tennis-forum.net
Promoting tennis discussion.

Main
Date: 18 Feb 2009 07:09:29
From: guyana
Subject: Now that ARod has come out will the other juicers follow??
Discuss!

Sorry Prof X

Etudiant Y




 
Date: 18 Feb 2009 13:39:28
From: Joe Ramirez
Subject: Re: Now that ARod has come out will the other juicers follow??
On Feb 18, 12:36=A0pm, Professor X <sueboka...@hotmail.com > wrote:

> Steroids are one huge grey area in general though LOL. In the UK for
> example it is legal to BUY and USE steroids (for recreational reasons)
> but ILLEGAL to SELL and DISTRIBUTE them seems even the law can't make
> up it's mind.

This is not a case of legal indecision; rather, it's a fairly common
technique for attempting to suppress an activity thought undesirable
without criminalizing a large group of citizens who are not creating
any "victims" other than themselves. Some jurisdictions employ a
similar strategy with prostitution, for example.

Joe Ramirez


 
Date: 18 Feb 2009 13:16:27
From:
Subject: Re: Now that ARod has come out will the other juicers follow??
On Feb 18, 11:15=A0am, Superdave <the.big.rst.kah...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 17:10:37 GMT, Superdave
>
>
>
>
>
> <the.big.rst.kah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 09:05:58 -0800 (PST), Professor X
> ><sueboka...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >>On Feb 18, 3:09=A0pm, guyana <guyanper...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >>> Discuss!
>
> >>> Sorry Prof X
>
> >>> Etudiant Y
>
> >>No they wont. But an interesting argument for where you should draw
> >>the line could come from tiger woods who had laser eye surgery done to
> >>get his vision altered to 20/15--- which is BEYOND PERFECT... and if
> >>in a game of golf that has got to be as much of a performance
> >>enhancement as taking steroids or whatever else is in Baseball, if not
> >>more so.
>
> >>yet for Tiger that is allowed... so why are steroids such a big issue?
>
> >excellent question especially since soon we will have the ability to
> >implement real "bionics" to arms and legs. the argument will be why is
> >that different than giving a golfer 20/15 vision ?
>
> >and, rightly so.
>
> what if rafa's knee is really fucked and they give him one that will
> never wear out, never sprain, never tire and with a little button on
> his waist he can press when he needs some overdrive ?
>
Will be get an artificial asshole too, so that he pick all he wants
and not injure himself?


 
Date: 18 Feb 2009 10:24:12
From: guyana
Subject: Re: Now that ARod has come out will the other juicers follow??
On Feb 18, 1:03=A0pm, Joe Ramirez <josephmrami...@netzero.com > wrote:
> On Feb 18, 10:09=A0am, guyana <guyanper...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Discuss!
>
> It's not really accurate to say that Rodriguez has "come out," which
> implies a voluntary disclosure. He was *exposed* as a user when his
> 2003 test results were leaked. His admission came only after the
> evidence had become public.
>
> Joe Ramirez

Yes, he admitted to the said deed!

BTW Newton was a pioneer, so the caveman was the smartest for
discovering the wheel!


 
Date: 18 Feb 2009 10:03:49
From: Joe Ramirez
Subject: Re: Now that ARod has come out will the other juicers follow??
On Feb 18, 10:09=A0am, guyana <guyanper...@yahoo.com > wrote:
> Discuss!

It's not really accurate to say that Rodriguez has "come out," which
implies a voluntary disclosure. He was *exposed* as a user when his
2003 test results were leaked. His admission came only after the
evidence had become public.

