tennis-forum.net
Promoting tennis discussion.

Main
Date: 01 Feb 2009 06:23:38
From: wkhedr
Subject: I hope Federer realizes that any extra help or advice can make huge
coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!




 
Date: 02 Feb 2009 18:21:58
From: Whisper
Subject: Re: I hope Federer realizes that any extra help or advice can make
wkhedr wrote:
> coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!


er, you do realize Rafa was tired no?


 
Date: 01 Feb 2009 18:19:24
From: TennisGuy
Subject: Re: I hope Federer realizes that any extra help or advice can make
On Feb 1, 9:23=A0am, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com > wrote:
> coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!

Yeah I also think he needs a coach now.

I was going to give him some tips a couple of days before the final
but didn't have his text messaging address.

They were as follows:
1. Study the Tsonga - Nadal match from A.O. 2008
2. Study the Murray - Nadal - match from U.S. Open 2008.



 
Date: 01 Feb 2009 15:08:34
From: Wayne
Subject: Re: I hope Federer realizes that any extra help or advice can make
On 1 Feb, 21:16, Shakes <kvcsh...@gmail.com > wrote:

> Look, the crux of the matter is not that federer lost to nadal.
> Rather, at least to me, it's that he showed that he is scared of
> nadal.

Yep - and the look on Fed's face during his 5th set capitulation said
"I can't beat this guy, he's just too tough".



 
Date: 01 Feb 2009 14:40:55
From:
Subject: Re: I hope Federer realizes that any extra help or advice can make
On Feb 1, 9:17=A0pm, RahimAsif <RahimA...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On Feb 1, 3:11=A0pm, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com> wrote:
>
> > Rahimasif, this is when it becomes too much.
> > Federer in the last 12 months, reached three finals and won one slam.
> > You are talking about Federer as if he became shit. Today's match went
> > five sets, in my opinion Federer played a bad match and still had his
> > chances to win it. If I remember correctly, he was leading in the
> > first set, won the 2nd, was supposed to win the third, won the fourth
> > and then gifted the fifth.
> > If he managed to pull a victory today, all this talk about Federer's
> > decline wouldn't be there, just few points here or there. Nadal's game
> > is very physical, I have never seen tennis being played like this in
> > my life, and always wondered for how long Nadal can keep this level. I
> > honestly feel Federer may continue playing after Nadal retires.
>
> I have consistently said that Fed's offensive game has suffered since
> 2007. Thats when he started having problems putting away mid court
> balls. In fact, you even started a thread in US Open 2007 (during the
> Roddick match I believe) how Fed's forehand is not the weapon it used
> to be. He didn't become rubbish today, but he has regressed in my
> opinion since 2007. He does have the occasional great match where he
> is full of confidence and striking the ball sweetly and without fear
> (like against Murray at USO final and also against Djoker in the semi,
> against Ancic and Gonzo at FO 2008) but overall I stand by my theory.

Wow, what a reveleation!


 
Date: 01 Feb 2009 13:17:34
From: RahimAsif
Subject: Re: I hope Federer realizes that any extra help or advice can make
On Feb 1, 3:11=A0pm, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com > wrote:
> Rahimasif, this is when it becomes too much.
> Federer in the last 12 months, reached three finals and won one slam.
> You are talking about Federer as if he became shit. Today's match went
> five sets, in my opinion Federer played a bad match and still had his
> chances to win it. If I remember correctly, he was leading in the
> first set, won the 2nd, was supposed to win the third, won the fourth
> and then gifted the fifth.
> If he managed to pull a victory today, all this talk about Federer's
> decline wouldn't be there, just few points here or there. Nadal's game
> is very physical, I have never seen tennis being played like this in
> my life, and always wondered for how long Nadal can keep this level. I
> honestly feel Federer may continue playing after Nadal retires.

I have consistently said that Fed's offensive game has suffered since
2007. Thats when he started having problems putting away mid court
balls. In fact, you even started a thread in US Open 2007 (during the
Roddick match I believe) how Fed's forehand is not the weapon it used
to be. He didn't become rubbish today, but he has regressed in my
opinion since 2007. He does have the occasional great match where he
is full of confidence and striking the ball sweetly and without fear
(like against Murray at USO final and also against Djoker in the semi,
against Ancic and Gonzo at FO 2008) but overall I stand by my theory.


