tennis-forum.net
Promoting tennis discussion.

Main
Date: 13 Feb 2009 09:23:45
From: Superdave
Subject: I hit the greatest shot today !


If I could perfect this shot I would be #1 on the atp tour !

I hit a wicked shot that hit the net post richoched across the court
and hit the other net post and dropped in just over the net.

Needless to say even Rafa the cockaroach could not have played that
ball.

Anybody ever seen or heard of that happening before ?




 
Date: 13 Feb 2009 20:50:14
From: pltrgyst
Subject: Re: I hit the greatest shot today !
On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 09:23:45 GMT, Superdave
<the.big.rst.kahuna@gmail.com > wrote:

>If I could perfect this shot I would be #1 on the atp tour !
>
>I hit a wicked shot that hit the net post richoched across the court
>and hit the other net post and dropped in just over the net.

Not in singles, on a doubles court with singles sticks -- which is how
the pros usually play, and you should, too -- because the net posts
are out.

Anyone else routinely carry singles sticks around with them when they
play?

-- Larry



 
Date: 13 Feb 2009 04:21:00
From:
Subject: Re: I hit the greatest shot today !
On Feb 13, 4:23=A0am, Superdave <the.big.rst.kah...@gmail.com > wrote:
> If I could perfect this shot I would be #1 on the atp tour !
>
> I hit a wicked shot that hit the net post richoched across the court
> and hit the other net post and dropped in just over the net.
>
> Needless to say even Rafa the cockaroach could not have played that
> ball.
>
> Anybody ever seen or heard of that happening before ?

I don't know. I could somehow envision Rafa tracking that ball on its
most unusual flight,
sliding 10 feet on a hard court to retrieve it, stopping himself 1
inch short of the net, hitting a redrop that
barely clears the net (with severe backspin no less) and finishing it
all off by yelling VAMOS!


  
Date: 13 Feb 2009 06:53:57
From: undecided
Subject: Re: I hit the greatest shot today !
On Feb 13, 7:21=A0am, jasoncatlin1...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Feb 13, 4:23=A0am, Superdave <the.big.rst.kah...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > If I could perfect this shot I would be #1 on the atp tour !
>
> > I hit a wicked shot that hit the net post richoched across the court
> > and hit the other net post and dropped in just over the net.
>
> > Needless to say even Rafa the cockaroach could not have played that
> > ball.
>
> > Anybody ever seen or heard of that happening before ?
>
> I don't know. I could somehow envision Rafa tracking that ball on its
> most unusual flight,
> sliding 10 feet on a hard court to retrieve it, stopping himself 1
> inch short of the net, hitting a redrop that
> barely clears the net (with severe backspin no less) and finishing it
> all off by yelling VAMOS!

If he was already moving into the net, I could see him getting it.


  
Date: 13 Feb 2009 06:11:54
From:
Subject: Re: I hit the greatest shot today !
On Feb 13, 8:19=A0am, Superdave <the.big.rst.kah...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 04:21:00 -0800 (PST), jasoncatlin1...@gmail.com
> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> >On Feb 13, 4:23=A0am, Superdave <the.big.rst.kah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> If I could perfect this shot I would be #1 on the atp tour !
>
> >> I hit a wicked shot that hit the net post richoched across the court
> >> and hit the other net post and dropped in just over the net.
>
> >> Needless to say even Rafa the cockaroach could not have played that
> >> ball.
>
> >> Anybody ever seen or heard of that happening before ?
>
> >I don't know. I could somehow envision Rafa tracking that ball on its
> >most unusual flight,
> >sliding 10 feet on a hard court to retrieve it, stopping himself 1
> >inch short of the net, hitting a redrop that
> >barely clears the net (with severe backspin no less) and finishing it
> >all off by yelling VAMOS!
>
> man you have got a BAD case of Rafa fucktarditis.- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

After watching some of those points at AO, you'd put it past him to
get to a ball?


  
Date: 13 Feb 2009 13:19:10
From: Superdave
Subject: Re: I hit the greatest shot today !
On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 04:21:00 -0800 (PST), jasoncatlin1971@gmail.com
wrote:

>On Feb 13, 4:23 am, Superdave <the.big.rst.kah...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> If I could perfect this shot I would be #1 on the atp tour !
>>
>> I hit a wicked shot that hit the net post richoched across the court
>> and hit the other net post and dropped in just over the net.
>>
>> Needless to say even Rafa the cockaroach could not have played that
>> ball.
>>
>> Anybody ever seen or heard of that happening before ?
>
>I don't know. I could somehow envision Rafa tracking that ball on its
>most unusual flight,
>sliding 10 feet on a hard court to retrieve it, stopping himself 1
>inch short of the net, hitting a redrop that
>barely clears the net (with severe backspin no less) and finishing it
>all off by yelling VAMOS!


man you have got a BAD case of Rafa fucktarditis.


