tennis-forum.net
Promoting tennis discussion.

Main
Date: 09 Jan 2009 11:41:15
From: Professor X
Subject: I'm beggining to think whispy was right..
moment a few half-decent kids come along federer shites himself.




 
Date: 11 Jan 2009 15:59:34
From: Rodjk #613
Subject: Re: I'm beggining to think whispy was right..
On Jan 11, 3:53=A0pm, kaennorsing <ljubit...@hotmail.com > wrote:
> On 10 jan, 01:01, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>
> > Professor X wrote:
> > > moment a few half-decent kids come along federer shites himself.
>
> > Fed still looks exactly the same v his clowns like Blake/Berdych, but
> > yes he's had a free run last fews with very few stepping up to play a
> > decent level. =A0You see Murray now prepared to extend rally to 6 or 7
> > strokes & we see the real skill level of Fed.
>
> err... Fish, Roddick, Stepanek, Karlovic and Blake combined had until
> the AO last year a record of 2-30 vs Federer.
>
> From that point they suddenly stopped being clowns and turned it
> around managing a winning record of 5-3 vs Federer.
>
> Exactly the same you say? Are you blind or just stupid?

You don't understand Whisper.
He is not blind or stupid.
He is trolling.

Rodjk #613


 
Date: 11 Jan 2009 15:56:58
From: Rodjk #613
Subject: Re: I'm beggining to think whispy was right..
On Jan 10, 7:47=A0am, VJ <jayacha...@hotmail.com > wrote:
> On Jan 10, 7:32=A0am, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>
>
>
> > Carey wrote:
>
> > > gregor...@hotmail.com wrote:
> > >> On Jan 10, 12:22?am, Hops <kev8...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > >>> On Jan 9, 4:02 pm, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>
> > >>>> Hops wrote:
> > >>>>> On Jan 9, 11:41 am, Professor X <sueboka...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > >>>>>> moment a few half-decent kids come along federer shites himself.
> > >>>>> Remind me again, who won the last slam? ?keep forgetting ....
> > >>>> ...almost went out 4th rd. ?Had he done so his last slam win would=
a been
> > >>>> 2007 & now it's 2009.
> > >>> not as close as Sampras at 96 US (match point). ?If he loses that,
> > >>> it's a two year slam gap from 95-97.
> > >> Sampras almost went out in the 2nd round of that 96 USO as well - Ji=
ri
> > >> Novak 6-4 in the fifth.
>
> > >> And he almost went out twice in his next one, the 1997 AO, to Hrbaty
> > >> and Costa, two more five-setters.
>
> > >> In fact, he almost went out in 9 of his 14 slam wins - food for
> > >> thought?
>
> > > Love the way the Lisper disappears when confronted
> > > with the Facts. =A0It's ok- he'll pop up again soon...
>
> > This has already been covered & explained to full satisfaction. =A0Had
> > Sampras lost any of the slams he won he woulda won others to make up th=
e
> > shortfall - his goal was the slam record at his pace so he knew when it
> > wasn't quite so important to win.- Hide quoted text -
>
> > - Show quoted text -
>
> You are truly one of the best trolls I have come across.

Isn't he great?

Rodjk #613


 
Date: 11 Jan 2009 13:53:46
From: kaennorsing
Subject: Re: I'm beggining to think whispy was right..
On 10 jan, 01:01, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au > wrote:
> Professor X wrote:
> > moment a few half-decent kids come along federer shites himself.
>
> Fed still looks exactly the same v his clowns like Blake/Berdych, but
> yes he's had a free run last fews with very few stepping up to play a
> decent level. =A0You see Murray now prepared to extend rally to 6 or 7
> strokes & we see the real skill level of Fed.

err... Fish, Roddick, Stepanek, Karlovic and Blake combined had until
the AO last year a record of 2-30 vs Federer.

From that point they suddenly stopped being clowns and turned it
around managing a winning record of 5-3 vs Federer.

Exactly the same you say? Are you blind or just stupid?


  
Date: 12 Jan 2009 01:18:58
From: TT
Subject: Re: I'm beggining to think whispy was right..
kaennorsing wrote:
> On 10 jan, 01:01, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>> Professor X wrote:
>>> moment a few half-decent kids come along federer shites himself.
>> Fed still looks exactly the same v his clowns like Blake/Berdych, but
>> yes he's had a free run last fews with very few stepping up to play a
>> decent level. You see Murray now prepared to extend rally to 6 or 7
>> strokes & we see the real skill level of Fed.
>
> err... Fish, Roddick, Stepanek, Karlovic and Blake combined had until
> the AO last year a record of 2-30 vs Federer.
>
> From that point they suddenly stopped being clowns and turned it
> around managing a winning record of 5-3 vs Federer.
>

Bacause "Nalby showed us" ...And Tipsy after that...
--
"Now I have so many dreams to chase - the French Open, an Olympic
singles gold medal in London in 2012, the Davis Cup for Switzerland"


 
Date: 10 Jan 2009 08:07:29
From:
Subject: Re: I'm beggining to think whispy was right..
On Jan 10, 8:19=A0am, "Iceberg" <big_bad_iceb...@moc.oohay > wrote:
> "arnab.z@gmail" <arnab.zah...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:e51f6cd3-5616-407f-8454-ae5789961947@l33g2000pri.googlegroups.com...
> On 10 Jan., 10:46, Shakes <kvcsh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> > On Jan 9, 8:24 pm, "arnab.z@gmail" <arnab.zah...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > On 10 Jan., 09:15, gregor...@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> > > > On Jan 10, 12:22 am, Hops <kev8...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > > > On Jan 9, 4:02 pm, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>
> > > > > > Hops wrote:
> > > > > > > On Jan 9, 11:41 am, Professor X <sueboka...@hotmail.com> wrot=
e:
> > > > > > >> moment a few half-decent kids come along federer shites
> > > > > > >> himself.
>
> > > > > > > Remind me again, who won the last slam? keep forgetting ....
>
> > > > > > ...almost went out 4th rd. Had he done so his last slam win wou=
lda
> > > > > > been
> > > > > > 2007 & now it's 2009.
>
> > > > > not as close as Sampras at 96 US (match point). If he loses that,
> > > > > it's a two year slam gap from 95-97.
>
> > > > Sampras almost went out in the 2nd round of that 96 USO as well - J=
iri
> > > > Novak 6-4 in the fifth.
>
> > > > And he almost went out twice in his next one, the 1997 AO, to Hrbat=
y
> > > > and Costa, two more five-setters.
>
> > > > In fact, he almost went out in 9 of his 14 slam wins - food for
> > > > thought?
>
> > > What is the chance that Whimpy will ignore your post and bring up the
> > > same old non-argument over and over again?
>
> > 100 % ... lol
>
> >In his persistent denial and completely oblivious reaction to what
> >other have to say, Whimpy kinda reminds me of Bush and neocons in a
> >way. But obviously it's not a political thing. So I have pinned him as
> >a typical meathead redneck. Once you figure him out like that, it's
> >almost entirely predictable what he's gonna say.
>
> this from the guy who thinks the AO has the same prestige as Wimbledon.


