately the commentators pronounce it the Italian way.


 
Date: 06 Jan 2009 12:45:46
From: arnab.z@gmail
Subject: Re: Federer rolling in serves?
On Jan 7, 2:39=A0am, Gordon Cameron <gcame...@neteze.com > wrote:
> On Jan 6, 8:54=A0am, "arnab.z@gmail" <arnab.zah...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Jan 6, 10:28=A0pm, "Vari L. Cinicke" <cini...@netscape.net> wrote:
>
> > > Fastest first serve - 189 kmph? People remarked on that in his Murray
> > > match. No change? Or is it because it is Starace?
>
> > > Nadal in the stands watching his idol? ;-)
>
> > > --
> > > Cheers,
>
> > > vc
>
> > He was playing with very little intensity there. 1st gear. Don't need
> > any more really against Starace. Starace doesn't have the game to hurt
> > him in the slightest. Several notches below.
>
> You say Potito, I say Potahto...

Yeah, an unfortunate name from an English speaker's POV. Potito
Starace sounds awfully like potato starch.

You can have fun the other way, of course. You take an English slang
like "bitch" and then roll it around your tongue to make it sound
Italian: Biace (Bee-ah-chay).


  
Date: 06 Jan 2009 22:48:03
From: Sakari Lund
Subject: Re: Federer rolling in serves?
On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 12:45:46 -0800 (PST), "arnab.z@gmail"
<arnab.zaheen@gmail.com > wrote:

>On Jan 7, 2:39 am, Gordon Cameron <gcame...@neteze.com> wrote:
>> On Jan 6, 8:54 am, "arnab.z@gmail" <arnab.zah...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > On Jan 6, 10:28 pm, "Vari L. Cinicke" <cini...@netscape.net> wrote:
>>
>> > > Fastest first serve - 189 kmph? People remarked on that in his Murray
>> > > match. No change? Or is it because it is Starace?
>>
>> > > Nadal in the stands watching his idol? ;-)
>>
>> > > --
>> > > Cheers,
>>
>> > > vc
>>
>> > He was playing with very little intensity there. 1st gear. Don't need
>> > any more really against Starace. Starace doesn't have the game to hurt
>> > him in the slightest. Several notches below.
>>
>> You say Potito, I say Potahto...
>
>Yeah, an unfortunate name from an English speaker's POV. Potito
>Starace sounds awfully like potato starch.

But Star-ace is a great name for a tennis player.


 
Date: 06 Jan 2009 12:39:00
From: Gordon Cameron
Subject: Re: Federer rolling in serves?
On Jan 6, 8:54=A0am, "arnab.z@gmail" <arnab.zah...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On Jan 6, 10:28=A0pm, "Vari L. Cinicke" <cini...@netscape.net> wrote:
>
> > Fastest first serve - 189 kmph? People remarked on that in his Murray
> > match. No change? Or is it because it is Starace?
>
> > Nadal in the stands watching his idol? ;-)
>
> > --
> > Cheers,
>
> > vc
>
> He was playing with very little intensity there. 1st gear. Don't need
> any more really against Starace. Starace doesn't have the game to hurt
> him in the slightest. Several notches below.

You say Potito, I say Potahto...


 
Date: 06 Jan 2009 10:17:09
From: Giovanna
Subject: Re: Federer rolling in serves?

> Nadal in the stands watching his idol? ;-)

yes, he always enjoyed watching his gorgeous master~~


  
Date: 07 Jan 2009 03:37:16
From: Dave Hazelwood
Subject: Re: Federer rolling in serves?
On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 10:17:09 -0800 (PST), Giovanna
<giovanapel@bol.com.br > wrote:

>
>> Nadal in the stands watching his idol? ;-)
>
>yes, he always enjoyed watching his gorgeous master~~


rafa is sooooooooo jealous of Mirka !


   
Date: 07 Jan 2009 11:37:08
From: Iceberg
Subject: Re: Federer rolling in serves?
"Dave Hazelwood" <the_big_kahuna@mailcity.com > wrote in message
news:lq88m4ti0h8sai8hukos7tq64u8tob6p9d@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 10:17:09 -0800 (PST), Giovanna
> <giovanapel@bol.com.br> wrote:
>
>>
>>> Nadal in the stands watching his idol? ;-)
>>
>>yes, he always enjoyed watching his gorgeous master~~
>
>
> rafa is sooooooooo jealous of Mirka !

lol she didn't smile again I noticed.




