tennis-forum.net
Promoting tennis discussion.

Main
Date: 10 Feb 2009 07:32:19
From: ghell666
Subject: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/10022009/58/wta-tour-jankovic-blasts-federer.html

Suppose she has point but a bit disrespectful - no ?




 
Date: 11 Feb 2009 01:22:38
From: RahimAsif
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..
On Feb 11, 3:18=A0am, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au > wrote:
> wkhedr wrote:
> > On Feb 10, 10:32 am, ghell666 <matt.tip...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/10022009/58/wta-tour-jankovic-blasts-fe..=
.
>
> >> Suppose she has point but a bit disrespectful - no ?
>
> > Federer's problem is that he can't shut up but what he said was
> > correct.
>
> The record speaks for itself & Fed doesn't need to state the obvious.
> Most would agree with him, but verbalizing it when you're in his
> position leaves you open to criticism.

Well said - but when you give as many interviews as he does and in as
many different languages, chances are that you will spend plenty of
time stating the obvious, either intentionally or inadvertently...


  
Date: 11 Feb 2009 22:31:25
From: Whisper
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..
RahimAsif wrote:
> On Feb 11, 3:18 am, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>> wkhedr wrote:
>>> On Feb 10, 10:32 am, ghell666 <matt.tip...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>> http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/10022009/58/wta-tour-jankovic-blasts-fe...
>>>> Suppose she has point but a bit disrespectful - no ?
>>> Federer's problem is that he can't shut up but what he said was
>>> correct.
>> The record speaks for itself & Fed doesn't need to state the obvious.
>> Most would agree with him, but verbalizing it when you're in his
>> position leaves you open to criticism.
>
> Well said - but when you give as many interviews as he does and in as
> many different languages, chances are that you will spend plenty of
> time stating the obvious, either intentionally or inadvertently...


Yes, & the journos are desperate for any kind of controversy to sell a
story.



 
Date: 11 Feb 2009 00:40:00
From: RahimAsif
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..
On Feb 11, 2:42=A0am, "*skriptis" <skrip...@post.t-com.hr > wrote:
> "RahimAsif" <RahimA...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:3a822d5e-5726-4954-9269-3cc9bcf0e495@a12g2000pro.googlegroups.com...
> On Feb 11, 2:28 am, "*skriptis" <skrip...@post.t-com.hr> wrote:
>
>
>
> > "RahimAsif" <RahimA...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> >news:588ade39-31bd-4341-b73c-5f8035c98277@v18g2000pro.googlegroups.com..=
.
> > On Feb 10, 9:50 pm, "*skriptis" <skrip...@post.t-com.hr> wrote:
>
> > > He said it last year, and he said this year, but on both occasions it
> > > was
> > > mostly because Djokovic beat him there last year and to an extent
> > > because
> > > they just don't like each other that much.
> > > You're somewhat delusional if you think he'd be saying things like th=
AT
> > > about Djokovic if he had a Blake-like slam record with him and Djokov=
ic
> > > being an ass-sucker like Blake.
> > >You are wrong on both counts - Federer was upset with Djokovic way
> > >back in 2006 when he thought that Djoker was faking an injury timeout
> > >during a Davis cup match and said so in the interview.
>
> > I agree that's where it all started, as I said, they don't like each
> > other.
> > Notice the key word you wrote ... Federer "thought" Djoker was faking.
> > Enough said.
>
> > >At that time,
> > >Djokovic had as many slam victories against Fed as Blake.
>
> > Yes, and Federer expected him to "go Blake"...he was offended with
> > Djokoving having a cocky, positive attitude.
>
> > >And the
> > >reason why Blake is so fond of Federer is not because Fed beats him
> > >all the time (except of course the Olympics last year), but because
> > >when he was out of the tour with a career threatening injury in 2005,
> > >the only player who took the trouble of sending him a get-well soon
> > >note was Federer.
>
> > Nah, it's pathetic.
> > When Rafa canceled that exo with Borg, Mac, and Fed in Novemeber 2008, =
Fed
> > took care of Blake and secured him the spot there.
> > When logical choice would have been Djokovic, slam+yec champion, #3 in =
the
> > world.
>
> > He likes Blake, and doesn't like Djokovic. And vice-versa.
> > That is clear.
> >I was pointing out why Blake likes Fed, which you conveniently ignored
> >because it puts Fed in good light. Didn't Blake beat Fed at the one
> >tournament he wanted to win maybe even more than the lowly AO - namely
> >the Olympics? So didn't Blake in your words, "go Djokovic on him" by
> >beating him at an important event. Why would Federer take care of him
> >then at the YEC? After all, that was after the Olympics.
>
> Federer was shaken at the time, Nadal took him Wimbledon and #1, even Bla=
ke
> probably doesn't know how he won that match.

Doesn't address the point, fact is Blake had beaten him at a
tournament he had cared to win I would argue more than 2008 AO. And
you are saying that Fed doesn't like Djoker because Djoker beat him at
the AO - so it doesn't sound logical to me that Federer would treat
Blake differently.


  
Date: 11 Feb 2009 09:49:52
From: *skriptis
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..

"RahimAsif" <RahimAsif@gmail.com > wrote in message
news:c3eca3be-e8c2-4302-ade1-31db16ac7ee9@g3g2000pre.googlegroups.com...
On Feb 11, 2:42 am, "*skriptis" <skrip...@post.t-com.hr > wrote:
> "RahimAsif" <RahimA...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:3a822d5e-5726-4954-9269-3cc9bcf0e495@a12g2000pro.googlegroups.com...
> On Feb 11, 2:28 am, "*skriptis" <skrip...@post.t-com.hr> wrote:
>
>
>
> > "RahimAsif" <RahimA...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> >news:588ade39-31bd-4341-b73c-5f8035c98277@v18g2000pro.googlegroups.com...
> > On Feb 10, 9:50 pm, "*skriptis" <skrip...@post.t-com.hr> wrote:
>
> > > He said it last year, and he said this year, but on both occasions it
> > > was
> > > mostly because Djokovic beat him there last year and to an extent
> > > because
> > > they just don't like each other that much.
> > > You're somewhat delusional if you think he'd be saying things like
> > > thAT
> > > about Djokovic if he had a Blake-like slam record with him and
> > > Djokovic
> > > being an ass-sucker like Blake.
> > >You are wrong on both counts - Federer was upset with Djokovic way
> > >back in 2006 when he thought that Djoker was faking an injury timeout
> > >during a Davis cup match and said so in the interview.
>
> > I agree that's where it all started, as I said, they don't like each
> > other.
> > Notice the key word you wrote ... Federer "thought" Djoker was faking.
> > Enough said.
>
> > >At that time,
> > >Djokovic had as many slam victories against Fed as Blake.
>
> > Yes, and Federer expected him to "go Blake"...he was offended with
> > Djokoving having a cocky, positive attitude.
>
> > >And the
> > >reason why Blake is so fond of Federer is not because Fed beats him
> > >all the time (except of course the Olympics last year), but because
> > >when he was out of the tour with a career threatening injury in 2005,
> > >the only player who took the trouble of sending him a get-well soon
> > >note was Federer.
>
> > Nah, it's pathetic.
> > When Rafa canceled that exo with Borg, Mac, and Fed in Novemeber 2008,
> > Fed
> > took care of Blake and secured him the spot there.
> > When logical choice would have been Djokovic, slam+yec champion, #3 in
> > the
> > world.
>
> > He likes Blake, and doesn't like Djokovic. And vice-versa.
> > That is clear.
> >I was pointing out why Blake likes Fed, which you conveniently ignored
> >because it puts Fed in good light. Didn't Blake beat Fed at the one
> >tournament he wanted to win maybe even more than the lowly AO - namely
> >the Olympics? So didn't Blake in your words, "go Djokovic on him" by
> >beating him at an important event. Why would Federer take care of him
> >then at the YEC? After all, that was after the Olympics.
>
> Federer was shaken at the time, Nadal took him Wimbledon and #1, even
> Blake
> probably doesn't know how he won that match.