 
Date: 01 Feb 2009 13:16:09
From: Shakes
Subject: Re: I hope Federer realizes that any extra help or advice can make
On Feb 1, 1:11 pm, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com > wrote:
> On Feb 1, 4:00 pm, RahimAsif <RahimA...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > On Feb 1, 2:04 pm, Bink B <dung...@disney.com> wrote:
>
> > > RahimAsif wrote:
> > > > On Feb 1, 8:23 am, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com> wrote:
> > > >> coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!
>
> > > > Won't make a difference IMO. Nadal is simply a better player now,
> > > > regardless of the surface...
>
> > > Agreed. Since Federer's game has steadily slide from January '07 till
> > > now I'm not sure how many occasional uplifts he's capable of. One or two
> > > maybe? While he was dropping he was still above everyone in 2007 but
> > > that is no longer the case. Happens to all the greats.
> > > R
>
> > Yes, I noticed the fall in 2007 too - some here didn't. Thats where he
> > made the transition from an attacking player to a defensive one - he
> > went from a player who tries to win matches to one who was afraid of
> > losing...
>
> Rahimasif, this is when it becomes too much.
> Federer in the last 12 months, reached three finals and won one slam.
> You are talking about Federer as if he became shit. Today's match went
> five sets, in my opinion Federer played a bad match and still had his
> chances to win it. If I remember correctly, he was leading in the
> first set, won the 2nd, was supposed to win the third, won the fourth
> and then gifted the fifth.
> If he managed to pull a victory today, all this talk about Federer's
> decline wouldn't be there, just few points here or there. Nadal's game
> is very physical, I have never seen tennis being played like this in
> my life, and always wondered for how long Nadal can keep this level. I
> honestly feel Federer may continue playing after Nadal retires.

Look, the crux of the matter is not that federer lost to nadal.
Rather, at least to me, it's that he showed that he is scared of
nadal. To me, as a fed fan, that was unacceptable. Like I said, since
Lendl, I have not seen a top champion scared of his rival. I was
dumbfounded the way he threw in double faults to lose the first and
third sets.

Nobody, not Sampras or Becker or Lendl or Courier or even Chang played
this scared.


 
Date: 01 Feb 2009 13:11:49
From: wkhedr
Subject: Re: I hope Federer realizes that any extra help or advice can make
On Feb 1, 4:00=A0pm, RahimAsif <RahimA...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On Feb 1, 2:04=A0pm, Bink B <dung...@disney.com> wrote:
>
> > RahimAsif wrote:
> > > On Feb 1, 8:23 am, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com> wrote:
> > >> coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!
>
> > > Won't make a difference IMO. Nadal is simply a better player now,
> > > regardless of the surface...
>
> > Agreed. Since Federer's game has steadily slide from January '07 till
> > now I'm not sure how many occasional uplifts he's capable of. One or tw=
o
> > maybe? While he was dropping he was still above everyone in 2007 but
> > that is no longer the case. Happens to all the greats.
> > R
>
> Yes, I noticed the fall in 2007 too - some here didn't. Thats where he
> made the transition from an attacking player to a defensive one - he
> went from a player who tries to win matches to one who was afraid of
> losing...

Rahimasif, this is when it becomes too much.
Federer in the last 12 months, reached three finals and won one slam.
You are talking about Federer as if he became shit. Today's match went
five sets, in my opinion Federer played a bad match and still had his
chances to win it. If I remember correctly, he was leading in the
first set, won the 2nd, was supposed to win the third, won the fourth
and then gifted the fifth.
If he managed to pull a victory today, all this talk about Federer's
decline wouldn't be there, just few points here or there. Nadal's game
is very physical, I have never seen tennis being played like this in
my life, and always wondered for how long Nadal can keep this level. I
honestly feel Federer may continue playing after Nadal retires.