ROTFL.


 
Date: 10 Jan 2009 05:47:45
From: VJ
Subject: Re: I'm beggining to think whispy was right..
On Jan 10, 7:32=A0am, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au > wrote:
> Carey wrote:
>
> > gregor...@hotmail.com wrote:
> >> On Jan 10, 12:22?am, Hops <kev8...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >>> On Jan 9, 4:02 pm, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>
> >>>> Hops wrote:
> >>>>> On Jan 9, 11:41 am, Professor X <sueboka...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >>>>>> moment a few half-decent kids come along federer shites himself.
> >>>>> Remind me again, who won the last slam? ?keep forgetting ....
> >>>> ...almost went out 4th rd. ?Had he done so his last slam win woulda =
been
> >>>> 2007 & now it's 2009.
> >>> not as close as Sampras at 96 US (match point). ?If he loses that,
> >>> it's a two year slam gap from 95-97.
> >> Sampras almost went out in the 2nd round of that 96 USO as well - Jiri
> >> Novak 6-4 in the fifth.
>
> >> And he almost went out twice in his next one, the 1997 AO, to Hrbaty
> >> and Costa, two more five-setters.
>
> >> In fact, he almost went out in 9 of his 14 slam wins - food for
> >> thought?
>
> > Love the way the Lisper disappears when confronted
> > with the Facts. =A0It's ok- he'll pop up again soon...
>
> This has already been covered & explained to full satisfaction. =A0Had
> Sampras lost any of the slams he won he woulda won others to make up the
> shortfall - his goal was the slam record at his pace so he knew when it
> wasn't quite so important to win.- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

You are truly one of the best trolls I have come across.



  
Date: 11 Jan 2009 19:14:04
From: Whisper
Subject: Re: I'm beggining to think whispy was right..
VJ wrote:
> On Jan 10, 7:32 am, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>> Carey wrote:
>>
>>> gregor...@hotmail.com wrote:
>>>> On Jan 10, 12:22?am, Hops <kev8...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>>> On Jan 9, 4:02 pm, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>>>>>> Hops wrote:
>>>>>>> On Jan 9, 11:41 am, Professor X <sueboka...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>> moment a few half-decent kids come along federer shites himself.
>>>>>>> Remind me again, who won the last slam? ?keep forgetting ....
>>>>>> ...almost went out 4th rd. ?Had he done so his last slam win woulda been
>>>>>> 2007 & now it's 2009.
>>>>> not as close as Sampras at 96 US (match point). ?If he loses that,
>>>>> it's a two year slam gap from 95-97.
>>>> Sampras almost went out in the 2nd round of that 96 USO as well - Jiri
>>>> Novak 6-4 in the fifth.
>>>> And he almost went out twice in his next one, the 1997 AO, to Hrbaty
>>>> and Costa, two more five-setters.
>>>> In fact, he almost went out in 9 of his 14 slam wins - food for
>>>> thought?
>>> Love the way the Lisper disappears when confronted
>>> with the Facts. It's ok- he'll pop up again soon...
>> This has already been covered & explained to full satisfaction. Had
>> Sampras lost any of the slams he won he woulda won others to make up the
>> shortfall - his goal was the slam record at his pace so he knew when it
>> wasn't quite so important to win.- Hide quoted text -
>>
>> - Show quoted text -
>
> You are truly one of the best trolls I have come across.
>


You don't have to take my word for it - at age 18 Sampras was predicted
by experts to rise like a colossus & rival the greats of all sports like
Pele, Jordan, Lewis, Ali etc. He was considered technically perfect
with no weaknesses.

It's only dumb cunts in rst, which you appear to be a typical example,
who consider him 'lucky' or 'just a serve'. How many guys with 'just a
serve' have won more than 1 slam? None you dumbo lol.... ; )




   
Date: 11 Jan 2009 12:43:24
From: Dave Hazelwood
Subject: Re: I'm beggining to think whispy was right..
On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 19:14:04 +1100, Whisper <beaver999@ozemail.com.au >
wrote:

>VJ wrote:
>> On Jan 10, 7:32 am, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>>> Carey wrote:
>>>
>>>> gregor...@hotmail.com wrote:
>>>>> On Jan 10, 12:22?am, Hops <kev8...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>>>> On Jan 9, 4:02 pm, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>>>>>>> Hops wrote:
>>>>>>>> On Jan 9, 11:41 am, Professor X <sueboka...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>> moment a few half-decent kids come along federer shites himself.
>>>>>>>> Remind me again, who won the last slam? ?keep forgetting ....
>>>>>>> ...almost went out 4th rd. ?Had he done so his last slam win woulda been
>>>>>>> 2007 & now it's 2009.
>>>>>> not as close as Sampras at 96 US (match point). ?If he loses that,
>>>>>> it's a two year slam gap from 95-97.
>>>>> Sampras almost went out in the 2nd round of that 96 USO as well - Jiri
>>>>> Novak 6-4 in the fifth.
>>>>> And he almost went out twice in his next one, the 1997 AO, to Hrbaty
>>>>> and Costa, two more five-setters.
>>>>> In fact, he almost went out in 9 of his 14 slam wins - food for
>>>>> thought?
>>>> Love the way the Lisper disappears when confronted
>>>> with the Facts. It's ok- he'll pop up again soon...
>>> This has already been covered & explained to full satisfaction. Had
>>> Sampras lost any of the slams he won he woulda won others to make up the
>>> shortfall - his goal was the slam record at his pace so he knew when it
>>> wasn't quite so important to win.- Hide quoted text -
>>>
>>> - Show quoted text -
>>
>> You are truly one of the best trolls I have come across.
>>
>
>
>You don't have to take my word for it - at age 18 Sampras was predicted
>by experts to rise like a colossus & rival the greats of all sports like
>Pele, Jordan, Lewis, Ali etc. He was considered technically perfect
>with no weaknesses.
>
>It's only dumb cunts in rst, which you appear to be a typical example,
>who consider him 'lucky' or 'just a serve'. How many guys with 'just a
>serve' have won more than 1 slam? None you dumbo lol.... ; )

No weaknesses ? No weaknesses ??

He was fucking lame on clay the most used surface in the sport from
the getgo to the tomb.

Go ahead, tell us clay doesn't count.

I dare you.


