tennis-forum.net
Promoting tennis discussion.

Main
Date: 27 Dec 2008 04:13:09
From: Fan
Subject: The Best Matches Of 2008
The Best Matches Of 2008

No. 5 =96 Andy Murray (GBR) d Richard Gasquet (FRA), Wimbledon fourth
round, 57 36 76(3) 62 64

No. 4 =96 Lleyton Hewitt (AUS) d Marcos Baghdatis (CYP), Australian Open
third round, 46 75 75 67(4) 63

No. 3 =96 Rafael Nadal (ESP) d Carlos Moya (ESP), Chennai Open
semifinals, 67(3) 76(8) 76(1)

No. 2 =96 Andy Murray (GBR) d Roger Federer (SUI), Tennis Masters Cup
Round Robin, 46 76(3) 75

No. 1 =96 Rafael Nadal (ESP) d Roger Federer (SUI), Wimbledon final, 64
64 67(5) 67(8) 97
---
Nadal and Murray shined in 2008. Federer and Djokovic had a good year
also.




 
Date: 30 Dec 2008 18:03:46
From: Gustav Bruckner
Subject: Re: The Best Matches Of 2008
On Dec 27, 6:13=A0am, Fan <Turnagain...@hotmail.com > wrote:
> The Best Matches Of 2008
>
> No. 5 =96 Andy Murray (GBR) d Richard Gasquet (FRA), Wimbledon fourth
> round, 57 36 76(3) 62 64
>
> No. 4 =96 Lleyton Hewitt (AUS) d Marcos Baghdatis (CYP), Australian Open
> third round, 46 75 75 67(4) 63
>
> No. 3 =96 Rafael Nadal (ESP) d Carlos Moya (ESP), Chennai Open
> semifinals, 67(3) 76(8) 76(1)
>
> No. 2 =96 Andy Murray (GBR) d Roger Federer (SUI), Tennis Masters Cup
> Round Robin, 46 76(3) 75
>
> No. 1 =96 Rafael Nadal (ESP) d Roger Federer (SUI), Wimbledon final, 64
> 64 67(5) 67(8) 97
> ---
> Nadal and Murray shined in 2008. Federer and Djokovic had a good year
> also.

Tsongas over Nadal in straight sets at the AO semi was the smackdown
of the year. But I'd say Nadal recovered pretty well.


 
Date: 28 Dec 2008 17:09:38
From: GM
Subject: Re: The Best Matches Of 2008
On Dec 27, 10:08=A0am, TT <g...@Olympics.org > wrote:
> Fan wrote:
> > On Dec 27, 4:38 pm, "Iceberg" <big_bad_iceb...@moc.oohay> wrote:
> >> "Fan" <Turnagain...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
> >>news:472d39d9-e91a-4424-a95f-d554b43702c4@r10g2000prf.googlegroups.com.=
..
> >> The Best Matches Of 2008
>
> >> No. 5 =96 Andy Murray (GBR) d Richard Gasquet (FRA), Wimbledon fourth
> >> round, 57 36 76(3) 62 64
>
> >> No. 4 =96 Lleyton Hewitt (AUS) d Marcos Baghdatis (CYP), Australian Op=
en
> >> third round, 46 75 75 67(4) 63
>
> >> No. 3 =96 Rafael Nadal (ESP) d Carlos Moya (ESP), Chennai Open
> >> semifinals, 67(3) 76(8) 76(1)
>
> >> No. 2 =96 Andy Murray (GBR) d Roger Federer (SUI), Tennis Masters Cup
> >> Round Robin, 46 76(3) 75
>
> >> No. 1 =96 Rafael Nadal (ESP) d Roger Federer (SUI), Wimbledon final, 6=
4
> >> 64 67(5) 67(8) 97
> >> ---
> >> Nadal and Murray shined in 2008. Federer and Djokovic had a good year

I noticed nobody mentions any women's matches. Wertheim in the SI blog
cites the Serena/Jankovic US Open final, which was a pretty good
match, but if that's what passes for best women's match of the year,
then it was a rather lackluster year for the women. And looking back
on it, it was.