  
Date: 01 Feb 2009 14:07:09
From: Bink B
Subject: Re: I hope Federer realizes that any extra help or advice can make
wkhedr wrote:
> On Feb 1, 4:00 pm, RahimAsif <RahimA...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Feb 1, 2:04 pm, Bink B <dung...@disney.com> wrote:
>>
>>> RahimAsif wrote:
>>>> On Feb 1, 8:23 am, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com> wrote:
>>>>> coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!
>>>> Won't make a difference IMO. Nadal is simply a better player now,
>>>> regardless of the surface...
>>> Agreed. Since Federer's game has steadily slide from January '07 till
>>> now I'm not sure how many occasional uplifts he's capable of. One or two
>>> maybe? While he was dropping he was still above everyone in 2007 but
>>> that is no longer the case. Happens to all the greats.
>>> R
>> Yes, I noticed the fall in 2007 too - some here didn't. Thats where he
>> made the transition from an attacking player to a defensive one - he
>> went from a player who tries to win matches to one who was afraid of
>> losing...
>
> Rahimasif, this is when it becomes too much.
> Federer in the last 12 months, reached three finals and won one slam.
> You are talking about Federer as if he became shit. Today's match went
> five sets, in my opinion Federer played a bad match and still had his
> chances to win it. If I remember correctly, he was leading in the
> first set, won the 2nd, was supposed to win the third, won the fourth
> and then gifted the fifth.
> If he managed to pull a victory today, all this talk about Federer's
> decline wouldn't be there,


Boy are you wrong! It would still be coming from me as it has since
early 2007 when he was still winning!


 
Date: 01 Feb 2009 13:09:45
From: Shakes
Subject: Re: I hope Federer realizes that any extra help or advice can make
On Feb 1, 1:05 pm, RahimAsif <RahimA...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On Feb 1, 3:03 pm, Shakes <kvcsh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Yes, but roddick at least plays his game to the best of his abilities
> > most of the times. He doesn't crumble like a cup cake. That's what fed
> > did yesterday. I was not as upset with the Wim F because fed at least
> > seemed like he was trying his best. But today, fed looked beaten right
> > from the first game. Throwing double faults to lose sets and tie-
> > breaks - that was unbelievable.
>
> Well, he lost in 5. It wasn't in straight sets - if he was as scared
> as you say he was, how did he win a couple of sets? Nadal was still
> +13 on the winners UE ratio, so while he wasn't at his best, he was
> playing pretty well and Fed hung in with him for at least the first 4
> sets...

He won those 2 sets because Nadal himself was not playing very well.
Or rather, the surface didn't really allow Nadal to take huge
advantage of his lefty FH to fed's BH. And Fed did play well in
spurts.

Just see - Fed throws in a DF to lose the first set, throws a DF to
lose the 3rd set. (All these when down set point). And he is known for
playing magical shots when he is down (remember that BH pass in the
Wim F to save the 4th set ?).



 
Date: 01 Feb 2009 13:07:14
From: RahimAsif
Subject: Re: I hope Federer realizes that any extra help or advice can make
On Feb 1, 2:54=A0pm, tennis41...@yahoo.com wrote:
> The cause of the mental issues if the realization that his game is
> totally outmatched by Nadal's.
> Nobody can help him there. Kinda like no amount of coaching can help
> Roddick vs Fed.

That is not entirely true since Fed has had mental issues with Nadal
right from the start when his game wasn't at all outmatched...


 
Date: 01 Feb 2009 13:05:32
From: RahimAsif
Subject: Re: I hope Federer realizes that any extra help or advice can make
On Feb 1, 3:03=A0pm, Shakes <kvcsh...@gmail.com > wrote:
> Yes, but roddick at least plays his game to the best of his abilities
> most of the times. He doesn't crumble like a cup cake. That's what fed
> did yesterday. I was not as upset with the Wim F because fed at least
> seemed like he was trying his best. But today, fed looked beaten right
> from the first game. Throwing double faults to lose sets and tie-
> breaks - =A0that was unbelievable.

Well, he lost in 5. It wasn't in straight sets - if he was as scared
as you say he was, how did he win a couple of sets? Nadal was still
+13 on the winners UE ratio, so while he wasn't at his best, he was
playing pretty well and Fed hung in with him for at least the first 4
sets...