  
Date: 10 Jan 2009 16:33:56
From: Sakari Lund
Subject: Re: I'm beggining to think whispy was right..
On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 05:47:45 -0800 (PST), VJ <jayachan_v@hotmail.com >
wrote:

>On Jan 10, 7:32 am, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>> Carey wrote:
>>
>> > gregor...@hotmail.com wrote:
>> >> On Jan 10, 12:22?am, Hops <kev8...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> >>> On Jan 9, 4:02 pm, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>>
>> >>>> Hops wrote:
>> >>>>> On Jan 9, 11:41 am, Professor X <sueboka...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> >>>>>> moment a few half-decent kids come along federer shites himself.
>> >>>>> Remind me again, who won the last slam? ?keep forgetting ....
>> >>>> ...almost went out 4th rd. ?Had he done so his last slam win woulda been
>> >>>> 2007 & now it's 2009.
>> >>> not as close as Sampras at 96 US (match point). ?If he loses that,
>> >>> it's a two year slam gap from 95-97.
>> >> Sampras almost went out in the 2nd round of that 96 USO as well - Jiri
>> >> Novak 6-4 in the fifth.
>>
>> >> And he almost went out twice in his next one, the 1997 AO, to Hrbaty
>> >> and Costa, two more five-setters.
>>
>> >> In fact, he almost went out in 9 of his 14 slam wins - food for
>> >> thought?
>>
>> > Love the way the Lisper disappears when confronted
>> > with the Facts.  It's ok- he'll pop up again soon...
>>
>> This has already been covered & explained to full satisfaction.  Had
>> Sampras lost any of the slams he won he woulda won others to make up the
>> shortfall - his goal was the slam record at his pace so he knew when it
>> wasn't quite so important to win.- Hide quoted text -
>>
>> - Show quoted text -
>
>You are truly one of the best trolls I have come across.

But this argument is pretty amazing even from Whisper. Every time Fed
goes to 5 sets, he almost loses, and that should be noticed in
evaluating his career. Every time Sampras goes to 5 sets (happened a
lot), it doesn't matter, because had he lost, he would have won some
other slam instead!


   
Date: 11 Jan 2009 19:18:24
From: Whisper
Subject: Re: I'm beggining to think whispy was right..
Sakari Lund wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 05:47:45 -0800 (PST), VJ <jayachan_v@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Jan 10, 7:32 am, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>>> Carey wrote:
>>>
>>>> gregor...@hotmail.com wrote:
>>>>> On Jan 10, 12:22?am, Hops <kev8...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>>>> On Jan 9, 4:02 pm, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>>>>>>> Hops wrote:
>>>>>>>> On Jan 9, 11:41 am, Professor X <sueboka...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>> moment a few half-decent kids come along federer shites himself.
>>>>>>>> Remind me again, who won the last slam? ?keep forgetting ....
>>>>>>> ...almost went out 4th rd. ?Had he done so his last slam win woulda been
>>>>>>> 2007 & now it's 2009.
>>>>>> not as close as Sampras at 96 US (match point). ?If he loses that,
>>>>>> it's a two year slam gap from 95-97.
>>>>> Sampras almost went out in the 2nd round of that 96 USO as well - Jiri
>>>>> Novak 6-4 in the fifth.
>>>>> And he almost went out twice in his next one, the 1997 AO, to Hrbaty
>>>>> and Costa, two more five-setters.
>>>>> In fact, he almost went out in 9 of his 14 slam wins - food for
>>>>> thought?
>>>> Love the way the Lisper disappears when confronted
>>>> with the Facts. It's ok- he'll pop up again soon...
>>> This has already been covered & explained to full satisfaction. Had
>>> Sampras lost any of the slams he won he woulda won others to make up the
>>> shortfall - his goal was the slam record at his pace so he knew when it
>>> wasn't quite so important to win.- Hide quoted text -
>>>
>>> - Show quoted text -
>> You are truly one of the best trolls I have come across.
>
> But this argument is pretty amazing even from Whisper. Every time Fed
> goes to 5 sets, he almost loses, and that should be noticed in
> evaluating his career. Every time Sampras goes to 5 sets (happened a
> lot), it doesn't matter, because had he lost, he would have won some
> other slam instead!



You're missing the point. Sampras clearly paced himself to do just
enough to ;

- get 1 break per set
- do it for 2 or 3 sets to win the match
- do it for 7 matches to win the slam
- do it enough times to break all time slam record
- play just enough to secure yr end No.1


The thing that amazes me about Sampras is he was so good he could get
away with this half-arsed effort. It really is astonishing. I can't
think of any other great player good enough to pull it off.

It's also funny watching naysayers tie them selves up in knots trying to
paint it all as some kind of fluke based around the serve - provides me
endless amusement.



 
Date: 09 Jan 2009 22:57:08
From: Carey
Subject: Re: I'm beggining to think whispy was right..


gregor...@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Jan 10, 12:22?am, Hops <kev8...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > On Jan 9, 4:02 pm, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
> >
> > > Hops wrote:
> > > > On Jan 9, 11:41 am, Professor X <sueboka...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > >> moment a few half-decent kids come along federer shites himself.
> >
> > > > Remind me again, who won the last slam? ?keep forgetting ....
> >
> > > ...almost went out 4th rd. ?Had he done so his last slam win woulda been
> > > 2007 & now it's 2009.
> >
> > not as close as Sampras at 96 US (match point). ?If he loses that,
> > it's a two year slam gap from 95-97.
>
> Sampras almost went out in the 2nd round of that 96 USO as well - Jiri
> Novak 6-4 in the fifth.
>
> And he almost went out twice in his next one, the 1997 AO, to Hrbaty
> and Costa, two more five-setters.
>
> In fact, he almost went out in 9 of his 14 slam wins - food for
> thought?

Love the way the Lisper disappears when confronted
with the Facts. It's ok- he'll pop up again soon...


  
Date: 10 Jan 2009 23:32:36
From: Whisper
Subject: Re: I'm beggining to think whispy was right..
Carey wrote:
>
> gregor...@hotmail.com wrote:
>> On Jan 10, 12:22?am, Hops <kev8...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> On Jan 9, 4:02 pm, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hops wrote:
>>>>> On Jan 9, 11:41 am, Professor X <sueboka...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>> moment a few half-decent kids come along federer shites himself.
>>>>> Remind me again, who won the last slam? ?keep forgetting ....
>>>> ...almost went out 4th rd. ?Had he done so his last slam win woulda been
>>>> 2007 & now it's 2009.
>>> not as close as Sampras at 96 US (match point). ?If he loses that,
>>> it's a two year slam gap from 95-97.
>> Sampras almost went out in the 2nd round of that 96 USO as well - Jiri
>> Novak 6-4 in the fifth.
>>
>> And he almost went out twice in his next one, the 1997 AO, to Hrbaty
>> and Costa, two more five-setters.
>>
>> In fact, he almost went out in 9 of his 14 slam wins - food for
>> thought?
>
> Love the way the Lisper disappears when confronted
> with the Facts. It's ok- he'll pop up again soon...


This has already been covered & explained to full satisfaction. Had
Sampras lost any of the slams he won he woulda won others to make up the
shortfall - his goal was the slam record at his pace so he knew when it
wasn't quite so important to win.




