tennis-forum.net
Promoting tennis discussion.

Main
Date: 01 Feb 2009 20:27:57
From: TT
Subject: Nadal-Federer rivalry
This is the statistical breakdown of their matches:

* Hard courts: Even 3-3
* Clay courts: Nadal 9-1
* Grass courts: Federer 2-1
* Grand Slam Finals: Nadal 5-2
* Grand Slam Matches (all): Nadal 6-2
* All Tennis Masters Series events: Nadal 5-4
* Tennis Masters Cup: Federer 2-0
* All Finals: Nadal 11-4
* All Matches: Nadal 13-6



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federer-Nadal_rivalry#Analysis




 
Date: 01 Feb 2009 14:31:00
From: Joe Ramirez
Subject: Re: Nadal-Federer rivalry
On Feb 1, 1:27=A0pm, TT <g...@Olympics.org > wrote:
> This is the statistical breakdown of their matches:
>
> =A0 =A0 =A0* Hard courts: Even 3-3
> =A0 =A0 =A0* Clay courts: Nadal 9-1
> =A0 =A0 =A0* Grass courts: Federer 2-1
> =A0 =A0 =A0* Grand Slam Finals: Nadal 5-2
> =A0 =A0 =A0* Grand Slam Matches (all): Nadal 6-2
> =A0 =A0 =A0* All Tennis Masters Series events: Nadal 5-4
> =A0 =A0 =A0* Tennis Masters Cup: Federer 2-0
> =A0 =A0 =A0* All Finals: Nadal 11-4
> =A0 =A0 =A0* All Matches: Nadal 13-6
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federer-Nadal_rivalry#Analysis

As far as I can tell, the only other players to lose five slam finals
to the same opponent were Fred Stolle, who lost five finals to Roy
Emerson (all during the amateur era), and Bill Johnston, who lost five
U.S. finals to Bill Tilden. Agassi lost four finals to Sampras. Lendl
lost three to Becker; Borg lost three to McEnroe. Emerson also lost
three to Laver. Any other five-time losers? I haven't looked back to
the dawn of time.

Joe Ramirez


 
Date: 01 Feb 2009 20:41:01
From: TT
Subject: Re: Nadal-Federer rivalry
TT wrote:
> This is the statistical breakdown of their matches:
>
> * Hard courts: Even 3-3
> * Clay courts: Nadal 9-1
> * Grass courts: Federer 2-1
> * Grand Slam Finals: Nadal 5-2
> * Grand Slam Matches (all): Nadal 6-2
> * All Tennis Masters Series events: Nadal 5-4
> * Tennis Masters Cup: Federer 2-0
> * All Finals: Nadal 11-4
> * All Matches: Nadal 13-6
>

Do you think "all Tennis Masters Series events: Nadal 5-4" is wrong?

...It counts 2 Masters Cups for Federer while Masters Cup titles are
never listed as an TMS titles...
...So maybe "all" should be taken away and score changed to 5-2?

What do you think?

--
"Now I have so many dreams to chase - the French Open, an Olympic
singles gold medal in London in 2012, the Davis Cup for Switzerland"


  
Date: 01 Feb 2009 23:52:18
From: Sakari Lund
Subject: Re: Nadal-Federer rivalry
On Sun, 01 Feb 2009 20:41:01 +0200, TT <gold@Olympics.org > wrote:

>TT wrote:
>> This is the statistical breakdown of their matches:
>>
>> * Hard courts: Even 3-3
>> * Clay courts: Nadal 9-1
>> * Grass courts: Federer 2-1
>> * Grand Slam Finals: Nadal 5-2
>> * Grand Slam Matches (all): Nadal 6-2
>> * All Tennis Masters Series events: Nadal 5-4
>> * Tennis Masters Cup: Federer 2-0
>> * All Finals: Nadal 11-4
>> * All Matches: Nadal 13-6
>>
>
>Do you think "all Tennis Masters Series events: Nadal 5-4" is wrong?
>
>...It counts 2 Masters Cups for Federer while Masters Cup titles are
>never listed as an TMS titles...
>...So maybe "all" should be taken away and score changed to 5-2?
>
>What do you think?

Yes, would be more logical.

HC and grass very close, clay clearly Nadal. That's how it is.



 
Date: 01 Feb 2009 10:31:03
From: RahimAsif
Subject: Re: Nadal-Federer rivalry
On Feb 1, 12:27=A0pm, TT <g...@Olympics.org > wrote:
> This is the statistical breakdown of their matches:
>
> =A0 =A0 =A0* Hard courts: Even 3-3
> =A0 =A0 =A0* Clay courts: Nadal 9-1
> =A0 =A0 =A0* Grass courts: Federer 2-1
> =A0 =A0 =A0* Grand Slam Finals: Nadal 5-2
> =A0 =A0 =A0* Grand Slam Matches (all): Nadal 6-2
> =A0 =A0 =A0* All Tennis Masters Series events: Nadal 5-4
> =A0 =A0 =A0* Tennis Masters Cup: Federer 2-0
> =A0 =A0 =A0* All Finals: Nadal 11-4
> =A0 =A0 =A0* All Matches: Nadal 13-6
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federer-Nadal_rivalry#Analysis

Federer should adopt the Roddick approach - "I have to win a few more
matches to call it a rivalry"...