>Doesn't address the point, fact is Blake had beaten him at a
>tournament he had cared to win I would argue more than 2008 AO. And
>you are saying that Fed doesn't like Djoker because Djoker beat him at
>the AO - so it doesn't sound logical to me that Federer would treat
>Blake differently.


No, he may resent him that, the same way he resents Rafa FO/Wim/AO, but it's
the Djokovic's attitude Fed can't stand.




 
Date: 11 Feb 2009 00:32:24
From: RahimAsif
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..
On Feb 11, 2:28=A0am, "*skriptis" <skrip...@post.t-com.hr > wrote:
> "RahimAsif" <RahimA...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:588ade39-31bd-4341-b73c-5f8035c98277@v18g2000pro.googlegroups.com...
> On Feb 10, 9:50 pm, "*skriptis" <skrip...@post.t-com.hr> wrote:
>
> > He said it last year, and he said this year, but on both occasions it w=
as
> > mostly because Djokovic beat him there last year and to an extent becau=
se
> > they just don't like each other that much.
> > You're somewhat delusional if you think he'd be saying things like thAT
> > about Djokovic if he had a Blake-like slam record with him and Djokovic
> > being an ass-sucker like Blake.
> >You are wrong on both counts - Federer was upset with Djokovic way
> >back in 2006 when he thought that Djoker was faking an injury timeout
> >during a Davis cup match and said so in the interview.
>
> I agree that's where it all started, as I said, they don't like each othe=
r.
> Notice the key word you wrote ... Federer "thought" Djoker was faking.
> Enough said.
>
> >At that time,
> >Djokovic had as many slam victories against Fed as Blake.
>
> =A0Yes, and Federer expected him to "go Blake"...he was offended with
> Djokoving having a cocky, positive attitude.
>
> >And the
> >reason why Blake is so fond of Federer is not because Fed beats him
> >all the time (except of course the Olympics last year), but because
> >when he was out of the tour with a career threatening injury in 2005,
> >the only player who took the trouble of sending him a get-well soon
> >note was Federer.
>
> Nah, it's pathetic.
> When Rafa canceled that exo with Borg, Mac, and Fed in Novemeber 2008, Fe=
d
> took care of Blake and secured him the spot there.
> When logical choice would have been Djokovic, slam+yec champion, #3 in th=
e
> world.
>
> He likes Blake, and doesn't like Djokovic. And vice-versa.
> That is clear.

I was pointing out why Blake likes Fed, which you conveniently ignored
because it puts Fed in good light. Didn't Blake beat Fed at the one
tournament he wanted to win maybe even more than the lowly AO - namely
the Olympics? So didn't Blake in your words, "go Djokovic on him" by
beating him at an important event. Why would Federer take care of him
then at the YEC? After all, that was after the Olympics.


  
Date: 11 Feb 2009 09:42:19
From: *skriptis
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..

"RahimAsif" <RahimAsif@gmail.com > wrote in message
news:3a822d5e-5726-4954-9269-3cc9bcf0e495@a12g2000pro.googlegroups.com...
On Feb 11, 2:28 am, "*skriptis" <skrip...@post.t-com.hr > wrote:
> "RahimAsif" <RahimA...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:588ade39-31bd-4341-b73c-5f8035c98277@v18g2000pro.googlegroups.com...
> On Feb 10, 9:50 pm, "*skriptis" <skrip...@post.t-com.hr> wrote:
>
> > He said it last year, and he said this year, but on both occasions it
> > was
> > mostly because Djokovic beat him there last year and to an extent
> > because
> > they just don't like each other that much.
> > You're somewhat delusional if you think he'd be saying things like thAT
> > about Djokovic if he had a Blake-like slam record with him and Djokovic
> > being an ass-sucker like Blake.
> >You are wrong on both counts - Federer was upset with Djokovic way
> >back in 2006 when he thought that Djoker was faking an injury timeout
> >during a Davis cup match and said so in the interview.
>
> I agree that's where it all started, as I said, they don't like each
> other.
> Notice the key word you wrote ... Federer "thought" Djoker was faking.
> Enough said.
>
> >At that time,
> >Djokovic had as many slam victories against Fed as Blake.
>
> Yes, and Federer expected him to "go Blake"...he was offended with
> Djokoving having a cocky, positive attitude.
>
> >And the
> >reason why Blake is so fond of Federer is not because Fed beats him
> >all the time (except of course the Olympics last year), but because
> >when he was out of the tour with a career threatening injury in 2005,
> >the only player who took the trouble of sending him a get-well soon
> >note was Federer.
>
> Nah, it's pathetic.
> When Rafa canceled that exo with Borg, Mac, and Fed in Novemeber 2008, Fed
> took care of Blake and secured him the spot there.
> When logical choice would have been Djokovic, slam+yec champion, #3 in the
> world.
>
> He likes Blake, and doesn't like Djokovic. And vice-versa.
> That is clear.

>I was pointing out why Blake likes Fed, which you conveniently ignored
>because it puts Fed in good light. Didn't Blake beat Fed at the one
>tournament he wanted to win maybe even more than the lowly AO - namely
>the Olympics? So didn't Blake in your words, "go Djokovic on him" by
>beating him at an important event. Why would Federer take care of him
>then at the YEC? After all, that was after the Olympics.


Federer was shaken at the time, Nadal took him Wimbledon and #1, even Blake
probably doesn't know how he won that match.




 
Date: 10 Feb 2009 23:50:38
From: RahimAsif
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..
On Feb 10, 9:50=A0pm, "*skriptis" <skrip...@post.t-com.hr > wrote:
> He said it last year, and he said this year, but on both occasions it was
> mostly because Djokovic beat him there last year and to an extent =A0beca=
use
> they just don't like each other that much.
> You're somewhat delusional if you think he'd be saying things like thAT
> about Djokovic if he had a Blake-like slam record with him and Djokovic
> being an ass-sucker like Blake.