 
Date: 09 Jan 2009 20:58:57
From: arnab.z@gmail
Subject: Re: I'm beggining to think whispy was right..
On 10 Jan., 10:46, Shakes <kvcsh...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On Jan 9, 8:24 pm, "arnab.z@gmail" <arnab.zah...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > On 10 Jan., 09:15, gregor...@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> > > On Jan 10, 12:22 am, Hops <kev8...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > > On Jan 9, 4:02 pm, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>
> > > > > Hops wrote:
> > > > > > On Jan 9, 11:41 am, Professor X <sueboka...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > > > >> moment a few half-decent kids come along federer shites himsel=
f.
>
> > > > > > Remind me again, who won the last slam? =A0keep forgetting ....
>
> > > > > ...almost went out 4th rd. =A0Had he done so his last slam win wo=
ulda been
> > > > > 2007 & now it's 2009.
>
> > > > not as close as Sampras at 96 US (match point). =A0If he loses that=
,
> > > > it's a two year slam gap from 95-97.
>
> > > Sampras almost went out in the 2nd round of that 96 USO as well - Jir=
i
> > > Novak 6-4 in the fifth.
>
> > > And he almost went out twice in his next one, the 1997 AO, to Hrbaty
> > > and Costa, two more five-setters.
>
> > > In fact, he almost went out in 9 of his 14 slam wins - food for
> > > thought?
>
> > What is the chance that Whimpy will ignore your post and bring up the
> > same old non-argument over and over again?
>
> 100 % ... lol

In his persistent denial and completely oblivious reaction to what
other have to say, Whimpy kinda reminds me of Bush and neocons in a
way. But obviously it's not a political thing. So I have pinned him as
a typical meathead redneck. Once you figure him out like that, it's
almost entirely predictable what he's gonna say.


  
Date: 10 Jan 2009 13:19:31
From: Iceberg
Subject: Re: I'm beggining to think whispy was right..
"arnab.z@gmail" <arnab.zaheen@gmail.com > wrote in message
news:e51f6cd3-5616-407f-8454-ae5789961947@l33g2000pri.googlegroups.com...
On 10 Jan., 10:46, Shakes <kvcsh...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On Jan 9, 8:24 pm, "arnab.z@gmail" <arnab.zah...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > On 10 Jan., 09:15, gregor...@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> > > On Jan 10, 12:22 am, Hops <kev8...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > > On Jan 9, 4:02 pm, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>
> > > > > Hops wrote:
> > > > > > On Jan 9, 11:41 am, Professor X <sueboka...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > > > >> moment a few half-decent kids come along federer shites
> > > > > >> himself.
>
> > > > > > Remind me again, who won the last slam? keep forgetting ....
>
> > > > > ...almost went out 4th rd. Had he done so his last slam win woulda
> > > > > been
> > > > > 2007 & now it's 2009.
>
> > > > not as close as Sampras at 96 US (match point). If he loses that,
> > > > it's a two year slam gap from 95-97.
>
> > > Sampras almost went out in the 2nd round of that 96 USO as well - Jiri
> > > Novak 6-4 in the fifth.
>
> > > And he almost went out twice in his next one, the 1997 AO, to Hrbaty
> > > and Costa, two more five-setters.
>
> > > In fact, he almost went out in 9 of his 14 slam wins - food for
> > > thought?
>
> > What is the chance that Whimpy will ignore your post and bring up the
> > same old non-argument over and over again?
>
> 100 % ... lol
>
>In his persistent denial and completely oblivious reaction to what
>other have to say, Whimpy kinda reminds me of Bush and neocons in a
>way. But obviously it's not a political thing. So I have pinned him as
>a typical meathead redneck. Once you figure him out like that, it's
>almost entirely predictable what he's gonna say.

this from the guy who thinks the AO has the same prestige as Wimbledon.




  
Date: 10 Jan 2009 23:29:06
From: Whisper
Subject: Re: I'm beggining to think whispy was right..
arnab.z@gmail wrote:
> On 10 Jan., 10:46, Shakes <kvcsh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Jan 9, 8:24 pm, "arnab.z@gmail" <arnab.zah...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>>> On 10 Jan., 09:15, gregor...@hotmail.com wrote:
>>>> On Jan 10, 12:22 am, Hops <kev8...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>>> On Jan 9, 4:02 pm, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>>>>>> Hops wrote:
>>>>>>> On Jan 9, 11:41 am, Professor X <sueboka...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>> moment a few half-decent kids come along federer shites himself.
>>>>>>> Remind me again, who won the last slam? keep forgetting ....
>>>>>> ...almost went out 4th rd. Had he done so his last slam win woulda been
>>>>>> 2007 & now it's 2009.
>>>>> not as close as Sampras at 96 US (match point). If he loses that,
>>>>> it's a two year slam gap from 95-97.
>>>> Sampras almost went out in the 2nd round of that 96 USO as well - Jiri
>>>> Novak 6-4 in the fifth.
>>>> And he almost went out twice in his next one, the 1997 AO, to Hrbaty
>>>> and Costa, two more five-setters.
>>>> In fact, he almost went out in 9 of his 14 slam wins - food for
>>>> thought?
>>> What is the chance that Whimpy will ignore your post and bring up the
>>> same old non-argument over and over again?
>> 100 % ... lol
>
> In his persistent denial and completely oblivious reaction to what
> other have to say, Whimpy kinda reminds me of Bush and neocons in a
> way. But obviously it's not a political thing. So I have pinned him as
> a typical meathead redneck. Once you figure him out like that, it's
> almost entirely predictable what he's gonna say.


My mum said always tell the truth - nothing to fear if you do.


 
Date: 09 Jan 2009 20:46:26
From: Shakes
Subject: Re: I'm beggining to think whispy was right..
On Jan 9, 8:24 pm, "arnab.z@gmail" <arnab.zah...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On 10 Jan., 09:15, gregor...@hotmail.com wrote:
>
>
>
> > On Jan 10, 12:22 am, Hops <kev8...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > On Jan 9, 4:02 pm, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>
> > > > Hops wrote:
> > > > > On Jan 9, 11:41 am, Professor X <sueboka...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > > >> moment a few half-decent kids come along federer shites himself.
>
> > > > > Remind me again, who won the last slam? keep forgetting ....
>
> > > > ...almost went out 4th rd. Had he done so his last slam win woulda been
> > > > 2007 & now it's 2009.
>
> > > not as close as Sampras at 96 US (match point). If he loses that,
> > > it's a two year slam gap from 95-97.
>
> > Sampras almost went out in the 2nd round of that 96 USO as well - Jiri
> > Novak 6-4 in the fifth.
>
> > And he almost went out twice in his next one, the 1997 AO, to Hrbaty
> > and Costa, two more five-setters.
>
> > In fact, he almost went out in 9 of his 14 slam wins - food for
> > thought?
>
> What is the chance that Whimpy will ignore your post and bring up the
> same old non-argument over and over again?

