tennis-forum.net
Promoting tennis discussion.

Main
Date: 31 Jan 2009 04:23:21
From: X L
Subject: Nadal is 5 years younger then Federer

The tv commentators are blowing this long match way out of proportion.
ok so he had one tough long match. Nadal is young. he has a day to rest.
that should be plenty to be ok for the final. its stupid of the
commentators to say things like Federer will now probably win because
Nadal is spent. he was probably going to win any way on this hard court.
its too bad a tired excuse will now be used again and again if Federer
beats Nadal easily. ruins the glory for Federer. and for the Federer
fans.





 
Date: 31 Jan 2009 14:06:23
From:
Subject: Re: Nadal is 5 years younger then Federer
On Jan 31, 4:24=A0pm, kaennorsing <ljubit...@hotmail.com > wrote:
> On 31 jan, 12:42, jasoncatlin1...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Also there's the chance he could pull up with some minor injury due to
> > pushing his body to the max. Imo, he had something in the 5th set of
> > that 07 Wimby final, just enough to affect his movement 5 percent and
> > voila, Fed wins a set 6-2.
>
> There was nothing wrong with him in that final. He knows Federer likes
> the rhythm in the match so he took an injury time out at the start of
> the fifth. After that time-out he was still running like the wind and
> actually got a couple break points early in the set, so don't be
> fooled by his acting skills.
>
> What really happened was, Federer=B4s game finally started clicking and
> he blew Rafa off the court.

I disagree. I'm pretty sure I could see Rafa's movement affected ever
so slightly. Just enough to
where a couple balls that he would normally get back with interest he
either missed or didn't get a racquet
on. Of course, Rafa's so opposed to making excuses he would never say
anything.


 
Date: 31 Jan 2009 13:24:38
From: kaennorsing
Subject: Re: Nadal is 5 years younger then Federer
On 31 jan, 12:42, jasoncatlin1...@gmail.com wrote:

> Also there's the chance he could pull up with some minor injury due to
> pushing his body to the max. Imo, he had something in the 5th set of
> that 07 Wimby final, just enough to affect his movement 5 percent and
> voila, Fed wins a set 6-2.

There was nothing wrong with him in that final. He knows Federer likes
the rhythm in the match so he took an injury time out at the start of
the fifth. After that time-out he was still running like the wind and
actually got a couple break points early in the set, so don't be
fooled by his acting skills.

What really happened was, Federer=B4s game finally started clicking and
he blew Rafa off the court.


  
Date: 01 Feb 2009 20:29:06
From: Whisper
Subject: Re: Nadal is 5 years younger then Federer
kaennorsing wrote:
> On 31 jan, 12:42, jasoncatlin1...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Also there's the chance he could pull up with some minor injury due to
>> pushing his body to the max. Imo, he had something in the 5th set of
>> that 07 Wimby final, just enough to affect his movement 5 percent and
>> voila, Fed wins a set 6-2.
>
> There was nothing wrong with him in that final. He knows Federer likes
> the rhythm in the match so he took an injury time out at the start of
> the fifth. After that time-out he was still running like the wind and
> actually got a couple break points early in the set, so don't be
> fooled by his acting skills.
>
> What really happened was, Federerīs game finally started clicking and
> he blew Rafa off the court.


What really happened is Fed got lucky in the t/b's - if Rafa won them he
would won in straights 76 64 76.

Also 2008 final Rafa led Roger 64 64 43 & had breakpoints to win in
straights.



  
Date: 31 Jan 2009 23:32:59
From: TT
Subject: Re: Nadal is 5 years younger then Federer
kaennorsing wrote:
> On 31 jan, 12:42, jasoncatlin1...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Also there's the chance he could pull up with some minor injury due to
>> pushing his body to the max. Imo, he had something in the 5th set of
>> that 07 Wimby final, just enough to affect his movement 5 percent and
>> voila, Fed wins a set 6-2.
>
> There was nothing wrong with him in that final. He knows Federer likes
> the rhythm in the match so he took an injury time out at the start of
> the fifth. After that time-out he was still running like the wind and
> actually got a couple break points early in the set, so don't be
> fooled by his acting skills.
>
> What really happened was, Federerīs game finally started clicking and
> he blew Rafa off the court.

You fucking idiot. Nadal had absolutely no reason to fake an injury at
that point...Injury timeout just gave Federer time to recollect himself.

