tennis-forum.net
Promoting tennis discussion.

Main
Date: 21 Jan 2009 18:34:59
From:
Subject: Towels, wrist and headbands...
Why are the players so cheap?
Why don't they throw a couple of spare rackets into the stands?

What would you rather have?




 
Date: 22 Jan 2009 10:01:06
From: andrew.reys@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Towels, wrist and headbands...
On Jan 22, 4:25 am, Javier Gonzalez <ja.gon....@gmmmmail.com > wrote:
> John Doe <j...@usenetlove.invalid> wrote:
> > google3luo...@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> >> Why don't they throw a couple of spare rackets into the stands?
>
> >> What would you rather have?
>
> > Surely some others know better, but I would guess the obvious... they
> > do not want to risk hurting anyone and then being sued. Still, I
> > suppose they could hand a racket to someone.
>
> When Rios got to #1 beating Agassi at KB, he threw the racquet into the
> stands... general reaction was "look out! :D"

Really? I don't recall this at all, but it sounds hysterical. I'd love
to see Safin start flinging racquets into stands when angry, rather
than into the ground. Would certainly make his matches that much more
entertaining.


  
Date: 22 Jan 2009 15:12:25
From: Javier Gonzalez
Subject: Re: Towels, wrist and headbands...
andrew.reys@gmail.com <andrew.reys@gmail.com > wrote:
> On Jan 22, 4:25 am, Javier Gonzalez <ja.gon....@gmmmmail.com> wrote:
>> John Doe <j...@usenetlove.invalid> wrote:
>> > google3luo...@yahoo.com wrote:
>>
>> >> Why don't they throw a couple of spare rackets into the stands?
>>
>> >> What would you rather have?
>>
>> > Surely some others know better, but I would guess the obvious... they
>> > do not want to risk hurting anyone and then being sued. Still, I
>> > suppose they could hand a racket to someone.
>>
>> When Rios got to #1 beating Agassi at KB, he threw the racquet into the
>> stands... general reaction was "look out! :D"
>
> Really? I don't recall this at all, but it sounds hysterical. I'd love
> to see Safin start flinging racquets into stands when angry, rather
> than into the ground. Would certainly make his matches that much more
> entertaining.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCYVSeABX1Q

You can't see the crowd reaction, but that racquet went reaaaally high :)


 
Date: 21 Jan 2009 19:47:27
From:
Subject: Re: Towels, wrist and headbands...
On Jan 21, 9:51=A0pm, John Doe <j...@usenetlove.invalid > wrote:
> google3luo...@yahoo.com wrote:

> Surely some others know better, but I would guess the obvious... they
> do not want to risk hurting anyone and then being sued. Still, I
> suppose they could hand a racket to someone.


I wasn't thinking of whipping a racket into the stands.

But rather tossing it underhand, gently, with the people waiting in
anticipation.

I think getting hit by a baseball or golf ball would be much nastier.


  
Date: 22 Jan 2009 04:15:46
From: John Doe
Subject: Re: Towels, wrist and headbands...
google3luo359 yahoo.com wrote:

...

> I wasn't thinking of whipping a racket into the stands.
>
> But rather tossing it underhand, gently, with the people waiting
> in anticipation.

I am sure they will like you better.
"Somewhere, over the rainbow... la la la"


--
Land Skis (rough terrain skates). The first rollerblades with a big
front wheel and small trailing wheels, to help roll over obstacles
while maintaining a low stance.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27532210 N04/3056505603


 
Date: 22 Jan 2009 02:51:44
From: John Doe
Subject: Re: Towels, wrist and headbands...
google3luo359@yahoo.com wrote:

> Why don't they throw a couple of spare rackets into the stands?
>
> What would you rather have?

Surely some others know better, but I would guess the obvious... they
do not want to risk hurting anyone and then being sued. Still, I
suppose they could hand a racket to someone.


  
Date: 22 Jan 2009 09:25:32
From: Javier Gonzalez
Subject: Re: Towels, wrist and headbands...
John Doe <jdoe@usenetlove.invalid > wrote:
> google3luo359@yahoo.com wrote:
>
>> Why don't they throw a couple of spare rackets into the stands?
>>
>> What would you rather have?
>
> Surely some others know better, but I would guess the obvious... they
> do not want to risk hurting anyone and then being sued. Still, I
> suppose they could hand a racket to someone.

When Rios got to #1 beating Agassi at KB, he threw the racquet into the
stands... general reaction was "look out! :D"