tennis-forum.net
Promoting tennis discussion.

Main
Date: 17 Jan 2009 21:10:05
From: Whisper
Subject: Just watching Nalbandian v Niemenen in Sydney final....


Abominable quality tennis.

Absolute & utter crud.





 
Date: 17 Jan 2009 05:51:33
From: Carey
Subject: Re: Just watching Nalbandian v Niemenen in Sydney final....


Whisper wrote:
> Carey wrote:
> >
> > Whisper wrote:
> >> Abominable quality tennis.
> >>
> >> Absolute & utter crud.
> >
> > When will you be rejoining the Tour to show us how
> > it's properly done, Lisper?
>
>
> Funny you should say that. One of the guys in my club said he watched
> the women's final with Safina/Demented yesterday & he thought it was
> rubbish & couldn't see why the fans were applauding crap play. He said
> If I played the fans would really have something to applaud. No he
> wasn't kidding, but I had to explain to him tennis on tv is different to
> real life pro tennis & we would look kinda slow next to the pro game if
> we taped our matches. He wouldn't hear it & said the tennis I & another
> guy produce is a lot more entertaining to watch than the pros.
>
> By the way I won my singles ladder game today 61 60, an improvement on
> last week's 60 62. I should now move up to top 15 position? This is my
> 1st attempt in this comp & the guy who's ranked no.2 I beat 61 63
> socially last week, so I like my chances of taking it out.

Congratulations! Come to California and take over the 40s and
45s! :)




 
Date: 17 Jan 2009 03:35:12
From: Carey
Subject: Re: Just watching Nalbandian v Niemenen in Sydney final....


Carey wrote:
> Whisper wrote:
> > Abominable quality tennis.
> >
> > Absolute & utter crud.
>
> When will you be rejoining the Tour to show us how
> it's properly done, Lisper?

If you had ever played competitive tennis, Lisper,
you would know that sometimes one must play *bad tennis* in order to
win. But you haven't, so you wou wouldn't know.


  
Date: 17 Jan 2009 13:51:31
From: Sakari Lund
Subject: Re: Just watching Nalbandian v Niemenen in Sydney final....
On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 03:35:12 -0800 (PST), Carey <carey_1959@yahoo.com >
wrote:

>
>
>Carey wrote:
>> Whisper wrote:
>> > Abominable quality tennis.
>> >
>> > Absolute & utter crud.
>>
>> When will you be rejoining the Tour to show us how
>> it's properly done, Lisper?
>
>If you had ever played competitive tennis, Lisper,
>you would know that sometimes one must play *bad tennis* in order to
>win. But you haven't, so you wou wouldn't know.

Except Nalby didn't play badly.


   
Date: 17 Jan 2009 23:03:11
From: Whisper
Subject: Re: Just watching Nalbandian v Niemenen in Sydney final....
Sakari Lund wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 03:35:12 -0800 (PST), Carey <carey_1959@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>>
>> Carey wrote:
>>> Whisper wrote:
>>>> Abominable quality tennis.
>>>>
>>>> Absolute & utter crud.
>>> When will you be rejoining the Tour to show us how
>>> it's properly done, Lisper?
>> If you had ever played competitive tennis, Lisper,
>> you would know that sometimes one must play *bad tennis* in order to
>> win. But you haven't, so you wou wouldn't know.
>
> Except Nalby didn't play badly.


He didn't play badly 'for him', it's just the style of tennis I find
infuriating to watch.



  
Date: 17 Jan 2009 22:40:54
From: Whisper
Subject: Re: Just watching Nalbandian v Niemenen in Sydney final....
Carey wrote:
>
> Carey wrote:
>> Whisper wrote:
>>> Abominable quality tennis.
>>>
>>> Absolute & utter crud.
>> When will you be rejoining the Tour to show us how
>> it's properly done, Lisper?
>
> If you had ever played competitive tennis, Lisper,
> you would know that sometimes one must play *bad tennis* in order to
> win. But you haven't, so you wou wouldn't know.


Very funny. I've played competitive tennis for 25 years & have a dozens
of trophies. Yes I know all about playing bad & grinding out wins - no
player is ever truly happy with their form - it's like the golfers who
shoot low scores but always remember the missed putts & score coulda
been better etc.



 
Date: 17 Jan 2009 03:21:27
From: Carey
Subject: Re: Just watching Nalbandian v Niemenen in Sydney final....


Whisper wrote:
> Abominable quality tennis.
>
> Absolute & utter crud.

When will you be rejoining the Tour to show us how
it's properly done, Lisper?


  
Date: 17 Jan 2009 22:38:02
From: Whisper
Subject: Re: Just watching Nalbandian v Niemenen in Sydney final....
Carey wrote:
>
> Whisper wrote:
>> Abominable quality tennis.
>>
>> Absolute & utter crud.
>
> When will you be rejoining the Tour to show us how
> it's properly done, Lisper?


Funny you should say that. One of the guys in my club said he watched
the women's final with Safina/Demented yesterday & he thought it was
rubbish & couldn't see why the fans were applauding crap play. He said
If I played the fans would really have something to applaud. No he
wasn't kidding, but I had to explain to him tennis on tv is different to
real life pro tennis & we would look kinda slow next to the pro game if
we taped our matches. He wouldn't hear it & said the tennis I & another
guy produce is a lot more entertaining to watch than the pros.

By the way I won my singles ladder game today 61 60, an improvement on
last week's 60 62. I should now move up to top 15 position? This is my
1st attempt in this comp & the guy who's ranked no.2 I beat 61 63
socially last week, so I like my chances of taking it out.