 
Date: 13 Feb 2009 02:36:24
From: ghell666
Subject: Re: I hit the greatest shot today !
On 13 Feb, 09:23, Superdave <the.big.rst.kah...@gmail.com > wrote:
> If I could perfect this shot I would be #1 on the atp tour !
>
> I hit a wicked shot that hit the net post richoched across the court
> and hit the other net post and dropped in just over the net.
>
> Needless to say even Rafa the cockaroach could not have played that
> ball.
>
> Anybody ever seen or heard of that happening before ?

I played indoor mock tennis match with a net split in 2 and 3 dustbins
as posts.. one in the center

I hit one shot that the other guy was making move for then left cos
he thought it was going into center dustbin or trash can but instead
it went round the center rim 360 before casually dropped in on his
side of the court - even though it was mock tennis its I'd still rate
it as the best / funniest shot I ever hit i.e. it was so slow when it
went round the damm rim the other guy couldnt believe it when it went
all the way round then dropped on his side , almost like I was using
the damm force : )





  
Date: 13 Feb 2009 04:11:52
From: Professor X
Subject: Re: I hit the greatest shot today !
On Feb 13, 10:36=A0am, ghell666 <matt.tip...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On 13 Feb, 09:23, Superdave <the.big.rst.kah...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > If I could perfect this shot I would be #1 on the atp tour !
>
> > I hit a wicked shot that hit the net post richoched across the court
> > and hit the other net post and dropped in just over the net.
>
> > Needless to say even Rafa the cockaroach could not have played that
> > ball.
>
> > Anybody ever seen or heard of that happening before ?
>
> I played indoor mock tennis match with a net split in 2 and 3 dustbins
> as posts.. one in the center
>
> I hit one shot that the other guy was making move for then =A0left cos
> he thought it was going into center =A0dustbin or trash can but instead
> it went round the center =A0rim 360 before casually =A0dropped in on =A0h=
is
> side of the court - even though it was mock tennis its I'd still rate
> it as the best / funniest shot I ever hit =A0i.e. it was so slow when it
> went round the damm rim the other guy couldnt believe it when it went
> all the way round then dropped on his side , almost like I was using
> the damm force : )

I once hit a lob that hit a bird in the sky, fell straight back down
again and landed on top of the net cord, then dribbled over onto his
side of the court.... turned into a perfect dropshot! I then SERVED
the bird for dinner that evening,


   
Date: 13 Feb 2009 13:19:44
From: *skriptis
Subject: Re: I hit the greatest shot today !

"Professor X" <suebokaian@hotmail.com > wrote in message
news:c5e5ef49-330f-487c-93fe-43664b628454@k8g2000yqn.googlegroups.com...
On Feb 13, 10:36 am, ghell666 <matt.tip...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On 13 Feb, 09:23, Superdave <the.big.rst.kah...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > If I could perfect this shot I would be #1 on the atp tour !
>
> > I hit a wicked shot that hit the net post richoched across the court
> > and hit the other net post and dropped in just over the net.
>
> > Needless to say even Rafa the cockaroach could not have played that
> > ball.
>
> > Anybody ever seen or heard of that happening before ?
>
> I played indoor mock tennis match with a net split in 2 and 3 dustbins
> as posts.. one in the center
>
> I hit one shot that the other guy was making move for then left cos
> he thought it was going into center dustbin or trash can but instead
> it went round the center rim 360 before casually dropped in on his
> side of the court - even though it was mock tennis its I'd still rate
> it as the best / funniest shot I ever hit i.e. it was so slow when it
> went round the damm rim the other guy couldnt believe it when it went
> all the way round then dropped on his side , almost like I was using
> the damm force : )

>I once hit a lob that hit a bird in the sky, fell straight back >down
>again and landed on top of the net cord, then dribbled over >onto his
>side of the court.... turned into a perfect dropshot! I then >SERVED
>the bird for dinner that evening,


lol




 
Date: 13 Feb 2009 10:23:26
From: Iceberg
Subject: Re: I hit the greatest shot today !
"Superdave" <the.big.rst.kahuna@gmail.com > wrote in message
news:2oeap455vne81ft2j9d53t5vn5ou6lvh66@4ax.com...
>
>
> If I could perfect this shot I would be #1 on the atp tour !
>
> I hit a wicked shot that hit the net post richoched across the court
> and hit the other net post and dropped in just over the net.
>
> Needless to say even Rafa the cockaroach could not have played that
> ball.
>
> Anybody ever seen or heard of that happening before ?

wow that must've been an amazing shot, done the backspin slice that jumps
back over the net several times, plus hit a lamp post and it ricochets back
into the court, but nothing like hitting both net posts!




 
Date: 13 Feb 2009 11:11:13
From: Roger That
Subject: Re: I hit the greatest shot today !
Superdave a écrit :
>
> If I could perfect this shot I would be #1 on the atp tour !
>
> I hit a wicked shot that hit the net post richoched across the court
> and hit the other net post and dropped in just over the net.

And you were so amazed and proud that you made two double-faults and one
unforced error after that, losing your service game :-)