tennis-forum.net
Promoting tennis discussion.

Main
Date: 31 Dec 2008 17:54:44
From: m4816k
Subject: Sharapova out of Hong Kong...
...AO still in question. Reports say she doesen't feel ready after just two
weeks of practice.






 
Date: 31 Dec 2008 09:05:32
From: Sao Paulo Swallow
Subject: Re: Sharapova out of Hong Kong...
On Dec 31, 8:54=A0am, "m4816k" <marijan.kovacevicREMOVET...@os.t-com.hr >
wrote:
> ...AO still in question. Reports say she doesen't feel ready after just t=
wo
> weeks of practice.

This is a joke, right?


  
Date: 31 Dec 2008 09:27:49
From: Sao Paulo Swallow
Subject: Re: Sharapova out of Hong Kong...
On Dec 31, 9:11=A0am, "m4816k" <marijan.kovacevicREMOVET...@os.t-com.hr >
wrote:
> "Sao Paulo Swallow" <Sao_Paulo_Swal...@yahoo.com> wrote in messagenews:21=
2a4f60-10c9-42b1-8758-97f9a1a08b6b@s9g2000prm.googlegroups.com...
> On Dec 31, 8:54 am, "m4816k" <marijan.kovacevicREMOVET...@os.t-com.hr>
> wrote:
>
> > ...AO still in question. Reports say she doesen't feel ready after just
> > two
> > weeks of practice.
>
> This is a joke, right?
>
> Nope, just read it on teletext, Croatian national tv.

I can't remember: is she coming back from a major injury?
Otherwise ....


   
Date: 31 Dec 2008 15:45:01
From:
Subject: Re: Sharapova out of Hong Kong...
In article
<6e8c1e47-b450-423e-a73d-0c7c3b0ba6e6@r15g2000prd.googlegroups.com >,
Sao_Paulo_Swallow@yahoo.com (Sao Paulo Swallow) wrote:

>
> I can't remember: is she coming back from a major injury?
> Otherwise ....

Yes. She discovered mid-year that the shoulder trouble that had been
bothering her was a tear and she'd been badly advised to keep playing
after it happened in March/April. Fixing it is why she missed the US Open,
the indoor circuit, and the YECs.

wg


    
Date: 31 Dec 2008 21:12:29
From: mimus
Subject: Re: Sharapova out of Hong Kong...
On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 15:45:01 -0600, wendyg wrote:

> In article
> <6e8c1e47-b450-423e-a73d-0c7c3b0ba6e6@r15g2000prd.googlegroups.com>,
> Sao_Paulo_Swallow@yahoo.com (Sao Paulo Swallow) wrote:
>
>> I can't remember: is she coming back from a major injury?
>> Otherwise ....
>
> Yes. She discovered mid-year that the shoulder trouble that had been
> bothering her was a tear and she'd been badly advised to keep playing
> after it happened in March/April. Fixing it is why she missed the US Open,
> the indoor circuit, and the YECs.

Did she have a surgical repair? I don't remember any mention of that.

And am a little dubious about non-surgical "therapy" (basically rest and
hopefully healing) of such things in such high-demand circumstances.

And, really, IIRC, she's been fiddling with this problem for two or three
years.

--

Take a deep breath, take a walk, cool off, plot a bit, and serve again.



     
Date: 01 Jan 2009 09:55:46
From:
Subject: Re: Sharapova out of Hong Kong...
In article <CMKdnb6LNqQXu8HUnZ2dnUVZ_ovinZ2d@giganews.com >,
tinmimus99@hotmail.com (mimus) wrote:

> Did she have a surgical repair? I don't remember any mention of
> that.

According to today's write-ups she had arthroscopic surgery in October.

wg


     
Date: 31 Dec 2008 23:08:08
From: mimus
Subject: Re: Sharapova out of Hong Kong...
On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 21:12:29 -0500, mimus wrote:

> On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 15:45:01 -0600, wendyg wrote:
>
>> In article
>> <6e8c1e47-b450-423e-a73d-0c7c3b0ba6e6@r15g2000prd.googlegroups.com>,
>> Sao_Paulo_Swallow@yahoo.com (Sao Paulo Swallow) wrote:
>>
>>> I can't remember: is she coming back from a major injury?
>>> Otherwise ....
>>
>> Yes. She discovered mid-year that the shoulder trouble that had been
>> bothering her was a tear and she'd been badly advised to keep playing
>> after it happened in March/April. Fixing it is why she missed the US Open,
>> the indoor circuit, and the YECs.
>
> Did she have a surgical repair? I don't remember any mention of that.
>
> And am a little dubious about non-surgical "therapy" (basically rest and
> hopefully healing) of such things in such high-demand circumstances.
>
> And, really, IIRC, she's been fiddling with this problem for two or three
> years.