You are wrong on both counts - Federer was upset with Djokovic way
back in 2006 when he thought that Djoker was faking an injury timeout
during a Davis cup match and said so in the interview. At that time,
Djokovic had as many slam victories against Fed as Blake. And the
reason why Blake is so fond of Federer is not because Fed beats him
all the time (except of course the Olympics last year), but because
when he was out of the tour with a career threatening injury in 2005,
the only player who took the trouble of sending him a get-well soon
note was Federer.





  
Date: 11 Feb 2009 09:28:02
From: *skriptis
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..

"RahimAsif" <RahimAsif@gmail.com > wrote in message
news:588ade39-31bd-4341-b73c-5f8035c98277@v18g2000pro.googlegroups.com...
On Feb 10, 9:50 pm, "*skriptis" <skrip...@post.t-com.hr > wrote:
> He said it last year, and he said this year, but on both occasions it was
> mostly because Djokovic beat him there last year and to an extent because
> they just don't like each other that much.
> You're somewhat delusional if you think he'd be saying things like thAT
> about Djokovic if he had a Blake-like slam record with him and Djokovic
> being an ass-sucker like Blake.

>You are wrong on both counts - Federer was upset with Djokovic way
>back in 2006 when he thought that Djoker was faking an injury timeout
>during a Davis cup match and said so in the interview.


I agree that's where it all started, as I said, they don't like each other.
Notice the key word you wrote ... Federer "thought" Djoker was faking.
Enough said.


>At that time,
>Djokovic had as many slam victories against Fed as Blake.

Yes, and Federer expected him to "go Blake"...he was offended with
Djokoving having a cocky, positive attitude.



>And the
>reason why Blake is so fond of Federer is not because Fed beats him
>all the time (except of course the Olympics last year), but because
>when he was out of the tour with a career threatening injury in 2005,
>the only player who took the trouble of sending him a get-well soon
>note was Federer.

Nah, it's pathetic.
When Rafa canceled that exo with Borg, Mac, and Fed in Novemeber 2008, Fed
took care of Blake and secured him the spot there.
When logical choice would have been Djokovic, slam+yec champion, #3 in the
world.

He likes Blake, and doesn't like Djokovic. And vice-versa.
That is clear.




 
Date: 10 Feb 2009 22:49:49
From: Fan
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..
On Feb 10, 4:45=A0pm, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com > wrote:
> On Feb 10, 10:32=A0am, ghell666 <matt.tip...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/10022009/58/wta-tour-jankovic-blasts-fe...
>
> > Suppose she has point but a bit disrespectful - no ?
>
> Federer's problem is that he can't shut up but what he said was
> correct.

Jankovic is right to be upset with Federer. It was stupid of Federer
to pick on Murrey and Jankovic when his real problem is Nadal :)


 
Date: 11 Feb 2009 04:41:52
From: John Doe
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..
ghell666 <matt.tippen@gmail.com > wrote:

> http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/10022009/58/wta-tour-jankovic-blasts-federer.html
>
> Suppose she has point but a bit disrespectful - no ?

Maybe Jelena Jankovic is just using the media to tease Roger Federer.


  
Date: 11 Feb 2009 11:19:36
From: Superdave
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..
On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 04:41:52 GMT, John Doe <jdoe@usenetlove.invalid >
wrote:

>ghell666 <matt.tippen@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/10022009/58/wta-tour-jankovic-blasts-federer.html
>>
>> Suppose she has point but a bit disrespectful - no ?
>
>Maybe Jelena Jankovic is just using the media to tease Roger Federer.


she's crushed because roger won't dump mirka and be with her <g >. with
women it's always some shit like that behind the story.


 
Date: 10 Feb 2009 18:58:32
From: wkhedr
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..
On Feb 10, 7:02=A0pm, ca1houn <vageta95...@yahoo.com > wrote:
> On Feb 10, 7:32=A0am, ghell666 <matt.tip...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/10022009/58/wta-tour-jankovic-blasts-fe...
>
> > Suppose she has point but a bit disrespectful - no ?
>
> like federer give a fuck about Jankovic, the bitch need to win
> somethind that matter. =A0Nadal a role model lol, Nadal can hardly speck
> so ever time he does a interview he seem to say the something follow
> by a =A0"NO"

She is just trying to piss Federer off by mentioning Nadal, since he
took over Federer's number one ranking and beat him in slams.


 
Date: 10 Feb 2009 16:02:21
From: ca1houn
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..
On Feb 10, 7:32=A0am, ghell666 <matt.tip...@gmail.com > wrote:
> http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/10022009/58/wta-tour-jankovic-blasts-fe...
>
> Suppose she has point but a bit disrespectful - no ?

like federer give a fuck about Jankovic, the bitch need to win
somethind that matter. Nadal a role model lol, Nadal can hardly speck
so ever time he does a interview he seem to say the something follow
by a "NO"


 
Date: 10 Feb 2009 08:29:31
From: GOAT
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..

>
> Federer needs to become more classy and needs to respect fellow
> sportswomen. They work hard and train hard. They also do it while
> having so many distractions from sponsors.

LOL @ "fellow sportswomen". But then again, I guess Fed is a bitch!



 
Date: 10 Feb 2009 08:26:11
From:
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..
On Feb 10, 9:45=A0am, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com > wrote:
> On Feb 10, 10:32=A0am, ghell666 <matt.tip...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/10022009/58/wta-tour-jankovic-blasts-fe...
>
> > Suppose she has point but a bit disrespectful - no ?
>
> Federer's problem is that he can't shut up but what he said was
> correct.

Lendl was full of praises for Steffi when she did the Grand Slam in
1988 (while the rest of the world was making lame excuses like shw
beat old washed up champions, Chris Evert defaulted against her in
semis, Sabatini wasnt having good year).

Federer needs to become more classy and needs to respect fellow
sportswomen. They work hard and train hard. They also do it while
having so many distractions from sponsors.


 
Date: 10 Feb 2009 08:10:41
From: ghell666
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..
On 10 Feb, 15:56, Petter Solbu <pettermann1...@hotmail.com > wrote:
> wkhedr wrote:
> > On Feb 10, 10:32 am, ghell666 <matt.tip...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/10022009/58/wta-tour-jankovic-blasts-fe...
>
> >> Suppose she has point but a bit disrespectful - no ?
>
> > Federer's problem is that he can't shut up but what he said was
> > correct.
>
> I agree with Federer (being number 1 without winning a slam indicates a
> bad ranking system), but it is debatable whether saying that in public
> is a good strategy. Regarding his remark about Djokovic I think it was
> appropriate. Robredo has said something quite similar about Djokovic, I
> think.
>
> PS.

Tennis needs more shit shooters If you ask me ,all hes doing is
reflecting the greater conciouness of the tennis community .

Its dimished the importance of the slams completely , even if she
doesnt win a slam , it should be compulsary that she at least wint he
season ending finale and at least 2 masters and semi or better.