100 % ... lol


 
Date: 09 Jan 2009 20:24:38
From: arnab.z@gmail
Subject: Re: I'm beggining to think whispy was right..
On 10 Jan., 09:15, gregor...@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Jan 10, 12:22=A0am, Hops <kev8...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > On Jan 9, 4:02 pm, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>
> > > Hops wrote:
> > > > On Jan 9, 11:41 am, Professor X <sueboka...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > >> moment a few half-decent kids come along federer shites himself.
>
> > > > Remind me again, who won the last slam? =A0keep forgetting ....
>
> > > ...almost went out 4th rd. =A0Had he done so his last slam win woulda=
been
> > > 2007 & now it's 2009.
>
> > not as close as Sampras at 96 US (match point). =A0If he loses that,
> > it's a two year slam gap from 95-97.
>
> Sampras almost went out in the 2nd round of that 96 USO as well - Jiri
> Novak 6-4 in the fifth.
>
> And he almost went out twice in his next one, the 1997 AO, to Hrbaty
> and Costa, two more five-setters.
>
> In fact, he almost went out in 9 of his 14 slam wins - food for
> thought?

What is the chance that Whimpy will ignore your post and bring up the
same old non-argument over and over again?


  
Date: 10 Jan 2009 04:45:21
From: Dave Hazelwood
Subject: Re: I'm beggining to think whispy was right..
On Fri, 9 Jan 2009 20:24:38 -0800 (PST), "arnab.z@gmail"
<arnab.zaheen@gmail.com > wrote:

>On 10 Jan., 09:15, gregor...@hotmail.com wrote:
>> On Jan 10, 12:22 am, Hops <kev8...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> > On Jan 9, 4:02 pm, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>>
>> > > Hops wrote:
>> > > > On Jan 9, 11:41 am, Professor X <sueboka...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> > > >> moment a few half-decent kids come along federer shites himself.
>>
>> > > > Remind me again, who won the last slam?  keep forgetting ....
>>
>> > > ...almost went out 4th rd.  Had he done so his last slam win woulda been
>> > > 2007 & now it's 2009.
>>
>> > not as close as Sampras at 96 US (match point).  If he loses that,
>> > it's a two year slam gap from 95-97.
>>
>> Sampras almost went out in the 2nd round of that 96 USO as well - Jiri
>> Novak 6-4 in the fifth.
>>
>> And he almost went out twice in his next one, the 1997 AO, to Hrbaty
>> and Costa, two more five-setters.
>>
>> In fact, he almost went out in 9 of his 14 slam wins - food for
>> thought?
>
>What is the chance that Whimpy will ignore your post and bring up the
>same old non-argument over and over again?


a in-depth analysis of his record will clearly show sampras is way
over-rated.


 
Date: 09 Jan 2009 19:15:04
From:
Subject: Re: I'm beggining to think whispy was right..
On Jan 10, 12:22=A0am, Hops <kev8...@yahoo.com > wrote:
> On Jan 9, 4:02 pm, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>
> > Hops wrote:
> > > On Jan 9, 11:41 am, Professor X <sueboka...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > >> moment a few half-decent kids come along federer shites himself.
>
> > > Remind me again, who won the last slam? =A0keep forgetting ....
>
> > ...almost went out 4th rd. =A0Had he done so his last slam win woulda b=
een
> > 2007 & now it's 2009.
>
> not as close as Sampras at 96 US (match point). =A0If he loses that,
> it's a two year slam gap from 95-97.

Sampras almost went out in the 2nd round of that 96 USO as well - Jiri
Novak 6-4 in the fifth.

And he almost went out twice in his next one, the 1997 AO, to Hrbaty
and Costa, two more five-setters.

In fact, he almost went out in 9 of his 14 slam wins - food for
thought?





 
Date: 09 Jan 2009 17:41:10
From: thunderbolt.bob@gmail.com
Subject: Re: I'm beggining to think whispy was right..
On Jan 9, 3:53=A0pm, Hops <kev8...@yahoo.com > wrote:
> On Jan 9, 11:41 am, Professor X <sueboka...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > moment a few half-decent kids come along federer shites himself.
>
> Remind me again, who won the last slam? =A0keep forgetting ....

Yes indeed. It seems to take the 'Big Stage' for Fed to find the
'Zone'.
USO 08! Fed surge cleaned up the insurgents.



  
Date: 10 Jan 2009 03:48:44
From: TT
Subject: Re: I'm beggining to think whispy was right..
thunderbolt.bob@gmail.com wrote:
> On Jan 9, 3:53 pm, Hops <kev8...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> On Jan 9, 11:41 am, Professor X <sueboka...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> moment a few half-decent kids come along federer shites himself.
>> Remind me again, who won the last slam? keep forgetting ....
>
> Yes indeed. It seems to take the 'Big Stage' for Fed to find the
> 'Zone'.
> USO 08! Fed surge cleaned up the insurgents.
>

How about FO 08? The match he had been preparing for several months,
even hiring a claycourt coach...

--
"Now I have so many dreams to chase - the French Open, an Olympic
singles gold medal in London in 2012, the Davis Cup for Switzerland"


 
Date: 09 Jan 2009 16:22:06
From: Hops
Subject: Re: I'm beggining to think whispy was right..
On Jan 9, 4:02 pm, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au > wrote:
> Hops wrote:
> > On Jan 9, 11:41 am, Professor X <sueboka...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> moment a few half-decent kids come along federer shites himself.
>
> > Remind me again, who won the last slam? keep forgetting ....
>
> ...almost went out 4th rd. Had he done so his last slam win woulda been
> 2007 & now it's 2009.

not as close as Sampras at 96 US (match point). If he loses that,
it's a two year slam gap from 95-97.


> Food for thought.

Chomp.





 
Date: 10 Jan 2009 11:01:51
From: Whisper
Subject: Re: I'm beggining to think whispy was right..
Professor X wrote:
> moment a few half-decent kids come along federer shites himself.


Fed still looks exactly the same v his clowns like Blake/Berdych, but
yes he's had a free run last fews with very few stepping up to play a
decent level. You see Murray now prepared to extend rally to 6 or 7
strokes & we see the real skill level of Fed.



 
Date: 09 Jan 2009 14:56:30
From:
Subject: Re: I'm beggining to think whispy was right..
On Jan 9, 3:32=A0pm, "Stapler" <d...@d.com > wrote:
> "Professor X" <sueboka...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:48e92b6d-cbd9-40af-aa9a-48e95d5af91b@o40g2000prn.googlegroups.com...
>
> > moment a few half-decent kids come along federer shites himself.
>
> It took Murray 3 years to get to this level. He didn't just "come along".

Murray is only 21.


