tennis-forum.net
Promoting tennis discussion.

Main
Date: 30 Jan 2009 20:31:17
From: RahimAsif
Subject: Nadal being defensive again
In his last two matches, Nadal has been playing extremely defensively
- not going for his shots, hardly generating any power and waiting for
the opponent to make mistakes. Sharp contrast to the matches earlier
in the tournament. Don't know if this is intentional, or he has
suddenly lost confidence in his offensive game...




 
Date: 01 Feb 2009 14:43:52
From:
Subject: Re: Nadal being defensive again
On Jan 31, 11:37=A0am, jasoncatlin1...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Jan 30, 11:31=A0pm, RahimAsif <RahimA...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > In his last two matches, Nadal has been playing extremely defensively
> > - not going for his shots, hardly generating any power and waiting for
> > the opponent to make mistakes. Sharp contrast to the matches earlier
> > in the tournament. Don't know if this is intentional, or he has
> > suddenly lost confidence in his offensive game...
>
> Fed will be the aggressor, just like's he was in the last Wimby final.
>
> If Fed serves well and cracks his forehand well, the match is on his
> strings not Rafa's.

Well, he was hitting his forehand pretty well ...


 
Date: 31 Jan 2009 03:37:23
From:
Subject: Re: Nadal being defensive again
On Jan 30, 11:31=A0pm, RahimAsif <RahimA...@gmail.com > wrote:
> In his last two matches, Nadal has been playing extremely defensively
> - not going for his shots, hardly generating any power and waiting for
> the opponent to make mistakes. Sharp contrast to the matches earlier
> in the tournament. Don't know if this is intentional, or he has
> suddenly lost confidence in his offensive game...

Fed will be the aggressor, just like's he was in the last Wimby final.

If Fed serves well and cracks his forehand well, the match is on his
strings not Rafa's.


 
Date: 31 Jan 2009 21:52:54
From: Whisper
Subject: Re: Nadal being defensive again
RahimAsif wrote:
> In his last two matches, Nadal has been playing extremely defensively
> - not going for his shots, hardly generating any power and waiting for
> the opponent to make mistakes. Sharp contrast to the matches earlier
> in the tournament. Don't know if this is intentional, or he has
> suddenly lost confidence in his offensive game...


He was nervous as he was hot fave to win those matches. You'll see the
old Fed-Slayer Rafa tomorrow pumping while Fed crumbles with a barrage
of shanks & netted shots.



  
Date: 01 Feb 2009 22:40:23
From: Jesper Lauridsen
Subject: Re: Nadal being defensive again
On 2009-01-31, Whisper <beaver999@ozemail.com.au > wrote:
>
> He was nervous as he was hot fave to win those matches. You'll see the
> old Fed-Slayer Rafa tomorrow pumping while Fed crumbles with a barrage
> of shanks & netted shots.

But Nadal is fave against Federer on all surfaces, so shouldn't he be
nervous?



  
Date: 31 Jan 2009 14:32:24
From: Sakari Lund
Subject: Re: Nadal being defensive again
On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 21:52:54 +1100, Whisper <beaver999@ozemail.com.au >
wrote:

>RahimAsif wrote:
>> In his last two matches, Nadal has been playing extremely defensively
>> - not going for his shots, hardly generating any power and waiting for
>> the opponent to make mistakes. Sharp contrast to the matches earlier
>> in the tournament. Don't know if this is intentional, or he has
>> suddenly lost confidence in his offensive game...
>
>
>He was nervous as he was hot fave to win those matches.

And he wasn't hot fave to win his previous matches?


 
Date: 30 Jan 2009 20:38:05
From: Lax
Subject: Re: Nadal being defensive again
On Jan 30, 11:31=A0pm, RahimAsif <RahimA...@gmail.com > wrote:
> In his last two matches, Nadal has been playing extremely defensively
> - not going for his shots, hardly generating any power and waiting for
> the opponent to make mistakes. Sharp contrast to the matches earlier
> in the tournament. Don't know if this is intentional, or he has
> suddenly lost confidence in his offensive game...

I think he might have switched off the "flatter" game against Simon
because Simon would get to those flat shots with ease and deflect them
back with pace. And with Verdasco, he was just being overpowered.