  
Date: 11 Feb 2009 21:26:08
From: Whisper
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..
ghell666 wrote:
> On 10 Feb, 15:56, Petter Solbu <pettermann1...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> wkhedr wrote:
>>> On Feb 10, 10:32 am, ghell666 <matt.tip...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>> http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/10022009/58/wta-tour-jankovic-blasts-fe...
>>>> Suppose she has point but a bit disrespectful - no ?
>>> Federer's problem is that he can't shut up but what he said was
>>> correct.
>> I agree with Federer (being number 1 without winning a slam indicates a
>> bad ranking system), but it is debatable whether saying that in public
>> is a good strategy. Regarding his remark about Djokovic I think it was
>> appropriate. Robredo has said something quite similar about Djokovic, I
>> think.
>>
>> PS.
>
> Tennis needs more shit shooters If you ask me ,all hes doing is
> reflecting the greater conciouness of the tennis community .
>
> Its dimished the importance of the slams completely , even if she
> doesnt win a slam , it should be compulsary that she at least wint he
> season ending finale and at least 2 masters and semi or better.


Jankovic is in a position to make unique history in either men's or
women's tennis - the only yr-end No.1 player to never win a slam in her
career.


 
Date: 10 Feb 2009 08:04:02
From: ghell666
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..
On 10 Feb, 15:54, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com > wrote:
> On Feb 10, 10:37=A0am, Javier Gonzalez <ja.gon....@gmmmmail.com> wrote:
>
> > ghell666 <matt.tip...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/10022009/58/wta-tour-jankovic-blasts-fe.=
..
>
> > > Suppose she has point but a bit disrespectful - no ?
>
> > Kind of whiny.
>
> > She says:
> > "If he retired, he probably had his reasons, he knows better. You canno=
t
> > attack someone when you don't have proof, when you don't have a piece o=
f
> > evidence."
> > but... fun fact: Number of Federer's retirements from matches in his ca=
reer =3D
> > number of Jankovic slam wins to this date. (IIRC)
>
> It seems Federer didn't see this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D4gJIEsN=
-1XI

Rosebud as Orson Welles used to say..

Next time she should spin the ol underwear a couple of times and throw
into the ground , I'm sure with some good ol titty bar music it would
go down well.


 
Date: 10 Feb 2009 07:54:54
From: GOAT
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..
On Feb 10, 3:32=A0pm, ghell666 <matt.tip...@gmail.com > wrote:
> http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/10022009/58/wta-tour-jankovic-blasts-fe...
>
> Suppose she has point but a bit disrespectful - no ?

she is joining the growing band of converts who respect Rafa the great
far more than Fed the fraud.

Vamos!


 
Date: 10 Feb 2009 07:54:42
From: wkhedr
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..
On Feb 10, 10:37=A0am, Javier Gonzalez <ja.gon....@gmmmmail.com > wrote:
> ghell666 <matt.tip...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/10022009/58/wta-tour-jankovic-blasts-fe...
>
> > Suppose she has point but a bit disrespectful - no ?
>
> Kind of whiny.
>
> She says:
> "If he retired, he probably had his reasons, he knows better. You cannot
> attack someone when you don't have proof, when you don't have a piece of
> evidence."
> but... fun fact: Number of Federer's retirements from matches in his care=
er =3D
> number of Jankovic slam wins to this date. (IIRC)

It seems Federer didn't see this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D4gJIEsN-=
1XI


 
Date: 10 Feb 2009 07:54:16
From: Sao Paulo Swallow
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..
On Feb 10, 7:37=A0am, Javier Gonzalez <ja.gon....@gmmmmail.com > wrote:
> ghell666 <matt.tip...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/10022009/58/wta-tour-jankovic-blasts-fe...
>
> > Suppose she has point but a bit disrespectful - no ?
>
> Kind of whiny.
>
> She says:
> "If he retired, he probably had his reasons, he knows better. You cannot
> attack someone when you don't have proof, when you don't have a piece of
> evidence."
> but... fun fact: Number of Federer's retirements from matches in his care=
er =3D
> number of Jankovic slam wins to this date. (IIRC)

Very whiny. Sounds like Federer hit a nerve. Everyone talks about how
the rankings are screwed up and as far as I know, Federer was
commenting on that and not Jankovic.


 
Date: 10 Feb 2009 12:37:09
From: Javier Gonzalez
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..
ghell666 <matt.tippen@gmail.com > wrote:
> http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/10022009/58/wta-tour-jankovic-blasts-federer.html
>
> Suppose she has point but a bit disrespectful - no ?

Kind of whiny.

She says:
"If he retired, he probably had his reasons, he knows better. You cannot
attack someone when you don't have proof, when you don't have a piece of
evidence."
but... fun fact: Number of Federer's retirements from matches in his career =
number of Jankovic slam wins to this date. (IIRC)


 
Date: 10 Feb 2009 16:48:36
From: Joubert
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..
She doesn't even have a point. Childish (but predictable) reaction and
clearly does not think before talking. What is a "role model"? Someone who
only says nice things about people even if they are distant from what he
actually believes? How can she be so certain of what behaviour should be
imitated? Is she a philosopher? On the other hand I didn't expect her to say
"yeah I should have won a GS before becoming n. 1 but it's not easy I'm not
really as good as my ranking" or something like that.



  
Date: 11 Feb 2009 20:20:33
From: Whisper
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..
Joubert wrote:
> She doesn't even have a point. Childish (but predictable) reaction and
> clearly does not think before talking. What is a "role model"? Someone
> who only says nice things about people even if they are distant from
> what he actually believes? How can she be so certain of what behaviour
> should be imitated? Is she a philosopher? On the other hand I didn't
> expect her to say "yeah I should have won a GS before becoming n. 1 but
> it's not easy I'm not really as good as my ranking" or something like that.


Bottom line it's ok for Fed to say what he did, but because he said it
it's also ok for him to be criticized.





  
Date: 11 Feb 2009 04:50:15
From: John Doe
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..
"Joubert" <theawesomo8585@yahoo.com > wrote:

> She doesn't even have a point. Childish (but predictable) reaction
> and clearly does not think before talking.

No doubt the reporter chided Jelena Jankovic with what Roger Federer
said. Maybe she realizes her opinion about Roger's opinion is trivia,
and she took the opportunity just to tease Roger. I cannot imagine why
such a comment would matter to anyone else besides Roger. Jelena feeds
on attention. If she is savvy enough to use the media like that, you
can expect to be taken for a ride by many more comments from her
interviews.


 
Date: 10 Feb 2009 07:45:06
From: wkhedr
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..
On Feb 10, 10:32=A0am, ghell666 <matt.tip...@gmail.com > wrote:
> http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/10022009/58/wta-tour-jankovic-blasts-fe...
>
> Suppose she has point but a bit disrespectful - no ?

Federer's problem is that he can't shut up but what he said was
correct.


  
Date: 11 Feb 2009 20:18:08
From: Whisper
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..
wkhedr wrote:
> On Feb 10, 10:32 am, ghell666 <matt.tip...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/10022009/58/wta-tour-jankovic-blasts-fe...
>>
>> Suppose she has point but a bit disrespectful - no ?
>
> Federer's problem is that he can't shut up but what he said was
> correct.