Ah and aha.

Just in, from the Golden Girl's own website: "[S]he had arthroscopic
surgery on her right shoulder two months ago."

http://www.maria-sharapova.org/

Seems like it took a long time to decide to do it, and that's pressing the
AO pretty hard (considering that that shoulder is part of the power-
transmission for the Sharapova serve and strokes), so, she looks dubious
for the AO to me.

And, frankly, I'd rather see her skip the AO than press matters too far
too fast.

--

Take a deep breath, take a walk, cool off, plot a bit, and serve again.



      
Date: 01 Jan 2009 15:12:06
From: Sakari Lund
Subject: Re: Sharapova out of Hong Kong...
On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 23:08:08 -0500, mimus <tinmimus99@hotmail.com >
wrote:

>On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 21:12:29 -0500, mimus wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 15:45:01 -0600, wendyg wrote:
>>
>>> In article
>>> <6e8c1e47-b450-423e-a73d-0c7c3b0ba6e6@r15g2000prd.googlegroups.com>,
>>> Sao_Paulo_Swallow@yahoo.com (Sao Paulo Swallow) wrote:
>>>
>>>> I can't remember: is she coming back from a major injury?
>>>> Otherwise ....
>>>
>>> Yes. She discovered mid-year that the shoulder trouble that had been
>>> bothering her was a tear and she'd been badly advised to keep playing
>>> after it happened in March/April. Fixing it is why she missed the US Open,
>>> the indoor circuit, and the YECs.
>>
>> Did she have a surgical repair? I don't remember any mention of that.
>>
>> And am a little dubious about non-surgical "therapy" (basically rest and
>> hopefully healing) of such things in such high-demand circumstances.
>>
>> And, really, IIRC, she's been fiddling with this problem for two or three
>> years.
>
>Ah and aha.
>
>Just in, from the Golden Girl's own website: "[S]he had arthroscopic
>surgery on her right shoulder two months ago."
>
>http://www.maria-sharapova.org/
>
>Seems like it took a long time to decide to do it, and that's pressing the
>AO pretty hard (considering that that shoulder is part of the power-
>transmission for the Sharapova serve and strokes), so, she looks dubious
>for the AO to me.
>
>And, frankly, I'd rather see her skip the AO than press matters too far
>too fast.

The Hops contest will be the most difficult ever for both men and
women. I was hoping Sharapova would be in form, she would dominate the
current field like she did last year when Henin was even playing
still.



   
Date: 31 Dec 2008 18:52:06
From: m4816k
Subject: Re: Sharapova out of Hong Kong...
"Sao Paulo Swallow" <Sao_Paulo_Swallow@yahoo.com > wrote in message
news:6e8c1e47-b450-423e-a73d-0c7c3b0ba6e6@r15g2000prd.googlegroups.com...
On Dec 31, 9:11 am, "m4816k" <marijan.kovacevicREMOVET...@os.t-com.hr >
wrote:
> "Sao Paulo Swallow" <Sao_Paulo_Swal...@yahoo.com> wrote in
> messagenews:212a4f60-10c9-42b1-8758-97f9a1a08b6b@s9g2000prm.googlegroups.com...
> On Dec 31, 8:54 am, "m4816k" <marijan.kovacevicREMOVET...@os.t-com.hr>
> wrote:
>
> > ...AO still in question. Reports say she doesen't feel ready after just
> > two
> > weeks of practice.
>
> This is a joke, right?
>
> Nope, just read it on teletext, Croatian national tv.

I can't remember: is she coming back from a major injury?
Otherwise ....

Shoulder surgery.




  
Date: 31 Dec 2008 18:11:26
From: m4816k
Subject: Re: Sharapova out of Hong Kong...
"Sao Paulo Swallow" <Sao_Paulo_Swallow@yahoo.com > wrote in message
news:212a4f60-10c9-42b1-8758-97f9a1a08b6b@s9g2000prm.googlegroups.com...
On Dec 31, 8:54 am, "m4816k" <marijan.kovacevicREMOVET...@os.t-com.hr >
wrote:
> ...AO still in question. Reports say she doesen't feel ready after just
> two
> weeks of practice.

This is a joke, right?

Nope, just read it on teletext, Croatian national tv.