tennis-forum.net
Promoting tennis discussion.

Main
Date: 27 Jan 2009 19:10:05
From: Sakari Lund
Subject: Roddick interview

Couple of nice answers:


Q. You've been really consistent on the tour for a number of years.
Been a long time since you've won a Grand Slam tournament. Has that
kept you going, improving, really wanting to win another one?

ANDY RODDICK: Keeping going is a different thing. I'm 26 years old.
What the hell else am I going to do with myself? Let's be honest.
That's obviously the motivation behind it.

---

Q. If it turns out being him, is this a better chance for you than it
has been in the past few years?

ANDY RODDICK: No, I was really happy to see Roger win the US Open last
year. If I'm being frank with you guys, he was a lot classier in that
press conference with everyone here than I would have been if I was in
that position.

He has nothing to prove. He's the greatest. He's created quite an
animal for himself, where if someone wins a set they're questioning
his form. The guy made two finals, a semi, and won a Slam last year
and people are saying he's off form. I think he deserves a lot more
respect than that.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/interviews/2009-01-27/200901271233044095968.html






 
Date: 27 Jan 2009 18:09:19
From: Vari L. Cinicke
Subject: Re: Roddick interview
Sakari Lund wrote:
> Couple of nice answers:
>
>
> Q. You've been really consistent on the tour for a number of years.
> Been a long time since you've won a Grand Slam tournament. Has that
> kept you going, improving, really wanting to win another one?
>
> ANDY RODDICK: Keeping going is a different thing. I'm 26 years old.
> What the hell else am I going to do with myself? Let's be honest.
> That's obviously the motivation behind it.
>
> ---
>
> Q. If it turns out being him, is this a better chance for you than it
> has been in the past few years?
>
> ANDY RODDICK: No, I was really happy to see Roger win the US Open last
> year. If I'm being frank with you guys, he was a lot classier in that
> press conference with everyone here than I would have been if I was in
> that position.
>
> He has nothing to prove. He's the greatest. He's created quite an
> animal for himself, where if someone wins a set they're questioning
> his form. The guy made two finals, a semi, and won a Slam last year
> and people are saying he's off form. I think he deserves a lot more
> respect than that.
>
> http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/interviews/2009-01-27/200901271233044095968.html
>
>

Also

Q. I think 2003, '05, '07, and '09 you are in the semifinal here.

ANDY RODDICK: Uh-huh.

Q. What do you think about it?

ANDY RODDICK: Well, that's extremely coincidental. Beyond that, I don't
know what I got for you. I mean, if I ever play lotto, I'll be sure to
bet on odd numbers.

--
Cheers,

vc


  
Date: 27 Jan 2009 20:13:53
From: jingus
Subject: Re: Roddick interview
Vari L. Cinicke wrote:
>
> Q. I think 2003, '05, '07, and '09 you are in the semifinal here.
>
> ANDY RODDICK: Uh-huh.
>
> Q. What do you think about it?
>
> ANDY RODDICK: Well, that's extremely coincidental. Beyond that, I don't
> know what I got for you. I mean, if I ever play lotto, I'll be sure to
> bet on odd numbers.
>

roddick kicks ass! go andy!!!


  
Date: 27 Jan 2009 14:28:15
From: xamigax@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Roddick interview
On 27 jan, 19:09, "Vari L. Cinicke" <cini...@netscape.net > wrote:
> Sakari Lund wrote:
> > Couple of nice answers:
>
> > =A0Q. You've been really consistent on the tour for a number of years.
> > Been a long time since you've won a Grand Slam tournament. Has that
> > kept you going, improving, really wanting to win another one?
>
> > ANDY RODDICK: Keeping going is a different thing. I'm 26 years old.
> > What the hell else am I going to do with myself? Let's be honest.
> > That's obviously the motivation behind it.
>
> > ---
>
> > Q. If it turns out being him, is this a better chance for you than it
> > has been in the past few years?
>
> > ANDY RODDICK: No, I was really happy to see Roger win the US Open last
> > year. If I'm being frank with you guys, he was a lot classier in that
> > press conference with everyone here than I would have been if I was in
> > that position.
>
> > He has nothing to prove. He's the greatest. He's created quite an
> > animal for himself, where if someone wins a set they're questioning
> > his form. The guy made two finals, a semi, and won a Slam last year
> > and people are saying he's off form. I think he deserves a lot more
> > respect than that.
>
> >http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/interviews/2009-01-27/200901...
>
> Also
>
> Q. I think 2003, '05, '07, and '09 you are in the semifinal here.
>
> ANDY RODDICK: Uh-huh.
>
> Q. What do you think about it?
>
> ANDY RODDICK: Well, that's extremely coincidental. Beyond that, I don't
> know what I got for you. I mean, if I ever play lotto, I'll be sure to
> bet on odd numbers.
>
> --
> Cheers,
>
> vc

That's one thing I love about Andy R.
He never hesitates to make fool of "journalists", sometimes even when
they doesn't deserve it so much!
A really good dude.

Share & Enjoy,
Manolo


 
Date: 27 Jan 2009 09:46:34
From: GOAT
Subject: Re: Roddick interview

>
> He has nothing to prove. He's the greatest.

More sycophancy from Fedfuckers. No wonder Roddick will surely lose in
the SF without even making Fed break sweat.