The record speaks for itself & Fed doesn't need to state the obvious.
Most would agree with him, but verbalizing it when you're in his
position leaves you open to criticism.



  
Date: 10 Feb 2009 16:56:22
From: Petter Solbu
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..
wkhedr wrote:
> On Feb 10, 10:32 am, ghell666 <matt.tip...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/10022009/58/wta-tour-jankovic-blasts-fe...
>>
>> Suppose she has point but a bit disrespectful - no ?
>
> Federer's problem is that he can't shut up but what he said was
> correct.

I agree with Federer (being number 1 without winning a slam indicates a
bad ranking system), but it is debatable whether saying that in public
is a good strategy. Regarding his remark about Djokovic I think it was
appropriate. Robredo has said something quite similar about Djokovic, I
think.

PS.


   
Date: 11 Feb 2009 02:55:05
From: *skriptis
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..

"Petter Solbu" <pettermann1984@hotmail.com > wrote in message
news:M9KdneB5rKokPgzURVnzvQA@telenor.com...
> wkhedr wrote:
>> On Feb 10, 10:32 am, ghell666 <matt.tip...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/10022009/58/wta-tour-jankovic-blasts-fe...
>>>
>>> Suppose she has point but a bit disrespectful - no ?
>>
>> Federer's problem is that he can't shut up but what he said was
>> correct.
>
> I agree with Federer (being number 1 without winning a slam indicates a
> bad ranking system), but it is debatable whether saying that in public is
> a good strategy. Regarding his remark about Djokovic I think it was
> appropriate. Robredo has said something quite similar about Djokovic, I
> think.


I think the oposite, saying #1 should have a grand slam title under his belt
is purely a ranking issue, nothing personal, and he was right to say it.

otoh, I don't know why he has to mention Djokovic's retirement, they didn't
even play at AO.
He is a sore loser still pissed off for last year's SF.




    
Date: 11 Feb 2009 02:53:11
From: jdeluise
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..

On 10-Feb-2009, "*skriptis" <skriptis@post.t-com.hr > wrote:

> otoh, I don't know why he has to mention Djokovic's retirement, they
> didn't
> even play at AO.
> He is a sore loser still pissed off for last year's SF.

This kind of comment only proves you are a Fed hater. You didn't even
research anything about what was said before you came to this conclusion.
Nice trolling attempt though... better luck next time.


     
Date: 11 Feb 2009 04:05:30
From: *skriptis
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..

"jdeluise" <jdeluise@gmail.com > wrote in message
news:x4rkl.20986$Sj1.15482@newsfe09.iad...
>
> On 10-Feb-2009, "*skriptis" <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> wrote:
>
>> otoh, I don't know why he has to mention Djokovic's retirement, they
>> didn't
>> even play at AO.
>> He is a sore loser still pissed off for last year's SF.
>
> This kind of comment only proves you are a Fed hater. You didn't even
> research anything about what was said before you came to this conclusion.
> Nice trolling attempt though... better luck next time.


yeah, two weak-old interview..top news.




      
Date: 11 Feb 2009 03:10:41
From: jdeluise
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..

On 10-Feb-2009, "*skriptis" <skriptis@post.t-com.hr > wrote:

> "jdeluise" <jdeluise@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:x4rkl.20986$Sj1.15482@newsfe09.iad...
> >
> > On 10-Feb-2009, "*skriptis" <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> wrote:
> >
> >> otoh, I don't know why he has to mention Djokovic's retirement, they
> >> didn't
> >> even play at AO.
> >> He is a sore loser still pissed off for last year's SF.
> >
> > This kind of comment only proves you are a Fed hater. You didn't even
> > research anything about what was said before you came to this
> > conclusion.
> > Nice trolling attempt though... better luck next time.
>
>
> yeah, two weak-old interview..top news.

Apparently enough for you to try to smear Federer again. You should be
aware that over time this kind of thing diminishes any claims to analytical
integrity you might have.


       
Date: 11 Feb 2009 04:26:26
From: *skriptis
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..

"jdeluise" <jdeluise@gmail.com > wrote in message
news:Xkrkl.20989$Sj1.14736@newsfe09.iad...
>
> On 10-Feb-2009, "*skriptis" <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> wrote:
>
>> "jdeluise" <jdeluise@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:x4rkl.20986$Sj1.15482@newsfe09.iad...
>> >
>> > On 10-Feb-2009, "*skriptis" <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> wrote:
>> >
>> >> otoh, I don't know why he has to mention Djokovic's retirement, they
>> >> didn't
>> >> even play at AO.
>> >> He is a sore loser still pissed off for last year's SF.
>> >
>> > This kind of comment only proves you are a Fed hater. You didn't even
>> > research anything about what was said before you came to this
>> > conclusion.
>> > Nice trolling attempt though... better luck next time.
>>
>>
>> yeah, two weak-old interview..top news.
>
> Apparently enough for you to try to smear Federer again. You should be
> aware that over time this kind of thing diminishes any claims to
> analytical
> integrity you might have.


nonsense. I said nothing hateful, merely stated the well-known fact.

Or how do you comment his interview after AO final "not always the better
player wins when it goes to fifth set"?

And he was full of similar remarks last year.






        
Date: 11 Feb 2009 03:27:48
From: jdeluise
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..

On 10-Feb-2009, "*skriptis" <skriptis@post.t-com.hr > wrote:

> "jdeluise" <jdeluise@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:Xkrkl.20989$Sj1.14736@newsfe09.iad...
> >
> > On 10-Feb-2009, "*skriptis" <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> wrote:
> >
> >> "jdeluise" <jdeluise@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> news:x4rkl.20986$Sj1.15482@newsfe09.iad...
> >> >
> >> > On 10-Feb-2009, "*skriptis" <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> wrote:
> >> >
> >> >> otoh, I don't know why he has to mention Djokovic's retirement, they
> >> >> didn't
> >> >> even play at AO.
> >> >> He is a sore loser still pissed off for last year's SF.
> >> >
> >> > This kind of comment only proves you are a Fed hater. You didn't
> >> > even
> >> > research anything about what was said before you came to this
> >> > conclusion.
> >> > Nice trolling attempt though... better luck next time.
> >>
> >>
> >> yeah, two weak-old interview..top news.
> >
> > Apparently enough for you to try to smear Federer again. You should be
> > aware that over time this kind of thing diminishes any claims to
> > analytical
> > integrity you might have.
>
>
> nonsense. I said nothing hateful, merely stated the well-known fact.

No, *you* said he is a sore loser pissed off about last year's SF loss
*because* of what he said about Djokovic's retirement this year. If you
meant something else it is your own fault for not having communicated it
properly.

>
> Or how do you comment his interview after AO final "not always the better
> player wins when it goes to fifth set"?
>
> And he was full of similar remarks last year.

I don't always like his remarks either, but we weren't talking about those
were we?


         
Date: 11 Feb 2009 19:04:16
From: john
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..

