tennis-forum.net
Promoting tennis discussion.

Main
Date: 07 Feb 2009 09:47:14
From: Fan
Subject: If Federer failed to win at least one slam in 2009
It would be bad for tennis if Federer failed to win at least one slam
in 2009




 
Date: 08 Feb 2009 08:45:27
From: Fan
Subject: Re: If Federer failed to win at least one slam in 2009
On Feb 8, 3:07=A0pm, Aranci...@selin.com wrote:
> On Feb 8, 5:35=A0am, Fan <Turnagain...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > On Feb 8, 5:10=A0am, Aranci...@selin.com wrote:
>
> > > On Feb 7, 12:47=A0pm, Fan <Turnagain...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > It would be bad for tennis if Federer failed to win at least one sl=
am
> > > > in 2009
>
> > > If that happened and Fed went slamless in 2009, =A0it would be Rafas =
and
> > > Murrays fault.
>
> > It would be Federer's fault because he still has the talent and the
> > game but seem to have lost the drive.
> > Not trying to take anything from Nadal, a super champion, but Federer
> > should have won Wimbledon and the Australian if he had not blown
> > critical leads. Federer used to win his serves from 0-40 down but at
> > the Australian, the opposite happened. He needs to fix it!
>
> Nah, Fed is getting old, almost 28. These guys Rafa and Murray are in
> their early 20s and much younger.....-

Good point and that is why I pity the Federer fanatics who are living
for the day when Federer returns to his former domination on grass and
hard courts. It will not happen but I see Federer winning a couple
more slams before he hangs it up. I do not know if it would satisfy
the Federer fanatics...
Look at Hazey, he went nuts over the Australian loss. It is just a
game!


 
Date: 08 Feb 2009 02:35:21
From: Fan
Subject: Re: If Federer failed to win at least one slam in 2009
On Feb 8, 5:10=A0am, Aranci...@selin.com wrote:
> On Feb 7, 12:47=A0pm, Fan <Turnagain...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > It would be bad for tennis if Federer failed to win at least one slam
> > in 2009
>
> If that happened and Fed went slamless in 2009, =A0it would be Rafas and
> Murrays fault.

It would be Federer's fault because he still has the talent and the
game but seem to have lost the drive.
Not trying to take anything from Nadal, a super champion, but Federer
should have won Wimbledon and the Australian if he had not blown
critical leads. Federer used to win his serves from 0-40 down but at
the Australian, the opposite happened. He needs to fix it!


 
Date: 08 Feb 2009 17:42:54
From: Whisper
Subject: Re: If Federer failed to win at least one slam in 2009
Fan wrote:
> It would be bad for tennis if Federer failed to win at least one slam
> in 2009


yawn


 
Date: 07 Feb 2009 13:41:20
From: Shakes
Subject: Re: If Federer failed to win at least one slam in 2009
On Feb 7, 1:13 pm, "Iceberg" <big_bad_iceb...@moc.oohay > wrote:
> "Fan" <Turnagain...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:a9d1780b-0e14-4900-a7ad-f6bec8b2dfd5@v42g2000yqj.googlegroups.com...
>
> > It would be bad for tennis if Federer failed to win at least one slam
> > in 2009
>
> no it wouldn't. You need new challenges and winners in the game.

I know you are a sampras fan, but more than other sampras fans like
blanders, gordon, and even whisper, you (and skriptis) seem to dislike
fed for no reason other than that he is not a s/v'er and he was
getting close to sampras' record.



  
Date: 07 Feb 2009 23:39:55
From: *skriptis
Subject: Re: If Federer failed to win at least one slam in 2009

"Shakes" <kvcshake@gmail.com > wrote in message
news:96f55674-d0bf-4756-a22c-134f7fe9e2be@v18g2000pro.googlegroups.com...
> On Feb 7, 1:13 pm, "Iceberg" <big_bad_iceb...@moc.oohay> wrote:
>> "Fan" <Turnagain...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> news:a9d1780b-0e14-4900-a7ad-f6bec8b2dfd5@v42g2000yqj.googlegroups.com...
>>
>> > It would be bad for tennis if Federer failed to win at least one slam
>> > in 2009
>>
>> no it wouldn't. You need new challenges and winners in the game.
>
> I know you are a sampras fan, but more than other sampras fans like
> blanders, gordon, and even whisper, you (and skriptis) seem to dislike
> fed for no reason other than that he is not a s/v'er and he was
> getting close to sampras' record.


But isn't that the whole point of having a "favorite player"?
To like and dislike players (not persons, players) based on their playing
styles?

You seem to imply that it makes more sense to dislike Federer for various
other reasons (crying, having a purse, being Swiss, losing to Nadal etc)
than for his game style?


The way most people think of Safin, like he wasted his talent somehow,
that's the way I see Federer.
In a way, "I can't forgive him", for being such a gutless bumrooter having
so much natural talent.


As for him getting to Sampras' records, you're wrong. I won't be sad/mad if
he breaks them. Nor do I dislike Federer because of that.
But I am not rooting for him do it very much either. I think it's much nicer
to have a s/v guy as a post-1970 goat, with Laver being pre-1970 goat.


.




 
Date: 07 Feb 2009 21:13:43
From: Iceberg
Subject: Re: If Federer failed to win at least one slam in 2009
"Fan" <TurnagainArm@hotmail.com > wrote in message
news:a9d1780b-0e14-4900-a7ad-f6bec8b2dfd5@v42g2000yqj.googlegroups.com...
> It would be bad for tennis if Federer failed to win at least one slam
> in 2009

no it wouldn't. You need new challenges and winners in the game.




 
Date: 07 Feb 2009 12:33:47
From: wkhedr
Subject: Re: If Federer failed to win at least one slam in 2009
On Feb 7, 12:47=A0pm, Fan <Turnagain...@hotmail.com > wrote:
> It would be bad for tennis if Federer failed to win at least one slam
> in 2009

It will be good news for few here.