 
Date: 01 Feb 2009 13:05:13
From:
Subject: Re: I hope Federer realizes that any extra help or advice can make
On Feb 1, 9:00=A0pm, RahimAsif <RahimA...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On Feb 1, 2:04=A0pm, Bink B <dung...@disney.com> wrote:
>
> > RahimAsif wrote:
> > > On Feb 1, 8:23 am, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com> wrote:
> > >> coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!
>
> > > Won't make a difference IMO. Nadal is simply a better player now,
> > > regardless of the surface...
>
> > Agreed. Since Federer's game has steadily slide from January '07 till
> > now I'm not sure how many occasional uplifts he's capable of. One or tw=
o
> > maybe? While he was dropping he was still above everyone in 2007 but
> > that is no longer the case. Happens to all the greats.
> > R
>
> Yes, I noticed the fall in 2007 too - some here didn't. Thats where he
> made the transition from an attacking player to a defensive one - he
> went from a player who tries to win matches to one who was afraid of
> losing...

Don't flatter yourself - there were many people here who remarked on
his 2007 form, in particular that his forehand had become less
reliable.

Federer's best years in terms of playing form were 2004 and 2005. In
2006 he did not play quite as good tennis as those years, but got even
better results. 2007 was a noticeable dip even though he won 3 slams.



  
Date: 01 Feb 2009 14:05:51
From: Bink B
Subject: Re: I hope Federer realizes that any extra help or advice can make
gregorawe@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Feb 1, 9:00 pm, RahimAsif <RahimA...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Feb 1, 2:04 pm, Bink B <dung...@disney.com> wrote:
>>
>>> RahimAsif wrote:
>>>> On Feb 1, 8:23 am, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com> wrote:
>>>>> coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!
>>>> Won't make a difference IMO. Nadal is simply a better player now,
>>>> regardless of the surface...
>>> Agreed. Since Federer's game has steadily slide from January '07 till
>>> now I'm not sure how many occasional uplifts he's capable of. One or two
>>> maybe? While he was dropping he was still above everyone in 2007 but
>>> that is no longer the case. Happens to all the greats.
>>> R
>> Yes, I noticed the fall in 2007 too - some here didn't. Thats where he
>> made the transition from an attacking player to a defensive one - he
>> went from a player who tries to win matches to one who was afraid of
>> losing...
>
> Don't flatter yourself - there were many people here who remarked on
> his 2007 form, in particular that his forehand had become less
> reliable.

I would say many. Most of the time I got beaten up for suggesting Fed
had lost a step in winning the AO in '07.
B


 
Date: 01 Feb 2009 13:03:34
From: Shakes
Subject: Re: I hope Federer realizes that any extra help or advice can make
On Feb 1, 12:54 pm, tennis41...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Feb 1, 2:22 pm, Shakes <kvcsh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Feb 1, 6:31 am, RahimAsif <RahimA...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > On Feb 1, 8:23 am, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com> wrote:
>
> > > > coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!
>
> > > Won't make a difference IMO. Nadal is simply a better player now,
> > > regardless of the surface...
>
> > Maybe true, but he needs a coach to address the mental aspect of his
> > game. Fed actually proved that he was really scared of another player,
> > his main rival.
>
> The cause of the mental issues if the realization that his game is
> totally outmatched by Nadal's.
> Nobody can help him there. Kinda like no amount of coaching can help
> Roddick vs Fed.

Yes, but roddick at least plays his game to the best of his abilities
most of the times. He doesn't crumble like a cup cake. That's what fed
did yesterday. I was not as upset with the Wim F because fed at least
seemed like he was trying his best. But today, fed looked beaten right
from the first game. Throwing double faults to lose sets and tie-
breaks - that was unbelievable.


  
Date: 02 Feb 2009 01:50:39
From: *skriptis
Subject: Re: I hope Federer realizes that any extra help or advice can make huge difference in the outcome.

"Shakes" <kvcshake@gmail.com > wrote in message
news:575867c0-6eb9-45da-b246-03e77f0b5177@i20g2000prf.googlegroups.com...
> On Feb 1, 12:54 pm, tennis41...@yahoo.com wrote:
>> On Feb 1, 2:22 pm, Shakes <kvcsh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > On Feb 1, 6:31 am, RahimAsif <RahimA...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > > On Feb 1, 8:23 am, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com> wrote:
>>
>> > > > coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!
>>
>> > > Won't make a difference IMO. Nadal is simply a better player now,
>> > > regardless of the surface...
>>
>> > Maybe true, but he needs a coach to address the mental aspect of his
>> > game. Fed actually proved that he was really scared of another player,
>> > his main rival.
>>
>> The cause of the mental issues if the realization that his game is
>> totally outmatched by Nadal's.
>> Nobody can help him there. Kinda like no amount of coaching can help
>> Roddick vs Fed.
>
> Yes, but roddick at least plays his game to the best of his abilities
> most of the times. He doesn't crumble like a cup cake. That's what fed
> did yesterday. I was not as upset with the Wim F because fed at least
> seemed like he was trying his best. But today, fed looked beaten right
> from the first game. Throwing double faults to lose sets and tie-
> breaks - that was unbelievable.