"jdeluise" <jdeluise@gmail.com > wrote in message
news:%Arkl.20991$Sj1.18465@newsfe09.iad...
>
> On 10-Feb-2009, "*skriptis" <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> wrote:
>
>> "jdeluise" <jdeluise@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:Xkrkl.20989$Sj1.14736@newsfe09.iad...
>> >
>> > On 10-Feb-2009, "*skriptis" <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> wrote:
>> >
>> >> "jdeluise" <jdeluise@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:x4rkl.20986$Sj1.15482@newsfe09.iad...
>> >> >
>> >> > On 10-Feb-2009, "*skriptis" <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> wrote:
>> >> >
>> >> >> otoh, I don't know why he has to mention Djokovic's retirement,
>> >> >> they
>> >> >> didn't
>> >> >> even play at AO.
>> >> >> He is a sore loser still pissed off for last year's SF.
>> >> >
>> >> > This kind of comment only proves you are a Fed hater. You didn't
>> >> > even
>> >> > research anything about what was said before you came to this
>> >> > conclusion.
>> >> > Nice trolling attempt though... better luck next time.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> yeah, two weak-old interview..top news.
>> >
>> > Apparently enough for you to try to smear Federer again. You should be
>> > aware that over time this kind of thing diminishes any claims to
>> > analytical
>> > integrity you might have.
>>
>>
>> nonsense. I said nothing hateful, merely stated the well-known fact.
>
> No, *you* said he is a sore loser pissed off about last year's SF loss
> *because* of what he said about Djokovic's retirement this year. If you
> meant something else it is your own fault for not having communicated it
> properly.
>
>>
>> Or how do you comment his interview after AO final "not always the better
>> player wins when it goes to fifth set"?
>>
>> And he was full of similar remarks last year.
>
> I don't always like his remarks either, but we weren't talking about those
> were we?

Jdeluise, you know you are wasting time with a troll.




          
Date: 11 Feb 2009 18:59:50
From: jdeluise
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..

On 10-Feb-2009, "john" <jliang@ozemail.com.au > wrote:

> Jdeluise, you know you are wasting time with a troll.

But of course. What else do I do here?


         
Date: 11 Feb 2009 04:50:57
From: *skriptis
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..

"jdeluise" <jdeluise@gmail.com > wrote in message
news:%Arkl.20991$Sj1.18465@newsfe09.iad...
>
> On 10-Feb-2009, "*skriptis" <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> wrote:
>
>> "jdeluise" <jdeluise@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:Xkrkl.20989$Sj1.14736@newsfe09.iad...
>> >
>> > On 10-Feb-2009, "*skriptis" <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> wrote:
>> >
>> >> "jdeluise" <jdeluise@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:x4rkl.20986$Sj1.15482@newsfe09.iad...
>> >> >
>> >> > On 10-Feb-2009, "*skriptis" <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> wrote:
>> >> >
>> >> >> otoh, I don't know why he has to mention Djokovic's retirement,
>> >> >> they
>> >> >> didn't
>> >> >> even play at AO.
>> >> >> He is a sore loser still pissed off for last year's SF.
>> >> >
>> >> > This kind of comment only proves you are a Fed hater. You didn't
>> >> > even
>> >> > research anything about what was said before you came to this
>> >> > conclusion.
>> >> > Nice trolling attempt though... better luck next time.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> yeah, two weak-old interview..top news.
>> >
>> > Apparently enough for you to try to smear Federer again. You should be
>> > aware that over time this kind of thing diminishes any claims to
>> > analytical
>> > integrity you might have.
>>
>>
>> nonsense. I said nothing hateful, merely stated the well-known fact.
>
> No, *you* said he is a sore loser pissed off about last year's SF loss
> *because* of what he said about Djokovic's retirement this year. If you
> meant something else it is your own fault for not having communicated it
> properly.

He said it last year, and he said this year, but on both occasions it was
mostly because Djokovic beat him there last year and to an extent because
they just don't like each other that much.
You're somewhat delusional if you think he'd be saying things like thAT
about Djokovic if he had a Blake-like slam record with him and Djokovic
being an ass-sucker like Blake.




>> Or how do you comment his interview after AO final "not always the better
>> player wins when it goes to fifth set"?
>>
>> And he was full of similar remarks last year.
>
> I don't always like his remarks either, but we weren't talking about those
> were we?


1. slams/rankings - isn't involved in that + he was right.
2. he is kinda involved, he did comment on retirements in general, but it
was obivious he was refering to Djokovic, why would else Jankovic comment on
that mentioning Novak. Should we all pretened we "don't get it"?





    
Date: 11 Feb 2009 02:59:24
From: Petter Solbu
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..
*skriptis wrote:
> I think the oposite, saying #1 should have a grand slam title under his belt
> is purely a ranking issue, nothing personal, and he was right to say it.
>
> otoh, I don't know why he has to mention Djokovic's retirement, they didn't
> even play at AO.
> He is a sore loser still pissed off for last year's SF.

Well, someone asked him about his opinion about the retirement. His
answer had to be "no comment" or his honest opinion.

PS.


     
Date: 11 Feb 2009 03:14:19
From: *skriptis
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..

"Petter Solbu" <pettermann1984@hotmail.com > wrote in message
news:fuadnZGq0PSMrA_URVnzvQA@telenor.com...
> *skriptis wrote:
>> I think the oposite, saying #1 should have a grand slam title under his
>> belt is purely a ranking issue, nothing personal, and he was right to say
>> it.
>>
>> otoh, I don't know why he has to mention Djokovic's retirement, they
>> didn't even play at AO.
>> He is a sore loser still pissed off for last year's SF.
>
> Well, someone asked him about his opinion about the retirement. His answer
> had to be "no comment" or his honest opinion.


ok, but commenting about djokovic's retirements is more bitchy than
commenting on rankings.




     
Date: 11 Feb 2009 02:05:25
From: jdeluise
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..

On 10-Feb-2009, Petter Solbu <pettermann1984@hotmail.com > wrote:

> *skriptis wrote:
> > I think the oposite, saying #1 should have a grand slam title under his
> > belt
> > is purely a ranking issue, nothing personal, and he was right to say it.
> >
> > otoh, I don't know why he has to mention Djokovic's retirement, they
> > didn't
> > even play at AO.
> > He is a sore loser still pissed off for last year's SF.
>
> Well, someone asked him about his opinion about the retirement. His
> answer had to be "no comment" or his honest opinion.
>
> PS.

Look, that quote was taken out of context. Don't let *skriptis pull the
wool over your eyes. Federer was not specifically referring to Djokovic
with that comment.


      
Date: 11 Feb 2009 03:24:17
From: *skriptis
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..

"jdeluise" <jdeluise@gmail.com > wrote in message
news:Knqkl.20979$Sj1.18713@newsfe09.iad...
>
> On 10-Feb-2009, Petter Solbu <pettermann1984@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> *skriptis wrote:
>> > I think the oposite, saying #1 should have a grand slam title under his
>> > belt
>> > is purely a ranking issue, nothing personal, and he was right to say
>> > it.
>> >
>> > otoh, I don't know why he has to mention Djokovic's retirement, they
>> > didn't
>> > even play at AO.
>> > He is a sore loser still pissed off for last year's SF.
>>
>> Well, someone asked him about his opinion about the retirement. His
>> answer had to be "no comment" or his honest opinion.
>>
>> PS.
>
> Look, that quote was taken out of context. Don't let *skriptis pull the
> wool over your eyes. Federer was not specifically referring to Djokovic
> with that comment.


