tennis-forum.net
Promoting tennis discussion.

Main
Date: 28 Jan 2009 13:54:53
From: Petter Solbu
Subject: Stefanki interview
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=3865636&categoryid=2491545

I have a feeling this could be more exciting than anyone expects in here.

PS.




 
Date: 28 Jan 2009 16:40:04
From: Hg
Subject: Re: Stefanki interview
On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 08:23:27 -0800, jasoncatlin1971 wrote:

> On Jan 28, 7:54 am, Petter Solbu <pettermann1...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=3865636&categoryid=2491545
>>
>> I have a feeling this could be more exciting than anyone expects in
>> here.
>>
>> PS.
>
> One thing we're surely not going to see is Andy blindly charging the net
> like he did two years ago. Stefanki's a smart guy and he knows Roddick
> can't beat Fed if Roger is at his best. Andy's only chance is to do what
> he does well (serve huge, be really consistent from the back, go for big
> forehands when the opportunity presents itself) and let the chips fall
> where they may.
>
> He knows if Andy serves well he'll be right in there with a chance to
> win any given set. If Roger is sloppy, maybe can get a break or win a
> tiebreaker and things could get interesting.

Too right. In addition, Federer in the past could never be blasted off the
court with speed/power. These days, if his form is ropey, he is vulnerable
to the ball mashers.

I suppose this could give an early indication if Fed is back to his best(as
some people are saying.) If Fed can easily wipe away Roddick then perhaps
he might be back to his best.


--
,/ \,
((___,---"""""---,___))
`-----)~ ~(-----`
'( \ / )'


 
Date: 28 Jan 2009 08:23:27
From:
Subject: Re: Stefanki interview
On Jan 28, 7:54=A0am, Petter Solbu <pettermann1...@hotmail.com > wrote:
> http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=3D3865636&categoryid=3D2491545
>
> I have a feeling this could be more exciting than anyone expects in here.
>
> PS.

One thing we're surely not going to see is Andy blindly charging the
net like he did two years ago. Stefanki's
a smart guy and he knows Roddick can't beat Fed if Roger is at his
best. Andy's only chance is to do what he does well (serve huge, be
really consistent from the back, go for big forehands when the
opportunity presents itself) and let the chips fall where they may.

He knows if Andy serves well he'll be right in there with a chance to
win any given set. If Roger is sloppy, maybe can get a break or win a
tiebreaker and things could get interesting.


 
Date: 28 Jan 2009 08:29:24
From:
Subject: Re: Stefanki interview
In article <EKadnd_ExqoCyB3U4p2dnAA@telenor.com >,
pettermann1984@hotmail.com (Petter Solbu) wrote:

>
> http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=3865636&categoryid=2491545
>
> I have a feeling this could be more exciting than anyone expects in
> here.
>
> PS.

Roddick has typically had his best results in the first six months after
changing coaches, no matter who the new coach is. He seems to get some
kind of energy boost from it. I thought he looked very good in his last
match.

Still expect Federer to win, though.

wg


  
Date: 28 Jan 2009 17:26:54
From: Sakari Lund
Subject: Re: Stefanki interview
On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 08:29:24 -0600, wendyg@cix.compulink.co.uk wrote:

>In article <EKadnd_ExqoCyB3U4p2dnAA@telenor.com>,
>pettermann1984@hotmail.com (Petter Solbu) wrote:
>
>>
>> http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=3865636&categoryid=2491545
>>
>> I have a feeling this could be more exciting than anyone expects in
>> here.
>>
>> PS.
>
>Roddick has typically had his best results in the first six months after
>changing coaches, no matter who the new coach is. He seems to get some
>kind of energy boost from it. I thought he looked very good in his last
>match.

Then he should change coaches every six months.


   
Date: 28 Jan 2009 16:12:20
From:
Subject: Re: Stefanki interview
In article <a9u0o49312bo5755c71pu09jj88sbcbvlo@4ax.com >,
sakari.lund@welho.com (Sakari Lund) wrote:

>
> On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 08:29:24 -0600, wendyg@cix.compulink.co.uk
> wrote:
>
> >In article <EKadnd_ExqoCyB3U4p2dnAA@telenor.com>,
> >pettermann1984@hotmail.com (Petter Solbu) wrote:
> >
> >>
> >> http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=3865636&categoryid=2491545
> >>
> >> I have a feeling this could be more exciting than anyone expects
> in >> here.
> >>
> >> PS.
> >
> >Roddick has typically had his best results in the first six months
> after >changing coaches, no matter who the new coach is. He seems
> to get some >kind of energy boost from it. I thought he looked very
> good in his last >match.
>
> Then he should change coaches every six months.

:)

wg


 
Date: 28 Jan 2009 13:06:09
From: Dave Hazelwood
Subject: Re: Stefanki interview
On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 13:54:53 +0100, Petter Solbu
<pettermann1984@hotmail.com > wrote:

>http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=3865636&categoryid=2491545
>
>I have a feeling this could be more exciting than anyone expects in here.
>
>PS.


I don't.

Kudos to Andy he has improved but this is a slam and Roger wants #14
so bye bye Andy. Maybe in the USO after Roger has bagged #15 he will
have a better chance.