--
"Now I have so many dreams to chase - the French Open, an Olympic
singles gold medal in London in 2012, the Davis Cup for Switzerland"


   
Date: 31 Jan 2009 22:56:56
From: *skriptis
Subject: Re: Nadal is 5 years younger then Federer

"TT" <gold@Olympics.org > wrote in message
news:ds3hl.126891$_03.90787@reader1.news.saunalahti.fi...
> kaennorsing wrote:
>> On 31 jan, 12:42, jasoncatlin1...@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>>> Also there's the chance he could pull up with some minor injury due to
>>> pushing his body to the max. Imo, he had something in the 5th set of
>>> that 07 Wimby final, just enough to affect his movement 5 percent and
>>> voila, Fed wins a set 6-2.
>>
>> There was nothing wrong with him in that final. He knows Federer likes
>> the rhythm in the match so he took an injury time out at the start of
>> the fifth. After that time-out he was still running like the wind and
>> actually got a couple break points early in the set, so don't be
>> fooled by his acting skills.
>>
>> What really happened was, Federerīs game finally started clicking and
>> he blew Rafa off the court.
>
> You fucking idiot. Nadal had absolutely no reason to fake an injury at
> that point...Injury timeout just gave Federer time to recollect himself.


Look, 2008 was even more sweet because of that. :)


But honestly, it would be "unfair" had either of those won both 07-08
finals. They "deserved" one each.

In 2006 Federer was still to good. And that's it.




    
Date: 01 Feb 2009 00:14:18
From: TT
Subject: Re: Nadal is 5 years younger then Federer
*skriptis wrote:
> "TT" <gold@Olympics.org> wrote in message
> news:ds3hl.126891$_03.90787@reader1.news.saunalahti.fi...
>> kaennorsing wrote:
>>> On 31 jan, 12:42, jasoncatlin1...@gmail.com wrote:
>>>
>>>> Also there's the chance he could pull up with some minor injury due to
>>>> pushing his body to the max. Imo, he had something in the 5th set of
>>>> that 07 Wimby final, just enough to affect his movement 5 percent and
>>>> voila, Fed wins a set 6-2.
>>> There was nothing wrong with him in that final. He knows Federer likes
>>> the rhythm in the match so he took an injury time out at the start of
>>> the fifth. After that time-out he was still running like the wind and
>>> actually got a couple break points early in the set, so don't be
>>> fooled by his acting skills.
>>>
>>> What really happened was, Federerīs game finally started clicking and
>>> he blew Rafa off the court.
>> You fucking idiot. Nadal had absolutely no reason to fake an injury at
>> that point...Injury timeout just gave Federer time to recollect himself.
>
>
> Look, 2008 was even more sweet because of that. :)
>
>
> But honestly, it would be "unfair" had either of those won both 07-08
> finals. They "deserved" one each.
>
> In 2006 Federer was still to good. And that's it.
>

I think 2007 Wimby was "unfair"...or actually unlucky would be the
correct word with all those rain breaks for Nadal and holiday for Roger.

Then again it could be argued it was unfair, since they could've played
that Sunday.


--
"Now I have so many dreams to chase - the French Open, an Olympic
singles gold medal in London in 2012, the Davis Cup for Switzerland"


 
Date: 31 Jan 2009 12:45:48
From: Hops
Subject: Re: Nadal is 5 years younger then Federer
On Jan 31, 4:18 am, "Stapler" <d...@d.com > wrote:
> Of course if he has some injury during the match, and retires(god forbid)
> that is not the way I want Roger to win #14. It has to be fair and square.
> In fact they should push the final back to Monday to ensure Nadal is 100%.


sure, why not. In fact let's have a week off before every match, so
everyone is completely rested. God forbid these tournaments should
test the fitness of the athletes.




 
Date: 31 Jan 2009 12:36:47
From: Sao Paulo Swallow
Subject: Re: Nadal is 5 years younger then Federer
On Jan 31, 12:34=A0pm, TT <g...@Olympics.org > wrote:
> X L wrote:
> > The tv commentators are blowing this long match way out of proportion.
> > ok so he had one tough long match. Nadal is young. he has a day to rest=
.
> > that should be plenty to be ok for the final. its stupid of the
> > commentators to say things like Federer will now probably win because
> > Nadal is spent. he was probably going to win any way on this hard court=
.
> > its too bad a tired excuse will now be used again and again if Federer
> > beats Nadal easily. ruins the glory for Federer. and for the Federer
> > fans.
>
> That's only fair because Federer is a CHEAT!
>

You sound just like Hazelwood.


