tennis-forum.net
Promoting tennis discussion.

Main
Date: 21 Jan 2009 15:37:35
From: DavidW
Subject: Tough match for JJ
Once again none of three channels showed her, but she won 6-4 7-5. She was not
very impressive in the 1st round. She needs to be in better form than this.







 
Date: 20 Jan 2009 23:42:46
From: mimus
Subject: Re: Tough match for JJ
On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 15:37:35 +1100, DavidW wrote:

> Once again none of three channels showed her, but she won 6-4 7-5. She was not
> very impressive in the 1st round. She needs to be in better form than this.

She's having wheel trouble. Shoes or feet or both. Which is, of course,
very serious for her game.

Nonetheless, I thought the scoreline owed more to Flipkens' being quite
good, with an all-court game, although not doing enough on (supposed)
putaways and the big points, especially against a court-monster like
Jankovic.

She'll learn.

--

Take a deep breath, take a walk, cool off, plot a bit, and serve again.



  
Date: 21 Jan 2009 16:16:49
From: Sakari Lund
Subject: Re: Tough match for JJ
On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 23:42:46 -0500, mimus <tinmimus99@hotmail.com >
wrote:

>On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 15:37:35 +1100, DavidW wrote:
>
>> Once again none of three channels showed her, but she won 6-4 7-5. She was not
>> very impressive in the 1st round. She needs to be in better form than this.
>
>She's having wheel trouble. Shoes or feet or both. Which is, of course,
>very serious for her game.
>
>Nonetheless, I thought the scoreline owed more to Flipkens' being quite
>good, with an all-court game, although not doing enough on (supposed)
>putaways and the big points, especially against a court-monster like
>Jankovic.
>
>She'll learn.

Belgian Female Tennis Players are always tough opponents.

Although Jankovic played badly what I saw of the match.


   
Date: 22 Jan 2009 08:06:52
From: DavidW
Subject: Re: Tough match for JJ
Sakari Lund wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 23:42:46 -0500, mimus <tinmimus99@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 15:37:35 +1100, DavidW wrote:
>>
>>> Once again none of three channels showed her, but she won 6-4 7-5.
>>> She was not very impressive in the 1st round. She needs to be in
>>> better form than this.
>>
>> She's having wheel trouble. Shoes or feet or both. Which is, of
>> course, very serious for her game.
>>
>> Nonetheless, I thought the scoreline owed more to Flipkens' being
>> quite good, with an all-court game, although not doing enough on
>> (supposed) putaways and the big points, especially against a
>> court-monster like Jankovic.
>>
>> She'll learn.
>
> Belgian Female Tennis Players are always tough opponents.

Oh, yeah. Forgot that.





  
Date: 21 Jan 2009 16:04:09
From: DavidW
Subject: Re: Tough match for JJ
mimus wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 15:37:35 +1100, DavidW wrote:
>
>> Once again none of three channels showed her, but she won 6-4 7-5.
>> She was not very impressive in the 1st round. She needs to be in
>> better form than this.
>
> She's having wheel trouble. Shoes or feet or both. Which is, of
> course, very serious for her game.

She said that a new company is providing all her clothes, including her shoes.
I hope that doesn't turn out to be like changing your racquet.





   
Date: 21 Jan 2009 19:29:09
From: Whisper
Subject: Re: Tough match for JJ
DavidW wrote:
> mimus wrote:
>> On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 15:37:35 +1100, DavidW wrote:
>>
>>> Once again none of three channels showed her, but she won 6-4 7-5.
>>> She was not very impressive in the 1st round. She needs to be in
>>> better form than this.
>> She's having wheel trouble. Shoes or feet or both. Which is, of
>> course, very serious for her game.
>
> She said that a new company is providing all her clothes, including her shoes.



I heard she signed the richest endorsement deal in history? Anyone
confirm that?


   
Date: 21 Jan 2009 00:08:36
From: mimus
Subject: Re: Tough match for JJ
On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 16:04:09 +1100, DavidW wrote:

> mimus wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 15:37:35 +1100, DavidW wrote:
>>
>>> Once again none of three channels showed her, but she won 6-4 7-5.
>>> She was not very impressive in the 1st round. She needs to be in
>>> better form than this.
>>
>> She's having wheel trouble. Shoes or feet or both. Which is, of
>> course, very serious for her game.
>
> She said that a new company is providing all her clothes, including her shoes.
> I hope that doesn't turn out to be like changing your racquet.

With her and Dementieva and some-a the Little Babes, I'd say being at
peace with yer shoes is as important as with yer racket.

You'd hate to break a new pair in during a tourney, for sure.

Which raises the interesting question of when and how these players _do_
break in their new shoes-- you know they must go through multiple pairs
per season, maybe per month.

Lots of tape implied there.

--

Take a deep breath, take a walk, cool off, plot a bit, and serve again.



    
Date: 21 Jan 2009 16:23:17
From: DavidW
Subject: Re: Tough match for JJ
mimus wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 16:04:09 +1100, DavidW wrote:
>
>> mimus wrote:
>>
>>> On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 15:37:35 +1100, DavidW wrote:
>>>
>>>> Once again none of three channels showed her, but she won 6-4 7-5.
>>>> She was not very impressive in the 1st round. She needs to be in
>>>> better form than this.
>>>
>>> She's having wheel trouble. Shoes or feet or both. Which is, of
>>> course, very serious for her game.
>>
>> She said that a new company is providing all her clothes, including
>> her shoes. I hope that doesn't turn out to be like changing your
>> racquet.
>
> With her and Dementieva and some-a the Little Babes, I'd say being at
> peace with yer shoes is as important as with yer racket.

Maybe I'm ignorant, but it seems strange that a company that designs dresses
would also design shoes. Specialist shoe manufacturers normally provide the
players' shoes.