tennis-forum.net
Promoting tennis discussion.

Main
Date: 29 Jan 2009 18:33:58
From: wkhedr
Subject: Sampras sent a text message to Federer hoping he wins :)
After winning her Open semi final on Thursday, Serena Williams
confessed she had tried to model herself on Federer.

"I tried to stay calm," she said.

"I knew if I could play like Roger, I would win."

Roddick, whose lopsided rivalry with Federer became even more so after
their semi, tried to explain it.

"The thing about Roger is you know where to go and you still come out
of it on the bad end," he said.

"He just beat me. It's plain and simple."

But as Federer bids to win his 14th grand slam title, you sense that
the words of the man whose record he is attempting to equal are the
ones that probably mean the most.

Sampras, he said, had sent him a text message.

"He hopes I win."





 
Date: 29 Jan 2009 21:35:58
From: arnab.z@gmail
Subject: Re: Sampras sent a text message to Federer hoping he wins :)
On Jan 30, 10:14=A0am, stephenj <s...@cox.com > wrote:
> =A0>wkhedr wrote:
> > "The thing about Roger is you know where to go and you still come out
> > of it on the bad end," he said.
>
> > "He just beat me. It's plain and simple."
>
> > But as Federer bids to win his 14th grand slam title, you sense that
> > the words of the man whose record he is attempting to equal are the
> > ones that probably mean the most.
>
> > Sampras, he said, had sent him a text message.
>
> > "He hopes I win."
>
> LOL ... Pete is wearing his desperation on his sleeve. :)
>
> --
>
> "Look at any 'democratic' country, like America.
> In these countries the real business of 'state' is carried
> on by departments, staffs, and bureaus...Parliaments
> are only places where chattering goes on with the purpose
> of fooling the 'common people'."
>
> =A0 - V.I. Lenin

I don't think a text message from Sampras is going to affect Federer.


 
Date: 29 Jan 2009 21:28:14
From: ghell666
Subject: Re: Sampras sent a text message to Federer hoping he wins :)
On 30 Jan, 02:33, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com > wrote:
> After winning her Open semi final on Thursday, Serena Williams
> confessed she had tried to model herself on Federer.
>
> "I tried to stay calm," she said.
>
> "I knew if I could play like Roger, I would win."
>
> Roddick, whose lopsided rivalry with Federer became even more so after
> their semi, tried to explain it.
>
> "The thing about Roger is you know where to go and you still come out
> of it on the bad end," he said.
>
> "He just beat me. It's plain and simple."
>
> But as Federer bids to win his 14th grand slam title, you sense that
> the words of the man whose record he is attempting to equal are the
> ones that probably mean the most.
>
> Sampras, he said, had sent him a text message.
>
> "He hopes I win."

Kiss of Death :)

If he really believes that , I rest my case about his mental game..


  
Date: 30 Jan 2009 06:54:54
From: Stapler
Subject: Re: Sampras sent a text message to Federer hoping he wins :)
"ghell666" <matt.tippen@gmail.com > wrote in message
news:4fa4c802-0352-4894-9e2b-3d1cd26f70ad@i18g2000prf.googlegroups.com...
>
> Kiss of Death :)
>
> If he really believes that , I rest my case about his mental game..


Exactly. Fed should know by now that Sampras specializes in slipping the
knife in when you turn your back. Agassi can testify.



 
Date: 29 Jan 2009 22:14:20
From: stephenj
Subject: Re: Sampras sent a text message to Federer hoping he wins :)
>wkhedr wrote:

> "The thing about Roger is you know where to go and you still come out
> of it on the bad end," he said.
>
> "He just beat me. It's plain and simple."
>
> But as Federer bids to win his 14th grand slam title, you sense that
> the words of the man whose record he is attempting to equal are the
> ones that probably mean the most.
>
> Sampras, he said, had sent him a text message.
>
> "He hopes I win."

LOL ... Pete is wearing his desperation on his sleeve. :)





--

"Look at any 'democratic' country, like America.
In these countries the real business of 'state' is carried
on by departments, staffs, and bureaus...Parliaments
are only places where chattering goes on with the purpose
of fooling the 'common people'."


- V.I. Lenin


  
Date: 30 Jan 2009 05:24:35
From: John Doe
Subject: Re: Sampras sent a text message to Federer hoping he wins :)
stephenj <sjex@cox.com > wrote:

> wkhedr wrote:

>> "The thing about Roger is you know where to go and you still come
>> out of it on the bad end," he said.
>>
>> "He just beat me. It's plain and simple."
>>
>> But as Federer bids to win his 14th grand slam title, you sense
>> that the words of the man whose record he is attempting to equal
>> are the ones that probably mean the most.
>>
>> Sampras, he said, had sent him a text message.
>>
>> "He hopes I win."
>
> LOL ... Pete is wearing his desperation on his sleeve. :)

Then there is the possibility that other people don't think the way
you do.


--
Land Skis (rough terrain skates). The first rollerblades with a big
front wheel and small trailing wheels, to help roll over obstacles
while maintaining a low stance.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27532210@N04/3056505603


  
Date: 30 Jan 2009 04:30:06
From: Stapler
Subject: Re: Sampras sent a text message to Federer hoping he wins :)
Whisper just can't accept that Sampras is a Fedfucker.