tennis-forum.net
Promoting tennis discussion.

Main
Date: 13 Feb 2009 15:02:46
From: Petter Solbu
Subject: Pete Sampras on Roger Federer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx0MtThBLjc

PS.




 
Date: 13 Feb 2009 20:02:55
From: Stapler
Subject: Re: Pete Sampras on Roger Federer
"Petter Solbu" <pettermann1984@hotmail.com > wrote in message
news:FoudnRPBfu4Q4AjU4p2dnAA@telenor.com...
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx0MtThBLjc
>
> PS.


What an IDIOT! Coming in is exactly what Rafa wants! He's the best ever at
passing shots all day long! Roger tried this strategy in 2006 Rome and it
didn't work.



  
Date: 13 Feb 2009 15:33:07
From: TennisGuy
Subject: Re: Pete Sampras on Roger Federer
On Feb 13, 3:42=A0pm, gregor...@hotmail.com wrote:

> > What an IDIOT! Coming in is exactly what Rafa wants! He's the best ever=
at
> > passing shots all day long! Roger tried this strategy in 2006 Rome and =
it
> > didn't work.
>
> One of the reasons Federer nearly won that match was that he came in
> to the net a lot and won a lot of points there

Right, and how dare ANYONE on this earth call the great master an
idiot!


  
Date: 13 Feb 2009 12:42:31
From:
Subject: Re: Pete Sampras on Roger Federer
On Feb 13, 8:02=A0pm, "Stapler" <d...@d.com > wrote:
> "Petter Solbu" <pettermann1...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:FoudnRPBfu4Q4AjU4p2dnAA@telenor.com...
>
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DTx0MtThBLjc
>
> > PS.
>
> What an IDIOT! Coming in is exactly what Rafa wants! He's the best ever a=
t
> passing shots all day long! Roger tried this strategy in 2006 Rome and it
> didn't work.

One of the reasons Federer nearly won that match was that he came in
to the net a lot and won a lot of points there



   
Date: 14 Feb 2009 13:57:42
From: Whisper
Subject: Re: Pete Sampras on Roger Federer
gregorawe@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Feb 13, 8:02 pm, "Stapler" <d...@d.com> wrote:
>> "Petter Solbu" <pettermann1...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> news:FoudnRPBfu4Q4AjU4p2dnAA@telenor.com...
>>
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx0MtThBLjc
>>> PS.
>> What an IDIOT! Coming in is exactly what Rafa wants! He's the best ever at
>> passing shots all day long! Roger tried this strategy in 2006 Rome and it
>> didn't work.
>
> One of the reasons Federer nearly won that match was that he came in
> to the net a lot and won a lot of points there
>


Also puts Rafa under extra pressure to keep coming up with quality shots
- bound to miss a lot.



    
Date: 14 Feb 2009 03:49:30
From: Superdave
Subject: Re: Pete Sampras on Roger Federer
On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 13:57:42 +1100, Whisper <beaver999@ozemail.com.au >
wrote:

>gregorawe@hotmail.com wrote:
>> On Feb 13, 8:02 pm, "Stapler" <d...@d.com> wrote:
>>> "Petter Solbu" <pettermann1...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> news:FoudnRPBfu4Q4AjU4p2dnAA@telenor.com...
>>>
>>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx0MtThBLjc
>>>> PS.
>>> What an IDIOT! Coming in is exactly what Rafa wants! He's the best ever at
>>> passing shots all day long! Roger tried this strategy in 2006 Rome and it
>>> didn't work.
>>
>> One of the reasons Federer nearly won that match was that he came in
>> to the net a lot and won a lot of points there
>>
>
>
>Also puts Rafa under extra pressure to keep coming up with quality shots
>- bound to miss a lot.


Rafa "never" misses. He's a freak that way.


  
Date: 13 Feb 2009 12:17:56
From: wkhedr
Subject: Re: Pete Sampras on Roger Federer
On Feb 13, 3:02=A0pm, "Stapler" <d...@d.com > wrote:
> "Petter Solbu" <pettermann1...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:FoudnRPBfu4Q4AjU4p2dnAA@telenor.com...
>
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DTx0MtThBLjc
>
> > PS.
>
> What an IDIOT! Coming in is exactly what Rafa wants! He's the best ever a=
t
> passing shots all day long! Roger tried this strategy in 2006 Rome and it
> didn't work.

Federer had match point if I remember correctly, it was a good match.


   
Date: 14 Feb 2009 13:56:56
From: Whisper
Subject: Re: Pete Sampras on Roger Federer
wkhedr wrote:
> On Feb 13, 3:02 pm, "Stapler" <d...@d.com> wrote:
>> "Petter Solbu" <pettermann1...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> news:FoudnRPBfu4Q4AjU4p2dnAA@telenor.com...
>>
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx0MtThBLjc
>>> PS.
>> What an IDIOT! Coming in is exactly what Rafa wants! He's the best ever at
>> passing shots all day long! Roger tried this strategy in 2006 Rome and it
>> didn't work.
>
> Federer had match point if I remember correctly, it was a good match.



...& on clay no less. Pete is right - attack Rafa from the net on
grass/hc else the match is on his racket.



   
Date: 13 Feb 2009 20:35:09
From: Stapler
Subject: Re: Pete Sampras on Roger Federer
"wkhedr" <wkhedr@my-deja.com > wrote in message
news:8167797d-fe97-46d9-bc48-f9a6b2c669a8@x10g2000yqk.googlegroups.com...
On Feb 13, 3:02 pm, "Stapler" <d...@d.com > wrote:
> "Petter Solbu" <pettermann1...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:FoudnRPBfu4Q4AjU4p2dnAA@telenor.com...
>
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx0MtThBLjc
>
> > PS.
>
> What an IDIOT! Coming in is exactly what Rafa wants! He's the best ever at
> passing shots all day long! Roger tried this strategy in 2006 Rome and it
> didn't work.

>>>Federer had match point if I remember correctly, it was a good match.<<<


Oh and Youtube didn't show what happened on that match point.



 
Date: 13 Feb 2009 10:52:24
From: TennisGuy
Subject: Re: Pete Sampras on Roger Federer
On Feb 13, 9:02=A0am, Petter Solbu <pettermann1...@hotmail.com > wrote:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DTx0MtThBLjc
>
> PS.

Good find Petter!
You can tell Pete is being completely candid in his advice.
Not holding anything back. And he's basically right in what he's
saying.



  
Date: 13 Feb 2009 11:59:00
From: wkhedr
Subject: Re: Pete Sampras on Roger Federer
On Feb 13, 1:52=A0pm, TennisGuy <Jeffery21...@yahoo.com > wrote:
> On Feb 13, 9:02=A0am, Petter Solbu <pettermann1...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DTx0MtThBLjc
>
> > PS.
>
> Good find Petter!
> You can tell Pete is being completely candid in his advice.
> Not holding anything back. And he's basically right in what he's
> saying.

I agree with Pete on coming forward specially when serving. The server
has more time to come to the net when Nadal is standing very behind
the baseline.