tennis-forum.net
Promoting tennis discussion.

Main
Date: 25 Jan 2009 16:29:45
From: Raja
Subject: Giles Simon - flat shots only?
He seems to be hitting everything flat. Thats a very high risk game.
Does he know how to hit topspin?





 
Date: 25 Jan 2009 18:21:17
From: Jason Catlin
Subject: Re: Giles Simon - flat shots only?
On Jan 25, 9:10=A0pm, Dave Hazelwood <the_big_kah...@mailcity.com >
wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 18:06:07 -0800 (PST), Jason Catlin
>
> <jason-cat...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >On Jan 25, 8:54=A0pm, Dave Hazelwood <the_big_kah...@mailcity.com>
> >wrote:
> >> On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 01:29:41 GMT, "Stapler" <d...@d.com> wrote:
> >> >"Raja" <zepflo...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> >news:3124ae85-0ee8-40b5-a08b-a57e89f98913@d36g2000prf.googlegroups.co=
m...
> >> >> He seems to be hitting everything flat. Thats a very high risk game=
.
> >> >> Does he know how to hit topspin?
>
> >> >I'm still clueless as to how Federer is 0-2 against this mug.
>
> >> simon is no mug but a force to be reckoned with. ask nadal !
>
> >More of an exclusive hard-court specialist though than the other top
> >players.
>
> true. then again so was sampras.

Rumor has it Sampras didn't mind playing on grass either.


  
Date: 26 Jan 2009 02:22:51
From: Dave Hazelwood
Subject: Re: Giles Simon - flat shots only?
On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 18:21:17 -0800 (PST), Jason Catlin
<jason-catlin@hotmail.com > wrote:

>On Jan 25, 9:10 pm, Dave Hazelwood <the_big_kah...@mailcity.com>
>wrote:
>> On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 18:06:07 -0800 (PST), Jason Catlin
>>
>> <jason-cat...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> >On Jan 25, 8:54 pm, Dave Hazelwood <the_big_kah...@mailcity.com>
>> >wrote:
>> >> On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 01:29:41 GMT, "Stapler" <d...@d.com> wrote:
>> >> >"Raja" <zepflo...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> >> >news:3124ae85-0ee8-40b5-a08b-a57e89f98913@d36g2000prf.googlegroups.com...
>> >> >> He seems to be hitting everything flat. Thats a very high risk game.
>> >> >> Does he know how to hit topspin?
>>
>> >> >I'm still clueless as to how Federer is 0-2 against this mug.
>>
>> >> simon is no mug but a force to be reckoned with. ask nadal !
>>
>> >More of an exclusive hard-court specialist though than the other top
>> >players.
>>
>> true. then again so was sampras.
>
>Rumor has it Sampras didn't mind playing on grass either.


Yeah I heard that as well.


 
Date: 25 Jan 2009 18:06:07
From: Jason Catlin
Subject: Re: Giles Simon - flat shots only?
On Jan 25, 8:54=A0pm, Dave Hazelwood <the_big_kah...@mailcity.com >
wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 01:29:41 GMT, "Stapler" <d...@d.com> wrote:
> >"Raja" <zepflo...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >news:3124ae85-0ee8-40b5-a08b-a57e89f98913@d36g2000prf.googlegroups.com..=
.
> >> He seems to be hitting everything flat. Thats a very high risk game.
> >> Does he know how to hit topspin?
>
> >I'm still clueless as to how Federer is 0-2 against this mug.
>
> simon is no mug but a force to be reckoned with. ask nadal !

More of an exclusive hard-court specialist though than the other top
players.


  
Date: 26 Jan 2009 02:12:12
From: Dave Hazelwood
Subject: Re: Giles Simon - flat shots only?
On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 18:06:07 -0800 (PST), Jason Catlin
<jason-catlin@hotmail.com > wrote:

>On Jan 25, 8:54 pm, Dave Hazelwood <the_big_kah...@mailcity.com>
>wrote:
>> On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 01:29:41 GMT, "Stapler" <d...@d.com> wrote:
>> >"Raja" <zepflo...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> >news:3124ae85-0ee8-40b5-a08b-a57e89f98913@d36g2000prf.googlegroups.com...
>> >> He seems to be hitting everything flat. Thats a very high risk game.
>> >> Does he know how to hit topspin?
>>
>> >I'm still clueless as to how Federer is 0-2 against this mug.
>>
>> simon is no mug but a force to be reckoned with. ask nadal !
>
>More of an exclusive hard-court specialist though than the other top
>players.


He's about to feed a breadstick to that guy Monfils. You know that
same guy who wiped out Rafa a few weeks ago ? And Simon himself wiped
out Rafa at the YEC. These guys are no mugs.


   
Date: 26 Jan 2009 02:16:04
From: Dave Hazelwood
Subject: Re: Giles Simon - flat shots only?
On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 02:12:12 GMT, Dave Hazelwood
<the_big_kahuna@mailcity.com > wrote:

>On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 18:06:07 -0800 (PST), Jason Catlin
><jason-catlin@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Jan 25, 8:54 pm, Dave Hazelwood <the_big_kah...@mailcity.com>
>>wrote:
>>> On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 01:29:41 GMT, "Stapler" <d...@d.com> wrote:
>>> >"Raja" <zepflo...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> >news:3124ae85-0ee8-40b5-a08b-a57e89f98913@d36g2000prf.googlegroups.com...
>>> >> He seems to be hitting everything flat. Thats a very high risk game.
>>> >> Does he know how to hit topspin?
>>>
>>> >I'm still clueless as to how Federer is 0-2 against this mug.
>>>
>>> simon is no mug but a force to be reckoned with. ask nadal !
>>
>>More of an exclusive hard-court specialist though than the other top
>>players.
>
>
>He's about to feed a breadstick to that guy Monfils. You know that
>same guy who wiped out Rafa a few weeks ago ? And Simon himself wiped
>out Rafa at the YEC. These guys are no mugs.


