tennis-forum.net
Promoting tennis discussion.

Main
Date: 18 Jan 2009 10:16:05
From: wkhedr
Subject: Not right! ESPN360 should be offered to any one who wants to view it.
If people are willing to pay for it, they should be entitled to have
it, I'm not sure about this business model.





 
Date: 20 Jan 2009 13:56:05
From: wkhedr
Subject: Re: Not right! ESPN360 should be offered to any one who wants to view
On Jan 20, 4:06=A0pm, "jdeluise" <jdelu...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On 18-Jan-2009, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com> wrote:
>
> > If people are willing to pay for it, they should be entitled to have
> > it, I'm not sure about this business model.
>
> No kidding:(

kidding what?

They limit it to people having certain ISP's, why not offer it to
people using other ISP's for some fees?


  
Date: 20 Jan 2009 17:29:56
From: Trevor Smithson
Subject: Re: Not right! ESPN360 should be offered to any one who wants to view it.
On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 13:56:05 -0800 (PST), wkhedr <wkhedr@my-deja.com >
wrote:

>On Jan 20, 4:06 pm, "jdeluise" <jdelu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 18-Jan-2009, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com> wrote:
>>
>> > If people are willing to pay for it, they should be entitled to have
>> > it, I'm not sure about this business model.
>>
>> No kidding:(
>
>kidding what?
>
>They limit it to people having certain ISP's, why not offer it to
>people using other ISP's for some fees?

Because ESPN and the cable companies don't want to erode the number of
people who subscribe to their regular cable channels.

Doesn't mean it's smart of them, but that's the reason.


  
Date: 20 Jan 2009 22:00:38
From: jdeluise
Subject: Re: Not right! ESPN360 should be offered to any one who wants to view it.

On 20-Jan-2009, wkhedr <wkhedr@my-deja.com > wrote:

> On Jan 20, 4:06 pm, "jdeluise" <jdelu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 18-Jan-2009, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com> wrote:
> >
> > > If people are willing to pay for it, they should be entitled to have
> > > it, I'm not sure about this business model.
> >
> > No kidding:(
>
> kidding what?
>
> They limit it to people having certain ISP's, why not offer it to
> people using other ISP's for some fees?

Yes, I was agreeing with you. Apparently, in order to get it in my area I
would have to switch to cable internet, which I refuse to do. It's not
fair!


 
Date: 20 Jan 2009 21:06:42
From: jdeluise
Subject: Re: Not right! ESPN360 should be offered to any one who wants to view it.

On 18-Jan-2009, wkhedr <wkhedr@my-deja.com > wrote:

> If people are willing to pay for it, they should be entitled to have
> it, I'm not sure about this business model.

No kidding:(


 
Date: 18 Jan 2009 20:19:52
From: wkhedr
Subject: Re: Not right! ESPN360 should be offered to any one who wants to view
On Jan 18, 9:56=A0pm, bjm...@aol.com wrote:
> On Jan 18, 12:16=A0pm, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com> wrote:
>
> > If people are willing to pay for it, they should be entitled to have
> > it, I'm not sure about this business model.
>
> All you have to do is buy high-speed internet and you can get it. It's
> worth it, I'm watching it right now and it's awesome, like being on 5
> courts at once!

I have 15Mbs from comcast.


 
Date: 18 Jan 2009 18:56:13
From:
Subject: Re: Not right! ESPN360 should be offered to any one who wants to view
On Jan 18, 12:16=A0pm, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com > wrote:
> If people are willing to pay for it, they should be entitled to have
> it, I'm not sure about this business model.

All you have to do is buy high-speed internet and you can get it. It's
worth it, I'm watching it right now and it's awesome, like being on 5
courts at once!