 
Date: 27 Dec 2008 07:48:44
From: Fan
Subject: Re: The Best Matches Of 2008
On Dec 27, 4:38=A0pm, "Iceberg" <big_bad_iceb...@moc.oohay > wrote:
> "Fan" <Turnagain...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:472d39d9-e91a-4424-a95f-d554b43702c4@r10g2000prf.googlegroups.com...
> The Best Matches Of 2008
>
> No. 5 =96 Andy Murray (GBR) d Richard Gasquet (FRA), Wimbledon fourth
> round, 57 36 76(3) 62 64
>
> No. 4 =96 Lleyton Hewitt (AUS) d Marcos Baghdatis (CYP), Australian Open
> third round, 46 75 75 67(4) 63
>
> No. 3 =96 Rafael Nadal (ESP) d Carlos Moya (ESP), Chennai Open
> semifinals, 67(3) 76(8) 76(1)
>
> No. 2 =96 Andy Murray (GBR) d Roger Federer (SUI), Tennis Masters Cup
> Round Robin, 46 76(3) 75
>
> No. 1 =96 Rafael Nadal (ESP) d Roger Federer (SUI), Wimbledon final, 64
> 64 67(5) 67(8) 97
> ---
> Nadal and Murray shined in 2008. Federer and Djokovic had a good year
> also.
>
> That's a good list.

Got from atptennis.com


  
Date: 27 Dec 2008 18:08:59
From: TT
Subject: Re: The Best Matches Of 2008
Fan wrote:
> On Dec 27, 4:38 pm, "Iceberg" <big_bad_iceb...@moc.oohay> wrote:
>> "Fan" <Turnagain...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> news:472d39d9-e91a-4424-a95f-d554b43702c4@r10g2000prf.googlegroups.com...
>> The Best Matches Of 2008
>>
>> No. 5 Andy Murray (GBR) d Richard Gasquet (FRA), Wimbledon fourth
>> round, 57 36 76(3) 62 64
>>
>> No. 4 Lleyton Hewitt (AUS) d Marcos Baghdatis (CYP), Australian Open
>> third round, 46 75 75 67(4) 63
>>
>> No. 3 Rafael Nadal (ESP) d Carlos Moya (ESP), Chennai Open
>> semifinals, 67(3) 76(8) 76(1)
>>
>> No. 2 Andy Murray (GBR) d Roger Federer (SUI), Tennis Masters Cup
>> Round Robin, 46 76(3) 75
>>
>> No. 1 Rafael Nadal (ESP) d Roger Federer (SUI), Wimbledon final, 64
>> 64 67(5) 67(8) 97
>> ---
>> Nadal and Murray shined in 2008. Federer and Djokovic had a good year
>> also.
>>
>> That's a good list.
>
> Got from atptennis.com

I'm surprised someone else than myself saw Nadal-Moya Chennai match. I
think I rated it as 2nd best match of the year myself. Perhaps they
copied me? ;)

--
"Now I have so many dreams to chase - the French Open, an Olympic
singles gold medal in London in 2012, the Davis Cup for Switzerland"


 
Date: 27 Dec 2008 15:38:31
From: Iceberg
Subject: Re: The Best Matches Of 2008
"Fan" <TurnagainArm@hotmail.com > wrote in message
news:472d39d9-e91a-4424-a95f-d554b43702c4@r10g2000prf.googlegroups.com...
The Best Matches Of 2008

No. 5 Andy Murray (GBR) d Richard Gasquet (FRA), Wimbledon fourth
round, 57 36 76(3) 62 64

No. 4 Lleyton Hewitt (AUS) d Marcos Baghdatis (CYP), Australian Open
third round, 46 75 75 67(4) 63

No. 3 Rafael Nadal (ESP) d Carlos Moya (ESP), Chennai Open
semifinals, 67(3) 76(8) 76(1)

No. 2 Andy Murray (GBR) d Roger Federer (SUI), Tennis Masters Cup
Round Robin, 46 76(3) 75

No. 1 Rafael Nadal (ESP) d Roger Federer (SUI), Wimbledon final, 64
64 67(5) 67(8) 97
---
Nadal and Murray shined in 2008. Federer and Djokovic had a good year
also.

That's a good list.