  
Date: 27 Jan 2009 12:30:59
From: ahonkan
Subject: Re: Roddick interview
On Jan 28, 12:51=A0am, Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com > wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 19:51:21 +0200, TT <g...@Olympics.org> wrote:
> >GOAT wrote:
> >>> He has nothing to prove. He's the greatest.
>
> >> More sycophancy from Fedfuckers. No wonder Roddick will surely lose in
> >> the SF without even making Fed break sweat.
>
> >...And Ponyboy said before his match that fed is goat. Look what happene=
d...
>
> Well, you know what Nadal always says about Fed...

And Sampras, Mac, Borg, Lendl, Becker ....


  
Date: 27 Jan 2009 19:51:21
From: TT
Subject: Re: Roddick interview
GOAT wrote:
>> He has nothing to prove. He's the greatest.
>
> More sycophancy from Fedfuckers. No wonder Roddick will surely lose in
> the SF without even making Fed break sweat.
>

...And Ponyboy said before his match that fed is goat. Look what happened...

--
"Now I have so many dreams to chase - the French Open, an Olympic
singles gold medal in London in 2012, the Davis Cup for Switzerland"


   
Date: 27 Jan 2009 21:51:54
From: Sakari Lund
Subject: Re: Roddick interview
On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 19:51:21 +0200, TT <gold@Olympics.org > wrote:

>GOAT wrote:
>>> He has nothing to prove. He's the greatest.
>>
>> More sycophancy from Fedfuckers. No wonder Roddick will surely lose in
>> the SF without even making Fed break sweat.
>>
>
>...And Ponyboy said before his match that fed is goat. Look what happened...

Well, you know what Nadal always says about Fed...


    
Date: 27 Jan 2009 22:46:00
From: TT
Subject: Re: Roddick interview
Sakari Lund wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 19:51:21 +0200, TT <gold@Olympics.org> wrote:
>
>> GOAT wrote:
>>>> He has nothing to prove. He's the greatest.
>>> More sycophancy from Fedfuckers. No wonder Roddick will surely lose in
>>> the SF without even making Fed break sweat.
>>>
>> ...And Ponyboy said before his match that fed is goat. Look what happened...
>
> Well, you know what Nadal always says about Fed...

Apparently it's different. Nadal says before the match that roger is
goat, beats him in straights and then tells that roger is still the
champion, rank one and goat...and goes and beats him next time again...

But if anyone else than Nadal says this before the match it usually
means they will bend over for roger.

--
"Now I have so many dreams to chase - the French Open, an Olympic
singles gold medal in London in 2012, the Davis Cup for Switzerland"


 
Date: 27 Jan 2009 09:20:34
From: Fan
Subject: Re: Roddick interview
On Jan 27, 6:10=A0pm, Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com > wrote:
> Couple of nice answers:
>
> =A0Q. You've been really consistent on the tour for a number of years.
> Been a long time since you've won a Grand Slam tournament. Has that
> kept you going, improving, really wanting to win another one?
>
> ANDY RODDICK: Keeping going is a different thing. I'm 26 years old.
> What the hell else am I going to do with myself? Let's be honest.
> That's obviously the motivation behind it.
>
> ---
>
> Q. If it turns out being him, is this a better chance for you than it
> has been in the past few years?
>
> ANDY RODDICK: No, I was really happy to see Roger win the US Open last
> year. If I'm being frank with you guys, he was a lot classier in that
> press conference with everyone here than I would have been if I was in
> that position.
>
> He has nothing to prove. He's the greatest. He's created quite an
> animal for himself, where if someone wins a set they're questioning
> his form. The guy made two finals, a semi, and won a Slam last year
> and people are saying he's off form. I think he deserves a lot more
> respect than that.
>
> http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/interviews/2009-01-27/200901...

Roddick is so right and a very nice person. It would be nice if he
could win it but not much chance of that :)


  
Date: 27 Jan 2009 22:15:42
From: Fan
Subject: Re: Roddick interview
On Jan 27, 6:49=A0pm, TT <g...@Olympics.org > wrote:
> cernunn...@hotmail.com wrote:
> > On Jan 27, 12:20 pm, Fan <Turnagain...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Roddick is so right and a very nice person. It would be nice if he
> >> could win it but not much chance of that :)
>
> > Roddick is a notorious bully, but compared with you, he certainly is a
> > nice person.
>
> Yup.

Who let the monkeys out?


  
Date: 27 Jan 2009 09:45:52
From:
Subject: Re: Roddick interview
On Jan 27, 12:20=A0pm, Fan <Turnagain...@hotmail.com > wrote:

> Roddick is so right and a very nice person. It would be nice if he
> could win it but not much chance of that :)

Roddick is a notorious bully, but compared with you, he certainly is a
nice person.


   
Date: 27 Jan 2009 19:49:33
From: TT
Subject: Re: Roddick interview
cernunnos1@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Jan 27, 12:20 pm, Fan <Turnagain...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Roddick is so right and a very nice person. It would be nice if he
>> could win it but not much chance of that :)
>
> Roddick is a notorious bully, but compared with you, he certainly is a
> nice person.

Yup.

--
"Now I have so many dreams to chase - the French Open, an Olympic
singles gold medal in London in 2012, the Davis Cup for Switzerland"