I am commenting what is available, you never know what was taken out of the
context.




       
Date: 11 Feb 2009 02:30:05
From: jdeluise
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..

On 10-Feb-2009, "*skriptis" <skriptis@post.t-com.hr > wrote:

> "jdeluise" <jdeluise@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:Knqkl.20979$Sj1.18713@newsfe09.iad...
> >
> > On 10-Feb-2009, Petter Solbu <pettermann1984@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> *skriptis wrote:
> >> > I think the oposite, saying #1 should have a grand slam title under
> >> > his
> >> > belt
> >> > is purely a ranking issue, nothing personal, and he was right to say
> >> > it.
> >> >
> >> > otoh, I don't know why he has to mention Djokovic's retirement, they
> >> > didn't
> >> > even play at AO.
> >> > He is a sore loser still pissed off for last year's SF.
> >>
> >> Well, someone asked him about his opinion about the retirement. His
> >> answer had to be "no comment" or his honest opinion.
> >>
> >> PS.
> >
> > Look, that quote was taken out of context. Don't let *skriptis pull the
> > wool over your eyes. Federer was not specifically referring to Djokovic
> > with that comment.
>
>
> I am commenting what is available, you never know what was taken out of
> the
> context.

Here is the full interview:
http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/interviews/2009-01-27/200901271232977497765.html

Here is the section that they were talking about (note no reference to
Djokovic in this question):

Q. You're not a man that normally calls for trainers. Do you have a view on
the habit of players to call trainers and possibly stop matches in the flow
of the matches currently and whether that's right or wrong?

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I mean, it's a fine line, isn't it? We'll never find
the perfect scenario for that. What shall I say? I never usually call the
trainer. Exactly.

When I came out on the tour and I was young, and I -- back then the rule was
different. You couldn't -- what was it, a toilet break any time you wanted
except obviously between the two games you were on the court. So you could
basically take it at 6-5 in the third set. So that's changed. Now you can
only take them on set breaks, which I think really works out well now.

But then with the trainer, I guess it's a tough thing. I really felt when I
was coming up the young players abused it, especially against a player like
me. A little bit unsecure [sic] about finishing matches, you lose a set
easy, and then you go to the toilet and call the trainer and strap your
ankle.

Next thing you know, you're twenty minutes extra out on the court. Things go
through your mind. Then once I got out on center court, you know, I guess I
got the respect I deserved. People stop doing it against you. I think that's
nice, in a way.

Probably on the outside courts it's still being abused at times. It's there
to be used, so why not use it to give yourself a better chance to win? You
don't fly to Australia to not give it your best shot.

I'm almost in favor to just say, you know what, if you're not fit enough,
just get out of here.

But if something really bad happens, okay, it is just unfortunate, I guess.
It's a tough call. I mean, I don't know. I guess we'll speak about it and
see what happens.


        
Date: 11 Feb 2009 03:39:51
From: *skriptis
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..

"jdeluise" <jdeluise@gmail.com > wrote in message
news:TKqkl.20982$Sj1.11258@newsfe09.iad...
>
> On 10-Feb-2009, "*skriptis" <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> wrote:
>
>> "jdeluise" <jdeluise@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:Knqkl.20979$Sj1.18713@newsfe09.iad...
>> >
>> > On 10-Feb-2009, Petter Solbu <pettermann1984@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> >> *skriptis wrote:
>> >> > I think the oposite, saying #1 should have a grand slam title under
>> >> > his
>> >> > belt
>> >> > is purely a ranking issue, nothing personal, and he was right to say
>> >> > it.
>> >> >
>> >> > otoh, I don't know why he has to mention Djokovic's retirement, they
>> >> > didn't
>> >> > even play at AO.
>> >> > He is a sore loser still pissed off for last year's SF.
>> >>
>> >> Well, someone asked him about his opinion about the retirement. His
>> >> answer had to be "no comment" or his honest opinion.
>> >>
>> >> PS.
>> >
>> > Look, that quote was taken out of context. Don't let *skriptis pull
>> > the
>> > wool over your eyes. Federer was not specifically referring to
>> > Djokovic
>> > with that comment.
>>
>>
>> I am commenting what is available, you never know what was taken out of
>> the
>> context.
>
> Here is the full interview:
> http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/interviews/2009-01-27/200901271232977497765.html
>

That is old, I've read that one..I usually follow more closely during the
slams..




         
Date: 11 Feb 2009 02:40:03
From: jdeluise
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..

On 10-Feb-2009, "*skriptis" <skriptis@post.t-com.hr > wrote:

> "jdeluise" <jdeluise@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:TKqkl.20982$Sj1.11258@newsfe09.iad...
> >
> > On 10-Feb-2009, "*skriptis" <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> wrote:
> >
> >> "jdeluise" <jdeluise@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> news:Knqkl.20979$Sj1.18713@newsfe09.iad...
> >> >
> >> > On 10-Feb-2009, Petter Solbu <pettermann1984@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> >
> >> >> *skriptis wrote:
> >> >> > I think the oposite, saying #1 should have a grand slam title
> >> >> >under
> >> >> > his
> >> >> > belt
> >> >> > is purely a ranking issue, nothing personal, and he was right to
> >> >> >say
> >> >> > it.
> >> >> >
> >> >> > otoh, I don't know why he has to mention Djokovic's retirement,
> >> >> >they
> >> >> > didn't
> >> >> > even play at AO.
> >> >> > He is a sore loser still pissed off for last year's SF.
> >> >>
> >> >> Well, someone asked him about his opinion about the retirement. His
> >> >> answer had to be "no comment" or his honest opinion.
> >> >>
> >> >> PS.
> >> >
> >> > Look, that quote was taken out of context. Don't let *skriptis pull
> >> > the
> >> > wool over your eyes. Federer was not specifically referring to
> >> > Djokovic
> >> > with that comment.
> >>
> >>
> >> I am commenting what is available, you never know what was taken out of
> >> the
> >> context.
> >
> > Here is the full interview:
> > http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/interviews/2009-01-27/200901271232977497765.html
> >
>
> That is old, I've read that one..I usually follow more closely during the
> slams..

What are you talking about? The comment that Jankovic had a problem with
was taken straight from this interview, and was in the part of my post that
you cut out.


       
Date: 11 Feb 2009 02:24:27
From: jdeluise
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..