It was bad, and probably had to do with Rafa/14 but you're bound to have a
"bad day even in a slam final", eventually..he's played 18 of them so far..




 
Date: 01 Feb 2009 13:00:11
From: RahimAsif
Subject: Re: I hope Federer realizes that any extra help or advice can make
On Feb 1, 2:04=A0pm, Bink B <dung...@disney.com > wrote:
> RahimAsif wrote:
> > On Feb 1, 8:23 am, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com> wrote:
> >> coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!
>
> > Won't make a difference IMO. Nadal is simply a better player now,
> > regardless of the surface...
>
> Agreed. Since Federer's game has steadily slide from January '07 till
> now I'm not sure how many occasional uplifts he's capable of. One or two
> maybe? While he was dropping he was still above everyone in 2007 but
> that is no longer the case. Happens to all the greats.
> R

Yes, I noticed the fall in 2007 too - some here didn't. Thats where he
made the transition from an attacking player to a defensive one - he
went from a player who tries to win matches to one who was afraid of
losing...


 
Date: 01 Feb 2009 12:54:08
From:
Subject: Re: I hope Federer realizes that any extra help or advice can make
On Feb 1, 2:22=A0pm, Shakes <kvcsh...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On Feb 1, 6:31 am, RahimAsif <RahimA...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Feb 1, 8:23 am, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com> wrote:
>
> > > coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!
>
> > Won't make a difference IMO. Nadal is simply a better player now,
> > regardless of the surface...
>
> Maybe true, but he needs a coach to address the mental aspect of his
> game. Fed actually proved that he was really scared of another player,
> his main rival.

The cause of the mental issues if the realization that his game is
totally outmatched by Nadal's.
Nobody can help him there. Kinda like no amount of coaching can help
Roddick vs Fed.


 
Date: 01 Feb 2009 12:22:43
From: Shakes
Subject: Re: I hope Federer realizes that any extra help or advice can make
On Feb 1, 6:31 am, RahimAsif <RahimA...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On Feb 1, 8:23 am, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com> wrote:
>
> > coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!
>
> Won't make a difference IMO. Nadal is simply a better player now,
> regardless of the surface...

Maybe true, but he needs a coach to address the mental aspect of his
game. Fed actually proved that he was really scared of another player,
his main rival.


 
Date: 01 Feb 2009 21:54:20
From:
Subject: Re: I hope Federer realizes that any extra help or advice can make huge difference in the outcome.
wkhedr <wkhedr@my-deja.com > writes:

> coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!

Shrink, rather.


 
Date: 01 Feb 2009 06:38:33
From: wkhedr
Subject: Re: I hope Federer realizes that any extra help or advice can make
On Feb 1, 9:31=A0am, RahimAsif <RahimA...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On Feb 1, 8:23=A0am, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com> wrote:
>
> > coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!
>
> Won't make a difference IMO. Nadal is simply a better player now,
> regardless of the surface...

Won't make a difference =3D Loser mentality


 
Date: 01 Feb 2009 06:31:53
From: RahimAsif
Subject: Re: I hope Federer realizes that any extra help or advice can make
On Feb 1, 8:23=A0am, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com > wrote:
> coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!

Won't make a difference IMO. Nadal is simply a better player now,
regardless of the surface...


  
Date: 01 Feb 2009 12:04:37
From: Bink B
Subject: Re: I hope Federer realizes that any extra help or advice can make
RahimAsif wrote:
> On Feb 1, 8:23 am, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com> wrote:
>> coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!coach!
>
> Won't make a difference IMO. Nadal is simply a better player now,
> regardless of the surface...

Agreed. Since Federer's game has steadily slide from January '07 till
now I'm not sure how many occasional uplifts he's capable of. One or two
maybe? While he was dropping he was still above everyone in 2007 but
that is no longer the case. Happens to all the greats.
R