tennis-forum.net
Promoting tennis discussion.

Main
Date: 01 Feb 2009 05:27:17
From: Raja
Subject: Federer topspin backhand even worse than Sampras among champions?
Federer topspin backhand even worse than Sampras among champions? He
needs to what Steffi did. Use the slice more. His backhand topspin is
beyond pathetic.





 
Date: 01 Feb 2009 06:19:32
From: Voice of Reason
Subject: Re: Federer topspin backhand even worse than Sampras among champions?
On Feb 1, 8:27=A0am, Raja <zepflo...@gmail.com > wrote:
> Federer topspin backhand even worse than Sampras among champions? He
> needs to what Steffi did. Use the slice more. His backhand topspin is
> beyond pathetic.

Backhand was fine - it even looked good today. Returns and serve were
his problems - and mainly - HEAD!!! He choked - plain and simple.


 
Date: 01 Feb 2009 06:13:55
From: xamigax@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Federer topspin backhand even worse than Sampras among champions?
On 1 f=E9v, 14:37, Adam Thirnis <adam.thir...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On Feb 1, 1:27 pm, Raja <zepflo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Federer topspin backhand even worse than Sampras among champions? He
> > needs to what Steffi did. Use the slice more. His backhand topspin is
> > beyond pathetic.
>
> no it's better than sampras'. it was good for 4 sets today - overall
> it was his serve that deserted him

Agree.
Won't have been that badly seen, had Federer served his "average
serve".

Share & Enjoy,
Manolo


 
Date: 01 Feb 2009 14:55:57
From: *skriptis
Subject: Re: Federer topspin backhand even worse than Sampras among champions?
Raja wrote:
> Federer topspin backhand even worse than Sampras among champions? He
> needs to what Steffi did. Use the slice more. His backhand topspin is
> beyond pathetic.


No it isn't you clown.

And the backhand question isn't a question about talent.
It's about usage.

Sampras had similar backhand, and often went for a broke. Federer doesn't do
it. (never mind nadal).

He just bumrootes to much and that's what's costing him.




 
Date: 01 Feb 2009 05:45:53
From: Joe Ramirez
Subject: Re: Federer topspin backhand even worse than Sampras among champions?
On Feb 1, 8:41=A0am, Raja <zepflo...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On Feb 1, 7:37=A0am, Adam Thirnis <adam.thir...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Feb 1, 1:27 pm, Raja <zepflo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Federer topspin backhand even worse than Sampras among champions? He
> > > needs to what Steffi did. Use the slice more. His backhand topspin is
> > > beyond pathetic.
>
> > no it's better than sampras'. it was good for 4 sets today - overall
> > it was his serve that deserted him
>
> If it chokes when it is needed most, is nt it bad. Only during the
> most crucial situation your weaknesses get exposed. An intelligent
> champions covers it up somehow. Roger is somewhat dim.
>
> And his serve started misfiring because the backhand started playing
> on his mind.

Not so -- and didn't you say you started watching the match in the
fifth set? How would you know? Anyway, Federer's serving was terrible
from the very beginning of the match. The stroke fell apart on its
own, not because of Fed's anxiety about other strokes.

Joe Ramirez


 
Date: 01 Feb 2009 05:41:35
From: Raja
Subject: Re: Federer topspin backhand even worse than Sampras among champions?
On Feb 1, 7:37=A0am, Adam Thirnis <adam.thir...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On Feb 1, 1:27 pm, Raja <zepflo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Federer topspin backhand even worse than Sampras among champions? He
> > needs to what Steffi did. Use the slice more. His backhand topspin is
> > beyond pathetic.
>
> no it's better than sampras'. it was good for 4 sets today - overall
> it was his serve that deserted him

If it chokes when it is needed most, is nt it bad. Only during the
most crucial situation your weaknesses get exposed. An intelligent
champions covers it up somehow. Roger is somewhat dim.

And his serve started misfiring because the backhand started playing
on his mind.


 
Date: 01 Feb 2009 05:37:57
From: Adam Thirnis
Subject: Re: Federer topspin backhand even worse than Sampras among champions?
On Feb 1, 1:27 pm, Raja <zepflo...@gmail.com > wrote:
> Federer topspin backhand even worse than Sampras among champions? He
> needs to what Steffi did. Use the slice more. His backhand topspin is
> beyond pathetic.

no it's better than sampras'. it was good for 4 sets today - overall
it was his serve that deserted him