On 10-Feb-2009, "*skriptis" <skriptis@post.t-com.hr > wrote:

> "jdeluise" <jdeluise@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:Knqkl.20979$Sj1.18713@newsfe09.iad...
> >
> > On 10-Feb-2009, Petter Solbu <pettermann1984@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> *skriptis wrote:
> >> > I think the oposite, saying #1 should have a grand slam title under
> >> > his
> >> > belt
> >> > is purely a ranking issue, nothing personal, and he was right to say
> >> > it.
> >> >
> >> > otoh, I don't know why he has to mention Djokovic's retirement, they
> >> > didn't
> >> > even play at AO.
> >> > He is a sore loser still pissed off for last year's SF.
> >>
> >> Well, someone asked him about his opinion about the retirement. His
> >> answer had to be "no comment" or his honest opinion.
> >>
> >> PS.
> >
> > Look, that quote was taken out of context. Don't let *skriptis pull the
> > wool over your eyes. Federer was not specifically referring to Djokovic
> > with that comment.
>
>
> I am commenting what is available, you never know what was taken out of
> the
> context.

I know that it was taken out of context because I read the full interview
with Federer when he made the comment. Did you?.


        
Date: 11 Feb 2009 03:35:12
From: *skriptis
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..

"jdeluise" <jdeluise@gmail.com > wrote in message
news:AFqkl.20981$Sj1.12185@newsfe09.iad...
>
> On 10-Feb-2009, "*skriptis" <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> wrote:
>
>> "jdeluise" <jdeluise@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:Knqkl.20979$Sj1.18713@newsfe09.iad...
>> >
>> > On 10-Feb-2009, Petter Solbu <pettermann1984@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> >> *skriptis wrote:
>> >> > I think the oposite, saying #1 should have a grand slam title under
>> >> > his
>> >> > belt
>> >> > is purely a ranking issue, nothing personal, and he was right to say
>> >> > it.
>> >> >
>> >> > otoh, I don't know why he has to mention Djokovic's retirement, they
>> >> > didn't
>> >> > even play at AO.
>> >> > He is a sore loser still pissed off for last year's SF.
>> >>
>> >> Well, someone asked him about his opinion about the retirement. His
>> >> answer had to be "no comment" or his honest opinion.
>> >>
>> >> PS.
>> >
>> > Look, that quote was taken out of context. Don't let *skriptis pull
>> > the
>> > wool over your eyes. Federer was not specifically referring to
>> > Djokovic
>> > with that comment.
>>
>>
>> I am commenting what is available, you never know what was taken out of
>> the
>> context.
>
> I know that it was taken out of context because I read the full interview
> with Federer when he made the comment. Did you?.


No, his interviews bore me.




         
Date: 11 Feb 2009 02:32:35
From: jdeluise
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..

On 10-Feb-2009, "*skriptis" <skriptis@post.t-com.hr > wrote:

> "jdeluise" <jdeluise@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:AFqkl.20981$Sj1.12185@newsfe09.iad...
> >
> > On 10-Feb-2009, "*skriptis" <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> wrote:
> >
> >> "jdeluise" <jdeluise@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> news:Knqkl.20979$Sj1.18713@newsfe09.iad...
> >> >
> >> > On 10-Feb-2009, Petter Solbu <pettermann1984@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> >
> >> >> *skriptis wrote:
> >> >> > I think the oposite, saying #1 should have a grand slam title
> >> >> >under
> >> >> > his
> >> >> > belt
> >> >> > is purely a ranking issue, nothing personal, and he was right to
> >> >> >say
> >> >> > it.
> >> >> >
> >> >> > otoh, I don't know why he has to mention Djokovic's retirement,
> >> >> >they
> >> >> > didn't
> >> >> > even play at AO.
> >> >> > He is a sore loser still pissed off for last year's SF.
> >> >>
> >> >> Well, someone asked him about his opinion about the retirement. His
> >> >> answer had to be "no comment" or his honest opinion.
> >> >>
> >> >> PS.
> >> >
> >> > Look, that quote was taken out of context. Don't let *skriptis pull
> >> > the
> >> > wool over your eyes. Federer was not specifically referring to
> >> > Djokovic
> >> > with that comment.
> >>
> >>
> >> I am commenting what is available, you never know what was taken out of
> >> the
> >> context.
> >
> > I know that it was taken out of context because I read the full
> > interview
> > with Federer when he made the comment. Did you?.
>
>
> No, his interviews bore me.

LOL! Why are you commenting on an interview that you never read?


          
Date: 11 Feb 2009 03:42:34
From: *skriptis
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..

"jdeluise" <jdeluise@gmail.com > wrote in message
news:eNqkl.20983$Sj1.1122@newsfe09.iad...
>
> On 10-Feb-2009, "*skriptis" <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> wrote:
>
>> "jdeluise" <jdeluise@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:AFqkl.20981$Sj1.12185@newsfe09.iad...
>> >
>> > On 10-Feb-2009, "*skriptis" <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> wrote:
>> >
>> >> "jdeluise" <jdeluise@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:Knqkl.20979$Sj1.18713@newsfe09.iad...
>> >> >
>> >> > On 10-Feb-2009, Petter Solbu <pettermann1984@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> >> >
>> >> >> *skriptis wrote:
>> >> >> > I think the oposite, saying #1 should have a grand slam title
>> >> >> >under
>> >> >> > his
>> >> >> > belt
>> >> >> > is purely a ranking issue, nothing personal, and he was right to
>> >> >> >say
>> >> >> > it.
>> >> >> >
>> >> >> > otoh, I don't know why he has to mention Djokovic's retirement,
>> >> >> >they
>> >> >> > didn't
>> >> >> > even play at AO.
>> >> >> > He is a sore loser still pissed off for last year's SF.
>> >> >>
>> >> >> Well, someone asked him about his opinion about the retirement. His
>> >> >> answer had to be "no comment" or his honest opinion.
>> >> >>
>> >> >> PS.
>> >> >
>> >> > Look, that quote was taken out of context. Don't let *skriptis pull
>> >> > the
>> >> > wool over your eyes. Federer was not specifically referring to
>> >> > Djokovic
>> >> > with that comment.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> I am commenting what is available, you never know what was taken out
>> >> of
>> >> the
>> >> context.
>> >
>> > I know that it was taken out of context because I read the full
>> > interview
>> > with Federer when he made the comment. Did you?.
>>
>>
>> No, his interviews bore me.
>
> LOL! Why are you commenting on an interview that you never read?

The thread was about Jankovic's interview..someone posted the lines she said
and I commented on them.




   
Date: 10 Feb 2009 17:03:21
From: Petter Solbu
Subject: Re: Jankovic disses Fed , says Nadal is a role model ..
Petter Solbu wrote:
> wkhedr wrote:
>> On Feb 10, 10:32 am, ghell666 <matt.tip...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/10022009/58/wta-tour-jankovic-blasts-fe...
>>>
>>> Suppose she has point but a bit disrespectful - no ?
>>
>> Federer's problem is that he can't shut up but what he said was
>> correct.
>
> I agree with Federer (being number 1 without winning a slam indicates a
> bad ranking system), but it is debatable whether saying that in public
> is a good strategy. Regarding his remark about Djokovic I think it was
> appropriate. Robredo has said something quite similar about Djokovic, I
> think.
>
> PS.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/04092008/58/open-robredo-djokovic-feigned-injury.html

PS.