They are however "French" which while not being as bad as Australian
nevertheless is a blot on their resume.


  
Date: 26 Jan 2009 02:10:02
From: Dave Hazelwood
Subject: Re: Giles Simon - flat shots only?
On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 18:06:07 -0800 (PST), Jason Catlin
<jason-catlin@hotmail.com > wrote:

>On Jan 25, 8:54 pm, Dave Hazelwood <the_big_kah...@mailcity.com>
>wrote:
>> On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 01:29:41 GMT, "Stapler" <d...@d.com> wrote:
>> >"Raja" <zepflo...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> >news:3124ae85-0ee8-40b5-a08b-a57e89f98913@d36g2000prf.googlegroups.com...
>> >> He seems to be hitting everything flat. Thats a very high risk game.
>> >> Does he know how to hit topspin?
>>
>> >I'm still clueless as to how Federer is 0-2 against this mug.
>>
>> simon is no mug but a force to be reckoned with. ask nadal !
>
>More of an exclusive hard-court specialist though than the other top
>players.


true. then again so was sampras.


 
Date: 26 Jan 2009 01:29:41
From: Stapler
Subject: Re: Giles Simon - flat shots only?
"Raja" <zepfloyes@gmail.com > wrote in message
news:3124ae85-0ee8-40b5-a08b-a57e89f98913@d36g2000prf.googlegroups.com...
> He seems to be hitting everything flat. Thats a very high risk game.
> Does he know how to hit topspin?
>


I'm still clueless as to how Federer is 0-2 against this mug.



  
Date: 26 Jan 2009 01:54:05
From: Dave Hazelwood
Subject: Re: Giles Simon - flat shots only?
On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 01:29:41 GMT, "Stapler" <d@d.com > wrote:

>"Raja" <zepfloyes@gmail.com> wrote in message
>news:3124ae85-0ee8-40b5-a08b-a57e89f98913@d36g2000prf.googlegroups.com...
>> He seems to be hitting everything flat. Thats a very high risk game.
>> Does he know how to hit topspin?
>>
>
>
>I'm still clueless as to how Federer is 0-2 against this mug.


simon is no mug but a force to be reckoned with. ask nadal !


   
Date: 26 Jan 2009 19:54:34
From: Whisper
Subject: Re: Giles Simon - flat shots only?
Dave Hazelwood wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 01:29:41 GMT, "Stapler" <d@d.com> wrote:
>
>> "Raja" <zepfloyes@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:3124ae85-0ee8-40b5-a08b-a57e89f98913@d36g2000prf.googlegroups.com...
>>> He seems to be hitting everything flat. Thats a very high risk game.
>>> Does he know how to hit topspin?
>>>
>>
>> I'm still clueless as to how Federer is 0-2 against this mug.
>
>
> simon is no mug but a force to be reckoned with. ask nadal !


Rafa killed Simon 75 63 61 at 2008 AO, but agree he can really trouble
Federer big time.





    
Date: 26 Jan 2009 09:09:09
From: Dave Hazelwood
Subject: Re: Giles Simon - flat shots only?
On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 19:54:34 +1100, Whisper <beaver999@ozemail.com.au >
wrote:

>Dave Hazelwood wrote:
>> On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 01:29:41 GMT, "Stapler" <d@d.com> wrote:
>>
>>> "Raja" <zepfloyes@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> news:3124ae85-0ee8-40b5-a08b-a57e89f98913@d36g2000prf.googlegroups.com...
>>>> He seems to be hitting everything flat. Thats a very high risk game.
>>>> Does he know how to hit topspin?
>>>>
>>>
>>> I'm still clueless as to how Federer is 0-2 against this mug.
>>
>>
>> simon is no mug but a force to be reckoned with. ask nadal !
>
>
>Rafa killed Simon 75 63 61 at 2008 AO, but agree he can really trouble
>Federer big time.
>
>


er... Last time they met it was Simon who killed Rafa.


  
Date: 25 Jan 2009 19:37:59
From: jingus
Subject: Re: Giles Simon - flat shots only?
Stapler wrote:
> "Raja" <zepfloyes@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>> He seems to be hitting everything flat. Thats a very high risk game.
>> Does he know how to hit topspin?
>
> I'm still clueless as to how Federer is 0-2 against this mug.
>

simon is very quick; you have to be very patient in playing against
him - he makes you hit that extra shot when you thought that you had
hit a winner. during the first set of this match there was a 45 shot
rally.

it seems to me that you have to go to the net on every opportunity
because he looks to be a difficult player to beat from the baseline.


   
Date: 26 Jan 2009 01:50:06
From: Stapler
Subject: Re: Giles Simon - flat shots only?
"jingus" <jingus@mindspring.com > wrote in message
news:NradnfWf2eprjuDUnZ2dnUVZ_gSdnZ2d@earthlink.com...
>
> simon is very quick; you have to be very patient in playing against
> him - he makes you hit that extra shot when you thought that you had
> hit a winner. during the first set of this match there was a 45 shot
> rally.
>
> it seems to me that you have to go to the net on every opportunity
> because he looks to be a difficult player to beat from the baseline.


He is a pesky gnat of a player, I'll give him that. But that's still in mug
territory - basically a pure bumrooter type.