tennis-forum.net
Promoting tennis discussion.

Main
Date: 07 Jan 2009 08:13:30
From: grif
Subject: Not like other French Players : Tsonga gets bageled
then wins the next 2 sets in tiebreaks.




 
Date: 08 Jan 2009 00:17:40
From: Sakari Lund
Subject: Re: Not like other French Players : Tsonga gets bageled
On Wed, 7 Jan 2009 08:13:30 -0000, "grif" <griffin_230@hotmail.com >
wrote:

>then wins the next 2 sets in tiebreaks.

Yes, Tsonga def. Jarkko 0-6,7-6,7-6. Crazy score.

Jarkko is usually angry when he loses a close match, but now he was
really happy with the way he played. He said he couldn't have played
better. He said first set score is misleading, everything just went
his way. He had three breakpoints and won them all. Tsonga had four
breakpoints, but Jarkko won the set 6-0.

Then Tsonga started serving better, and the other sets were close.
Jarkko said that he felt like he could have won anyone in the
tournament playing like this (logical since #1 seed is out, and Tsonga
is #2 seed).


  
Date: 08 Jan 2009 07:41:37
From: TT
Subject: Re: Not like other French Players : Tsonga gets bageled
Sakari Lund wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Jan 2009 08:13:30 -0000, "grif" <griffin_230@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> then wins the next 2 sets in tiebreaks.
>
> Yes, Tsonga def. Jarkko 0-6,7-6,7-6. Crazy score.
>
> Jarkko is usually angry when he loses a close match, but now he was
> really happy with the way he played. He said he couldn't have played
> better. He said first set score is misleading, everything just went
> his way. He had three breakpoints and won them all. Tsonga had four
> breakpoints, but Jarkko won the set 6-0.
>
> Then Tsonga started serving better, and the other sets were close.
> Jarkko said that he felt like he could have won anyone in the
> tournament playing like this (logical since #1 seed is out, and Tsonga
> is #2 seed).

I think Jarkko always says same things when losing. It's not acceptable
to be happy when losing such a close match. :)
Maybe that's why he often loses these close matches...

--
"Now I have so many dreams to chase - the French Open, an Olympic
singles gold medal in London in 2012, the Davis Cup for Switzerland"


   
Date: 09 Jan 2009 00:06:06
From: Sakari Lund
Subject: Re: Not like other French Players : Tsonga gets bageled
On Thu, 08 Jan 2009 07:41:37 +0200, TT <gold@Olympics.org > wrote:

>Sakari Lund wrote:
>> On Wed, 7 Jan 2009 08:13:30 -0000, "grif" <griffin_230@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> then wins the next 2 sets in tiebreaks.
>>
>> Yes, Tsonga def. Jarkko 0-6,7-6,7-6. Crazy score.
>>
>> Jarkko is usually angry when he loses a close match, but now he was
>> really happy with the way he played. He said he couldn't have played
>> better. He said first set score is misleading, everything just went
>> his way. He had three breakpoints and won them all. Tsonga had four
>> breakpoints, but Jarkko won the set 6-0.
>>
>> Then Tsonga started serving better, and the other sets were close.
>> Jarkko said that he felt like he could have won anyone in the
>> tournament playing like this (logical since #1 seed is out, and Tsonga
>> is #2 seed).
>
>I think Jarkko always says same things when losing. It's not acceptable
>to be happy when losing such a close match. :)
>Maybe that's why he often loses these close matches...

Never heard him being so happy after a loss. Or he wasn't happy with
the loss, but he was happy with the way he played. His standard
comment after a loss (seen it about 100 times): "I am playing very
well in the practice, but can't do the same in the matches".



 
Date: 07 Jan 2009 10:03:30
From: Patrick Kehoe
Subject: Re: Not like other French Players : Tsonga gets bageled
On Jan 7, 12:13=A0am, "grif" <griffin_...@hotmail.com > wrote:
> then wins the next 2 sets in tiebreaks.

"Tsonga hungry for win"


P


 
Date: 07 Jan 2009 21:57:35
From: Whisper
Subject: Re: Not like other French Players : Tsonga gets bageled
grif wrote:
> then wins the next 2 sets in tiebreaks.


I love score lines like that - proves anything is possible in tennis.

I once won a doubles match 16 60 60.



  
Date: 07 Jan 2009 05:23:45
From: ahonkan
Subject: Re: Not like other French Players : Tsonga gets bageled
On Jan 7, 4:44=A0pm, "Iceberg" <big_bad_iceb...@moc.oohay > wrote:
> "Whisper" <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
>
> news:49648aa1$0$28513$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au...
>
> > grif wrote:
> >> then wins the next 2 sets in tiebreaks.
>
> > I love score lines like that - proves anything is possible in tennis.
>
> > I once won a doubles match 16 60 60.
>
> I once won a singles match 26 60 60! still not sure what happened on that
> one.

I won a first round at a grand slam 06 06 60 60 60. I remember
what happened there. I finally found my glasses after 2 sets :-)


  
Date: 07 Jan 2009 05:11:57
From: Scott
Subject: Re: Not like other French Players : Tsonga gets bageled
On Jan 7, 5:57=A0am, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au > wrote:
> grif wrote:
> > then wins the next 2 sets in tiebreaks.
>
> I love score lines like that - proves anything is possible in tennis.
>
> I once won a doubles match 16 60 60.

good thing your partner started playing all the shots in the second
and third sets. ;



  
Date: 07 Jan 2009 11:44:54
From: Iceberg
Subject: Re: Not like other French Players : Tsonga gets bageled
"Whisper" <beaver999@ozemail.com.au > wrote in message
news:49648aa1$0$28513$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au...
> grif wrote:
>> then wins the next 2 sets in tiebreaks.
>
>
> I love score lines like that - proves anything is possible in tennis.
>
> I once won a doubles match 16 60 60.

I once won a singles match 26 60 60! still not sure what happened on that
one.