Joe Ramirez


 
Date: 18 Feb 2009 09:36:34
From: Professor X
Subject: Re: Now that ARod has come out will the other juicers follow??
On Feb 18, 5:15=A0pm, Superdave <the.big.rst.kah...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 17:10:37 GMT, Superdave
>
>
>
> <the.big.rst.kah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 09:05:58 -0800 (PST), Professor X
> ><sueboka...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >>On Feb 18, 3:09=A0pm, guyana <guyanper...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >>> Discuss!
>
> >>> Sorry Prof X
>
> >>> Etudiant Y
>
> >>No they wont. But an interesting argument for where you should draw
> >>the line could come from tiger woods who had laser eye surgery done to
> >>get his vision altered to 20/15--- which is BEYOND PERFECT... and if
> >>in a game of golf that has got to be as much of a performance
> >>enhancement as taking steroids or whatever else is in Baseball, if not
> >>more so.
>
> >>yet for Tiger that is allowed... so why are steroids such a big issue?
>
> >excellent question especially since soon we will have the ability to
> >implement real "bionics" to arms and legs. the argument will be why is
> >that different than giving a golfer 20/15 vision ?
>
> >and, rightly so.
>
> what if rafa's knee is really fucked and they give him one that will
> never wear out, never sprain, never tire and with a little button on
> his waist he can press when he needs some overdrive ?
>
> what then ?

Exactly, it's a tough topic to know where you draw the line. And
obviously many performance enhancers are legal... ie Creatine and
countless other sports supplements... but something about steroids in
sport really gets people worked up. However, if what you said to Rafa
actually happened (- the little button on his waist) i'd imagine that
most people would think nothing of it, even if it meant that he could
play on for an extra x amount of years.

Steroids are one huge grey area in general though LOL. In the UK for
example it is legal to BUY and USE steroids (for recreational reasons)
but ILLEGAL to SELL and DISTRIBUTE them seems even the law can't make
up it's mind.


 
Date: 18 Feb 2009 09:05:58
From: Professor X
Subject: Re: Now that ARod has come out will the other juicers follow??
On Feb 18, 3:09=A0pm, guyana <guyanper...@yahoo.com > wrote:
> Discuss!
>
> Sorry Prof X
>
> Etudiant Y

No they wont. But an interesting argument for where you should draw
the line could come from tiger woods who had laser eye surgery done to
get his vision altered to 20/15--- which is BEYOND PERFECT... and if
in a game of golf that has got to be as much of a performance
enhancement as taking steroids or whatever else is in Baseball, if not
more so.

yet for Tiger that is allowed... so why are steroids such a big issue?


  
Date: 18 Feb 2009 17:10:37
From: Superdave
Subject: Re: Now that ARod has come out will the other juicers follow??
On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 09:05:58 -0800 (PST), Professor X
<suebokaian@hotmail.com > wrote:

>On Feb 18, 3:09 pm, guyana <guyanper...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Discuss!
>>
>> Sorry Prof X
>>
>> Etudiant Y
>
>No they wont. But an interesting argument for where you should draw
>the line could come from tiger woods who had laser eye surgery done to
>get his vision altered to 20/15--- which is BEYOND PERFECT... and if
>in a game of golf that has got to be as much of a performance
>enhancement as taking steroids or whatever else is in Baseball, if not
>more so.
>
>yet for Tiger that is allowed... so why are steroids such a big issue?


excellent question especially since soon we will have the ability to
implement real "bionics" to arms and legs. the argument will be why is
that different than giving a golfer 20/15 vision ?

and, rightly so.


   
Date: 18 Feb 2009 17:15:29
From: Superdave
Subject: Re: Now that ARod has come out will the other juicers follow??
On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 17:10:37 GMT, Superdave
<the.big.rst.kahuna@gmail.com > wrote:

>On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 09:05:58 -0800 (PST), Professor X
><suebokaian@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Feb 18, 3:09 pm, guyana <guyanper...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> Discuss!
>>>
>>> Sorry Prof X
>>>
>>> Etudiant Y
>>
>>No they wont. But an interesting argument for where you should draw
>>the line could come from tiger woods who had laser eye surgery done to
>>get his vision altered to 20/15--- which is BEYOND PERFECT... and if
>>in a game of golf that has got to be as much of a performance
>>enhancement as taking steroids or whatever else is in Baseball, if not
>>more so.
>>
>>yet for Tiger that is allowed... so why are steroids such a big issue?
>
>
>excellent question especially since soon we will have the ability to
>implement real "bionics" to arms and legs. the argument will be why is
>that different than giving a golfer 20/15 vision ?
>
>and, rightly so.


what if rafa's knee is really fucked and they give him one that will
never wear out, never sprain, never tire and with a little button on
his waist he can press when he needs some overdrive ?

what then ?