  
Date: 10 Jan 2009 06:40:37
From: Stapler
Subject: Re: I'm beggining to think whispy was right..
<Arancione@selin.com > wrote in message
news:ecb00e92-7bbf-445b-a74a-0d43d90cd5c8@k36g2000yqe.googlegroups.com...
On Jan 9, 3:32 pm, "Stapler" <d...@d.com > wrote:
> "Professor X" <sueboka...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:48e92b6d-cbd9-40af-aa9a-48e95d5af91b@o40g2000prn.googlegroups.com...
>
> > moment a few half-decent kids come along federer shites himself.
>
> It took Murray 3 years to get to this level. He didn't just "come along".

>Murray is only 21.

Which is a normal age to start dominating in pro tennis.




 
Date: 09 Jan 2009 12:53:57
From: Hops
Subject: Re: I'm beggining to think whispy was right..
On Jan 9, 11:41 am, Professor X <sueboka...@hotmail.com > wrote:
> moment a few half-decent kids come along federer shites himself.


Remind me again, who won the last slam? keep forgetting ....



  
Date: 11 Jan 2009 04:26:59
From:
Subject: Re: I'm beggining to think whispy was right..
On Jan 11, 8:18=A0am, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au > wrote:
> Sakari Lund wrote:
> > On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 05:47:45 -0800 (PST), VJ <jayacha...@hotmail.com>
> > wrote:
>
> >> On Jan 10, 7:32 am, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
> >>> Carey wrote:
>
> >>>> gregor...@hotmail.com wrote:
> >>>>> On Jan 10, 12:22?am, Hops <kev8...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >>>>>> On Jan 9, 4:02 pm, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
> >>>>>>> Hops wrote:
> >>>>>>>> On Jan 9, 11:41 am, Professor X <sueboka...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >>>>>>>>> moment a few half-decent kids come along federer shites himself=
.
> >>>>>>>> Remind me again, who won the last slam? ?keep forgetting ....
> >>>>>>> ...almost went out 4th rd. ?Had he done so his last slam win woul=
da been
> >>>>>>> 2007 & now it's 2009.
> >>>>>> not as close as Sampras at 96 US (match point). ?If he loses that,
> >>>>>> it's a two year slam gap from 95-97.
> >>>>> Sampras almost went out in the 2nd round of that 96 USO as well - J=
iri
> >>>>> Novak 6-4 in the fifth.
> >>>>> And he almost went out twice in his next one, the 1997 AO, to Hrbat=
y
> >>>>> and Costa, two more five-setters.
> >>>>> In fact, he almost went out in 9 of his 14 slam wins - food for
> >>>>> thought?
> >>>> Love the way the Lisper disappears when confronted
> >>>> with the Facts. =A0It's ok- he'll pop up again soon...
> >>> This has already been covered & explained to full satisfaction. =A0Ha=
d
> >>> Sampras lost any of the slams he won he woulda won others to make up =
the
> >>> shortfall - his goal was the slam record at his pace so he knew when =
it
> >>> wasn't quite so important to win.- Hide quoted text -
>
> >>> - Show quoted text -
> >> You are truly one of the best trolls I have come across.
>
> > But this argument is pretty amazing even from Whisper. Every time Fed
> > goes to 5 sets, he almost loses, and that should be noticed in
> > evaluating his career. Every time Sampras goes to 5 sets (happened a
> > lot), it doesn't matter, because had he lost, he would have won some
> > other slam instead!
>
> You're missing the point. =A0Sampras clearly paced himself to do just
> enough to ;
>
> - get 1 break per set
> - do it for 2 or 3 sets to win the match
> - do it for 7 matches to win the slam
> - do it enough times to break all time slam record
> - play just enough to secure yr end No.1
>

Why did Sampras not save energy by winning in three sets then instead
of letting it go to five so many times?




   
Date: 11 Jan 2009 23:30:25
From: Whisper
Subject: Re: I'm beggining to think whispy was right..
gregorawe@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Jan 11, 8:18 am, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>> Sakari Lund wrote:
>>> On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 05:47:45 -0800 (PST), VJ <jayacha...@hotmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>> On Jan 10, 7:32 am, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>>>>> Carey wrote:
>>>>>> gregor...@hotmail.com wrote:
>>>>>>> On Jan 10, 12:22?am, Hops <kev8...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>> On Jan 9, 4:02 pm, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>>>>>>>>> Hops wrote:
>>>>>>>>>> On Jan 9, 11:41 am, Professor X <sueboka...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>> moment a few half-decent kids come along federer shites himself.
>>>>>>>>>> Remind me again, who won the last slam? ?keep forgetting ....
>>>>>>>>> ...almost went out 4th rd. ?Had he done so his last slam win woulda been
>>>>>>>>> 2007 & now it's 2009.
>>>>>>>> not as close as Sampras at 96 US (match point). ?If he loses that,
>>>>>>>> it's a two year slam gap from 95-97.
>>>>>>> Sampras almost went out in the 2nd round of that 96 USO as well - Jiri
>>>>>>> Novak 6-4 in the fifth.
>>>>>>> And he almost went out twice in his next one, the 1997 AO, to Hrbaty
>>>>>>> and Costa, two more five-setters.
>>>>>>> In fact, he almost went out in 9 of his 14 slam wins - food for
>>>>>>> thought?
>>>>>> Love the way the Lisper disappears when confronted
>>>>>> with the Facts. It's ok- he'll pop up again soon...
>>>>> This has already been covered & explained to full satisfaction. Had
>>>>> Sampras lost any of the slams he won he woulda won others to make up the
>>>>> shortfall - his goal was the slam record at his pace so he knew when it
>>>>> wasn't quite so important to win.- Hide quoted text -
>>>>> - Show quoted text -
>>>> You are truly one of the best trolls I have come across.
>>> But this argument is pretty amazing even from Whisper. Every time Fed
>>> goes to 5 sets, he almost loses, and that should be noticed in
>>> evaluating his career. Every time Sampras goes to 5 sets (happened a
>>> lot), it doesn't matter, because had he lost, he would have won some
>>> other slam instead!
>> You're missing the point. Sampras clearly paced himself to do just
>> enough to ;
>>
>> - get 1 break per set
>> - do it for 2 or 3 sets to win the match
>> - do it for 7 matches to win the slam
>> - do it enough times to break all time slam record
>> - play just enough to secure yr end No.1
>>
>
> Why did Sampras not save energy by winning in three sets then instead
> of letting it go to five so many times?
>
>


The half-arsed nature of his efforts invited an element of risk,
resulting in matches extending > 3 sets.

If you're just banking on 1 break per set then all sorts of fluky things
can happen & your opponent steals a set or 2, when in reality he only
got a few lucky points.

Sampras beating say Korda 64 63 67 67 64 means he had as much chance of
winning as if he had been defeated 63 62 64.





    
Date: 11 Jan 2009 23:10:18
From: TT
Subject: Re: I'm beggining to think whispy was right..
Whisper wrote:
>
> Sampras beating say Korda 64 63 67 67 64 means he had as much chance of
> winning as if he had been defeated 63 62 64.
>

You lost me there...