 
Date: 06 Jan 2009 08:58:52
From: Sao Paulo Swallow
Subject: Re: Federer rolling in serves?
On Jan 6, 8:41=A0am, "Vari L. Cinicke" <cini...@netscape.net > wrote:
> Sao Paulo Swallow wrote:
> > On Jan 6, 8:28 am, "Vari L. Cinicke" <cini...@netscape.net> wrote:
> >> Fastest first serve - 189 kmph? People remarked on that in his Murray
> >> match. No change? Or is it because it is Starace?
>
> >> Nadal in the stands watching his idol? ;-)
>
> > Where are you watching the match? TIA.
>
> http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-wabuk-6.html

Thanks. I thought Federer looked fine. The AO is going to be
interesting. I'm officially excited about the new season!



  
Date: 06 Jan 2009 17:05:59
From: Vari L. Cinicke
Subject: Re: Federer rolling in serves?
Sao Paulo Swallow wrote:
> On Jan 6, 8:41 am, "Vari L. Cinicke" <cini...@netscape.net> wrote:
>> Sao Paulo Swallow wrote:
>>> On Jan 6, 8:28 am, "Vari L. Cinicke" <cini...@netscape.net> wrote:
>>>> Fastest first serve - 189 kmph? People remarked on that in his Murray
>>>> match. No change? Or is it because it is Starace?
>>>> Nadal in the stands watching his idol? ;-)
>>> Where are you watching the match? TIA.
>> http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-wabuk-6.html
>
> Thanks. I thought Federer looked fine. The AO is going to be
> interesting. I'm officially excited about the new season!
>

Moving nicely and was aggressive. Good signs.

--
Cheers,

vc


 
Date: 06 Jan 2009 08:54:52
From: arnab.z@gmail
Subject: Re: Federer rolling in serves?
On Jan 6, 10:28=A0pm, "Vari L. Cinicke" <cini...@netscape.net > wrote:
> Fastest first serve - 189 kmph? People remarked on that in his Murray
> match. No change? Or is it because it is Starace?
>
> Nadal in the stands watching his idol? ;-)
>
> --
> Cheers,
>
> vc

He was playing with very little intensity there. 1st gear. Don't need
any more really against Starace. Starace doesn't have the game to hurt
him in the slightest. Several notches below.


 
Date: 06 Jan 2009 08:52:34
From:
Subject: Re: Federer rolling in serves?
On Jan 6, 11:41=A0am, "Vari L. Cinicke" <cini...@netscape.net > wrote:
> Sao Paulo Swallow wrote:
> > On Jan 6, 8:28 am, "Vari L. Cinicke" <cini...@netscape.net> wrote:
> >> Fastest first serve - 189 kmph? People remarked on that in his Murray
> >> match. No change? Or is it because it is Starace?
>
> >> Nadal in the stands watching his idol? ;-)
>
> > Where are you watching the match? TIA.
>
> http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-wabuk-6.html
>
> --
> Cheers,
>
> vc

Nice point that got him to match point. Lucky!


 
Date: 06 Jan 2009 08:31:57
From: Sao Paulo Swallow
Subject: Re: Federer rolling in serves?
On Jan 6, 8:28=A0am, "Vari L. Cinicke" <cini...@netscape.net > wrote:
> Fastest first serve - 189 kmph? People remarked on that in his Murray
> match. No change? Or is it because it is Starace?
>
> Nadal in the stands watching his idol? ;-)

Where are you watching the match? TIA.


  
Date: 06 Jan 2009 16:41:29
From: Vari L. Cinicke
Subject: Re: Federer rolling in serves?
Sao Paulo Swallow wrote:
> On Jan 6, 8:28 am, "Vari L. Cinicke" <cini...@netscape.net> wrote:
>> Fastest first serve - 189 kmph? People remarked on that in his Murray
>> match. No change? Or is it because it is Starace?
>>
>> Nadal in the stands watching his idol? ;-)
>
> Where are you watching the match? TIA.

http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-wabuk-6.html

--
Cheers,

vc