  
Date: 31 Jan 2009 22:55:10
From: TT
Subject: Re: Nadal is 5 years younger then Federer
Sao Paulo Swallow wrote:
> On Jan 31, 12:34 pm, TT <g...@Olympics.org> wrote:
>> X L wrote:
>>> The tv commentators are blowing this long match way out of proportion.
>>> ok so he had one tough long match. Nadal is young. he has a day to rest.
>>> that should be plenty to be ok for the final. its stupid of the
>>> commentators to say things like Federer will now probably win because
>>> Nadal is spent. he was probably going to win any way on this hard court.
>>> its too bad a tired excuse will now be used again and again if Federer
>>> beats Nadal easily. ruins the glory for Federer. and for the Federer
>>> fans.
>> That's only fair because Federer is a CHEAT!
>>
>
> You sound just like Hazelwood.

Really? Can't imagine Dave ever saying something like that...

--
"Now I have so many dreams to chase - the French Open, an Olympic
singles gold medal in London in 2012, the Davis Cup for Switzerland"


 
Date: 31 Jan 2009 22:34:24
From: TT
Subject: Re: Nadal is 5 years younger then Federer
X L wrote:
> The tv commentators are blowing this long match way out of proportion.
> ok so he had one tough long match. Nadal is young. he has a day to rest.
> that should be plenty to be ok for the final. its stupid of the
> commentators to say things like Federer will now probably win because
> Nadal is spent. he was probably going to win any way on this hard court.
> its too bad a tired excuse will now be used again and again if Federer
> beats Nadal easily. ruins the glory for Federer. and for the Federer
> fans.
>

That's only fair because Federer is a CHEAT!

--
"Now I have so many dreams to chase - the French Open, an Olympic
singles gold medal in London in 2012, the Davis Cup for Switzerland"


 
Date: 31 Jan 2009 03:42:36
From:
Subject: Re: Nadal is 5 years younger then Federer
On Jan 31, 4:23=A0am, Xzan...@webtv.net (X L) wrote:
> The tv commentators are blowing this long match way out of proportion.
> ok so he had one tough long match. Nadal is young. he has a day to rest.
> that should be plenty to be ok for the final. its stupid of the
> commentators to say things like Federer will now probably win because
> Nadal is spent. he was probably going to win any way on this hard court.
> its too bad a tired excuse will now be used again and again if Federer
> beats Nadal easily. ruins the glory for Federer. and for the Federer
> fans.

An equally fit Rafa had trouble recovering from a shorter match v.
Murray 2 years ago.

It's not a question of whether he's going to be running around,
competing like a maniac. Of course he will.

But there's a fine line between having the legs to do that for four
hours effectively, and just being a slight bit heavy
and unable to get that one more ball back in the court.

If it's the latter you have to really like Fed's chances.

Also there's the chance he could pull up with some minor injury due to
pushing his body to the max. Imo, he had something in the 5th set of
that 07 Wimby final, just enough to affect his movement 5 percent and
voila, Fed wins a set 6-2.


  
Date: 31 Jan 2009 12:18:03
From: Stapler
Subject: Re: Nadal is 5 years younger then Federer
Of course if he has some injury during the match, and retires(god forbid)
that is not the way I want Roger to win #14. It has to be fair and square.
In fact they should push the final back to Monday to ensure Nadal is 100%.



 
Date: 31 Jan 2009 10:02:50
From: Hg
Subject: Re: Nadal is 5 years younger then Federer

Nadal usually plays singles AND doubles during most of the smaller tourneys
and that's usually every day. So, I don't think a single 5 hour match is
going to affect him much, especially with a day off in between.

If anything, I'm hoping the last match will make him match tough and ready
for war. Rafa has(had?) problems with starting slow in a match so if the
last one can help him start fast I see it as a bonus.


--
,/ \,
((___,---"""""---,___))
`-----)~ ~(-----`
'( \ / )'


  
Date: 31 Jan 2009 11:08:49
From: *skriptis
Subject: Re: Nadal is 5 years younger then Federer

"Hg" <hg@hg2.hg > wrote in message
news:elVgl.28097$Sp5.27770@text.news.virginmedia.com...
>
> Nadal usually plays singles AND doubles during most of the smaller
> tourneys
> and that's usually every day. So, I don't think a single 5 hour match is
> going to affect him much, especially with a day off in between.
>
> If anything, I'm hoping the last match will make him match tough and ready
> for war. Rafa has(had?) problems with starting slow in a match so if the
> last one can help him start fast I see it as a bonus.