--
"Now I have so many dreams to chase - the French Open, an Olympic
singles gold medal in London in 2012, the Davis Cup for Switzerland"


  
Date: 11 Jan 2009 04:25:45
From:
Subject: Re: I'm beggining to think whispy was right..
On Jan 10, 2:33=A0pm, Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com > wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 05:47:45 -0800 (PST), VJ <jayacha...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>
>
> >On Jan 10, 7:32=A0am, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
> >> Carey wrote:
>
> >> > gregor...@hotmail.com wrote:
> >> >> On Jan 10, 12:22?am, Hops <kev8...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >> >>> On Jan 9, 4:02 pm, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>
> >> >>>> Hops wrote:
> >> >>>>> On Jan 9, 11:41 am, Professor X <sueboka...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> >>>>>> moment a few half-decent kids come along federer shites himself=
.
> >> >>>>> Remind me again, who won the last slam? ?keep forgetting ....
> >> >>>> ...almost went out 4th rd. ?Had he done so his last slam win woul=
da been
> >> >>>> 2007 & now it's 2009.
> >> >>> not as close as Sampras at 96 US (match point). ?If he loses that,
> >> >>> it's a two year slam gap from 95-97.
> >> >> Sampras almost went out in the 2nd round of that 96 USO as well - J=
iri
> >> >> Novak 6-4 in the fifth.
>
> >> >> And he almost went out twice in his next one, the 1997 AO, to Hrbat=
y
> >> >> and Costa, two more five-setters.
>
> >> >> In fact, he almost went out in 9 of his 14 slam wins - food for
> >> >> thought?
>
> >> > Love the way the Lisper disappears when confronted
> >> > with the Facts. =A0It's ok- he'll pop up again soon...
>
> >> This has already been covered & explained to full satisfaction. =A0Had
> >> Sampras lost any of the slams he won he woulda won others to make up t=
he
> >> shortfall - his goal was the slam record at his pace so he knew when i=
t
> >> wasn't quite so important to win.- Hide quoted text -
>
> >> - Show quoted text -
>
> >You are truly one of the best trolls I have come across.
>
> But this argument is pretty amazing even from Whisper. Every time Fed
> goes to 5 sets, he almost loses, and that should be noticed in
> evaluating his career. Every time Sampras goes to 5 sets (happened a
> lot), it doesn't matter, because had he lost, he would have won some
> other slam instead!

Plus Borg as well - his Wimbledon wins are rated as "unconvincing" as
he had lots of five-setters along the way. No such problems for
Sampras ...



  
Date: 10 Jan 2009 07:24:00
From: arnab.z@gmail
Subject: Re: I'm beggining to think whispy was right..
On 10 Jan., 20:37, Jason Catlin <jason-cat...@hotmail.com > wrote:
> On Jan 10, 9:33=A0am, Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 05:47:45 -0800 (PST), VJ <jayacha...@hotmail.com>
> > wrote:
>
> > >On Jan 10, 7:32=A0am, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
> > >> Carey wrote:
>
> > >> > gregor...@hotmail.com wrote:
> > >> >> On Jan 10, 12:22?am, Hops <kev8...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > >> >>> On Jan 9, 4:02 pm, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>
> > >> >>>> Hops wrote:
> > >> >>>>> On Jan 9, 11:41 am, Professor X <sueboka...@hotmail.com> wrote=
:
> > >> >>>>>> moment a few half-decent kids come along federer shites himse=
lf.
> > >> >>>>> Remind me again, who won the last slam? ?keep forgetting ....
> > >> >>>> ...almost went out 4th rd. ?Had he done so his last slam win wo=
ulda been
> > >> >>>> 2007 & now it's 2009.
> > >> >>> not as close as Sampras at 96 US (match point). ?If he loses tha=
t,
> > >> >>> it's a two year slam gap from 95-97.
> > >> >> Sampras almost went out in the 2nd round of that 96 USO as well -=
Jiri
> > >> >> Novak 6-4 in the fifth.
>
> > >> >> And he almost went out twice in his next one, the 1997 AO, to Hrb=
aty
> > >> >> and Costa, two more five-setters.
>
> > >> >> In fact, he almost went out in 9 of his 14 slam wins - food for
> > >> >> thought?
>
> > >> > Love the way the Lisper disappears when confronted
> > >> > with the Facts. =A0It's ok- he'll pop up again soon...
>
> > >> This has already been covered & explained to full satisfaction. =A0H=
ad
> > >> Sampras lost any of the slams he won he woulda won others to make up=
the
> > >> shortfall - his goal was the slam record at his pace so he knew when=
it
> > >> wasn't quite so important to win.- Hide quoted text -
>
> > >> - Show quoted text -
>
> > >You are truly one of the best trolls I have come across.
>
> > But this argument is pretty amazing even from Whisper. Every time Fed
> > goes to 5 sets, he almost loses, and that should be noticed in
> > evaluating his career. Every time Sampras goes to 5 sets (happened a
> > lot), it doesn't matter, because had he lost, he would have won some
> > other slam instead!-
>
> I sort of get where Whisper is coming from. Even those times when
> Sampras was pushed to 5 sets at
> Slams it still seemed like it would take a miracle for him to actually
> lose. But then again the same can be said about other great champs
> like Borg and Fed as well.

First of all, it's bad thinking. Second, Whimpy is a hopeless Sampras
fanboy. So even if the same bad thinking applies to Borg and Federer,
Whimpy never applies it to them. Miracles and impossible tasks are
only reserved for Sampras. This is what makes Whimpy a Sampras fanboy
troll.


   
Date: 11 Jan 2009 19:19:57
From: Whisper
Subject: Re: I'm beggining to think whispy was right..
arnab.z@gmail wrote:
> On 10 Jan., 20:37, Jason Catlin <jason-cat...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> On Jan 10, 9:33 am, Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com> wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>>> On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 05:47:45 -0800 (PST), VJ <jayacha...@hotmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>> On Jan 10, 7:32 am, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>>>>> Carey wrote:
>>>>>> gregor...@hotmail.com wrote:
>>>>>>> On Jan 10, 12:22?am, Hops <kev8...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>> On Jan 9, 4:02 pm, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>>>>>>>>> Hops wrote:
>>>>>>>>>> On Jan 9, 11:41 am, Professor X <sueboka...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>> moment a few half-decent kids come along federer shites himself.
>>>>>>>>>> Remind me again, who won the last slam? ?keep forgetting ....
>>>>>>>>> ...almost went out 4th rd. ?Had he done so his last slam win woulda been
>>>>>>>>> 2007 & now it's 2009.
>>>>>>>> not as close as Sampras at 96 US (match point). ?If he loses that,
>>>>>>>> it's a two year slam gap from 95-97.
>>>>>>> Sampras almost went out in the 2nd round of that 96 USO as well - Jiri
>>>>>>> Novak 6-4 in the fifth.
>>>>>>> And he almost went out twice in his next one, the 1997 AO, to Hrbaty
>>>>>>> and Costa, two more five-setters.
>>>>>>> In fact, he almost went out in 9 of his 14 slam wins - food for
>>>>>>> thought?
>>>>>> Love the way the Lisper disappears when confronted
>>>>>> with the Facts. It's ok- he'll pop up again soon...
>>>>> This has already been covered & explained to full satisfaction. Had
>>>>> Sampras lost any of the slams he won he woulda won others to make up the
>>>>> shortfall - his goal was the slam record at his pace so he knew when it
>>>>> wasn't quite so important to win.- Hide quoted text -
>>>>> - Show quoted text -
>>>> You are truly one of the best trolls I have come across.
>>> But this argument is pretty amazing even from Whisper. Every time Fed
>>> goes to 5 sets, he almost loses, and that should be noticed in
>>> evaluating his career. Every time Sampras goes to 5 sets (happened a
>>> lot), it doesn't matter, because had he lost, he would have won some
>>> other slam instead!-
>> I sort of get where Whisper is coming from. Even those times when
>> Sampras was pushed to 5 sets at
>> Slams it still seemed like it would take a miracle for him to actually
>> lose. But then again the same can be said about other great champs
>> like Borg and Fed as well.
>
> First of all, it's bad thinking. Second, Whimpy is a hopeless Sampras
> fanboy. So even if the same bad thinking applies to Borg and Federer,
> Whimpy never applies it to them. Miracles and impossible tasks are
> only reserved for Sampras. This is what makes Whimpy a Sampras fanboy
> troll.


No way. I'm a Mac fanboy - but I'd have to be pretty dumb to not
realize what Sampras was doing out there. Never been a player like him.



  
Date: 10 Jan 2009 06:37:23
From: Jason Catlin
Subject: Re: I'm beggining to think whispy was right..
On Jan 10, 9:33=A0am, Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com > wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 05:47:45 -0800 (PST), VJ <jayacha...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> >On Jan 10, 7:32=A0am, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
> >> Carey wrote:
>
> >> > gregor...@hotmail.com wrote:
> >> >> On Jan 10, 12:22?am, Hops <kev8...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >> >>> On Jan 9, 4:02 pm, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>
> >> >>>> Hops wrote:
> >> >>>>> On Jan 9, 11:41 am, Professor X <sueboka...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> >>>>>> moment a few half-decent kids come along federer shites himself=
.
> >> >>>>> Remind me again, who won the last slam? ?keep forgetting ....
> >> >>>> ...almost went out 4th rd. ?Had he done so his last slam win woul=
da been
> >> >>>> 2007 & now it's 2009.
> >> >>> not as close as Sampras at 96 US (match point). ?If he loses that,
> >> >>> it's a two year slam gap from 95-97.
> >> >> Sampras almost went out in the 2nd round of that 96 USO as well - J=
iri
> >> >> Novak 6-4 in the fifth.
>
> >> >> And he almost went out twice in his next one, the 1997 AO, to Hrbat=
y
> >> >> and Costa, two more five-setters.
>
> >> >> In fact, he almost went out in 9 of his 14 slam wins - food for
> >> >> thought?
>
> >> > Love the way the Lisper disappears when confronted
> >> > with the Facts. =A0It's ok- he'll pop up again soon...
>
> >> This has already been covered & explained to full satisfaction. =A0Had
> >> Sampras lost any of the slams he won he woulda won others to make up t=
he
> >> shortfall - his goal was the slam record at his pace so he knew when i=
t
> >> wasn't quite so important to win.- Hide quoted text -
>
> >> - Show quoted text -
>
> >You are truly one of the best trolls I have come across.
>
> But this argument is pretty amazing even from Whisper. Every time Fed
> goes to 5 sets, he almost loses, and that should be noticed in
> evaluating his career. Every time Sampras goes to 5 sets (happened a
> lot), it doesn't matter, because had he lost, he would have won some
> other slam instead!-

I sort of get where Whisper is coming from. Even those times when
Sampras was pushed to 5 sets at
Slams it still seemed like it would take a miracle for him to actually
lose. But then again the same can be said about other great champs
like Borg and Fed as well.


  
Date: 10 Jan 2009 11:02:58
From: Whisper
Subject: Re: I'm beggining to think whispy was right..
Hops wrote:
> On Jan 9, 11:41 am, Professor X <sueboka...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> moment a few half-decent kids come along federer shites himself.
>
>
> Remind me again, who won the last slam? keep forgetting ....
>



...almost went out 4th rd. Had he done so his last slam win woulda been
2007 & now it's 2009.

Food for thought.



  
Date: 09 Jan 2009 22:33:24
From: Iceberg
Subject: Re: I'm beggining to think whispy was right..
"Hops" <kev8128@yahoo.com > wrote in message
news:c40bdc77-45a2-4783-af3c-eceee27ff5ed@q30g2000prq.googlegroups.com...
> On Jan 9, 11:41 am, Professor X <sueboka...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> moment a few half-decent kids come along federer shites himself.
>
>
> Remind me again, who won the last slam? keep forgetting ....

paid off linesmen.




  
Date: 09 Jan 2009 23:14:03
From: TT
Subject: Re: I'm beggining to think whispy was right..
Hops wrote:
> On Jan 9, 11:41 am, Professor X <sueboka...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> moment a few half-decent kids come along federer shites himself.
>
>
> Remind me again, who won the last slam? keep forgetting ....
>

Rod Laver?

--
"Now I have so many dreams to chase - the French Open, an Olympic
singles gold medal in London in 2012, the Davis Cup for Switzerland"


 
Date: 09 Jan 2009 20:32:21
From: Stapler
Subject: Re: I'm beggining to think whispy was right..
"Professor X" <suebokaian@hotmail.com > wrote in message
news:48e92b6d-cbd9-40af-aa9a-48e95d5af91b@o40g2000prn.googlegroups.com...
> moment a few half-decent kids come along federer shites himself.


It took Murray 3 years to get to this level. He didn't just "come along".



  
Date: 09 Jan 2009 22:50:11
From: TT
Subject: Re: I'm beggining to think whispy was right..
Stapler wrote:
> "Professor X" <suebokaian@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:48e92b6d-cbd9-40af-aa9a-48e95d5af91b@o40g2000prn.googlegroups.com...
>> moment a few half-decent kids come along federer shites himself.
>
>
> It took Murray 3 years to get to this level. He didn't just "come along".

He beat Federer before too.

--
"Now I have so many dreams to chase - the French Open, an Olympic
singles gold medal in London in 2012, the Davis Cup for Switzerland"


 
Date: 09 Jan 2009 19:57:45
From: jdeluise
Subject: Re: I'm beggining to think whispy was right..

On 9-Jan-2009, Professor X <suebokaian@hotmail.com > wrote:

> moment a few half-decent kids come along federer shites himself.

Does he always say thank you after that?