Well there are bonuses and minuses, just I think he'd preffer a 4-hour tough
match instead of 5-hour one. :)




 
Date: 31 Jan 2009 01:51:56
From: Lax
Subject: Re: Nadal is 5 years younger then Federer
On Jan 31, 4:43=A0am, akamai <akamai.nak...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On Jan 31, 3:36 am, Lax <Lax.Cla...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Jan 31, 4:23 am, Xzan...@webtv.net (X L) wrote:
>
> > > The tv commentators are blowing this long match way out of proportion=
.
> > > ok so he had one tough long match. Nadal is young. he has a day to re=
st.
> > > that should be plenty to be ok for the final. its stupid of the
> > > commentators to say things like Federer will now probably win because
> > > Nadal is spent. he was probably going to win any way on this hard cou=
rt.
> > > its too bad a tired excuse will now be used again and again if Federe=
r
> > > beats Nadal easily. ruins the glory for Federer. and for the Federer
> > > fans.
>
> > The thing is, Nadal has a history of not recovering well after HC
> > matches.
>
> Who asked Nadal to play for 5hrs anyway? If he is that great, he
> should have made the match shorter & spent 3+ hrs just like Fed
> against Berdych. Fed just should not think about these things. People
> will talk what they want now and over time, they would realize they
> have been fools!

True, but I'm just saying why the commentators think it will affect
Nadal.


  
Date: 31 Jan 2009 05:14:09
From: X L
Subject: Re: Nadal is 5 years younger then Federer

Then again if its a close match then we will hear comments like just
think what the score would be if Nadal didn't have that long match.
so no matter which way this match goes their will be a silly excuse in
favor of Nadal to discredit Feds win one way or another. really takes
the fun out of the outcome



 
Date: 31 Jan 2009 01:43:13
From: akamai
Subject: Re: Nadal is 5 years younger then Federer
On Jan 31, 3:36 am, Lax <Lax.Cla...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On Jan 31, 4:23 am, Xzan...@webtv.net (X L) wrote:
>
> > The tv commentators are blowing this long match way out of proportion.
> > ok so he had one tough long match. Nadal is young. he has a day to rest.
> > that should be plenty to be ok for the final. its stupid of the
> > commentators to say things like Federer will now probably win because
> > Nadal is spent. he was probably going to win any way on this hard court.
> > its too bad a tired excuse will now be used again and again if Federer
> > beats Nadal easily. ruins the glory for Federer. and for the Federer
> > fans.
>
> The thing is, Nadal has a history of not recovering well after HC
> matches.

Who asked Nadal to play for 5hrs anyway? If he is that great, he
should have made the match shorter & spent 3+ hrs just like Fed
against Berdych. Fed just should not think about these things. People
will talk what they want now and over time, they would realize they
have been fools!


 
Date: 31 Jan 2009 01:36:57
From: Lax
Subject: Re: Nadal is 5 years younger then Federer
On Jan 31, 4:23=A0am, Xzan...@webtv.net (X L) wrote:
> The tv commentators are blowing this long match way out of proportion.
> ok so he had one tough long match. Nadal is young. he has a day to rest.
> that should be plenty to be ok for the final. its stupid of the
> commentators to say things like Federer will now probably win because
> Nadal is spent. he was probably going to win any way on this hard court.
> its too bad a tired excuse will now be used again and again if Federer
> beats Nadal easily. ruins the glory for Federer. and for the Federer
> fans.

The thing is, Nadal has a history of not recovering well after HC
matches.


 
Date: 31 Jan 2009 09:35:39
From: Stapler
Subject: Re: Nadal is 5 years younger then Federer
"X L" <Xzanado@webtv.net > wrote in message
news:1686-49841889-690@storefull-3111.bay.webtv.net...
>
> The tv commentators are blowing this long match way out of proportion.
> ok so he had one tough long match. Nadal is young. he has a day to rest.
> that should be plenty to be ok for the final. its stupid of the
> commentators to say things like Federer will now probably win because
> Nadal is spent. he was probably going to win any way on this hard court.
> its too bad a tired excuse will now be used again and again if Federer
> beats Nadal easily. ruins the glory for Federer. and for the Federer
> fans.
>


Exactly. He'll be out there running around like a rabbit playing his usual
steel trap defense.