tennis-forum.net
Promoting tennis discussion.

Main
Date: 05 Feb 2009 20:36:00
From: wkhedr
Subject: What is Paul Annacone doing these days?
Is he coaching any one? I feel that Paul Annacone is the right man
that can help Federer.
He seems to have the right mind and personality that can re-wire
Federer's head plus he worked with Sampras and knows how to steal wins
and slams when the player is getting gold.





 
Date: 06 Feb 2009 23:44:06
From: john
Subject: Re: What is Paul Annacone doing these days?

"wkhedr" <wkhedr@my-deja.com > wrote in message
news:2e7a016b-abd8-45a5-b42a-ab248ff9d232@n33g2000pri.googlegroups.com...
> Is he coaching any one? I feel that Paul Annacone is the right man
> that can help Federer.
> He seems to have the right mind and personality that can re-wire
> Federer's head plus he worked with Sampras and knows how to steal wins
> and slams when the player is getting gold.
>

If you want Federer to learn how to volley or chip and charge then I guess
there are
better guys around than Annacone. Annacone's own chip and charge game was
more
like bluff and charge. Sampras certainly did not steal many slams from the
Hewitt and
Safin generation under Annacone.




 
Date: 06 Feb 2009 03:54:51
From: MBDunc
Subject: Re: What is Paul Annacone doing these days?


wkhedr kirjoitti:
> Is he coaching any one? I feel that Paul Annacone is the right man
> that can help Federer.
> He seems to have the right mind and personality that can re-wire
> Federer's head plus he worked with Sampras and knows how to steal wins
> and slams when the player is getting gold.

Well was it Annacone influence which:

a) Shifted Pete from 2 slam/year mode into 1 slam/year mode.
b) Completely toileted Pete's already narrow FO chances.

I have often though had Pete kept his pre 97 game (more allcourt) he
would have had even more succee. Especially considering how poor
Pete's 97-98 competition was.

.mikko


 
Date: 06 Feb 2009 01:33:06
From: Professor X
Subject: Re: What is Paul Annacone doing these days?
On Feb 6, 9:31=A0am, ghell666 <matt.tip...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On 6 Feb, 04:36, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com> wrote:
>
> > Is he coaching any one? =A0I feel that Paul Annacone is the right man
> > that can help Federer.
> > He seems to have the right mind and personality that can re-wire
> > Federer's head plus he worked with Sampras and knows how to steal wins
> > and slams when the player is getting gold.
>
> He also worked with Henman..
>
> I dont think hes the right guy, =A0I think Fed would do better with
> someone close to his age he could relate too almost have as friend but
> also respect.
>
> Agassi comes to mind as somoene who could help him be far more patient
> but Agassi never has bad badckhans - in fact opposite.. but Agassi did
> have great return which is one area Roger defintely needs to work
> on ..

+ fitness???

rog looked fried in 5th set, whether that was just mental i dk........
I think fed could for sure benefit by getting stronger Agassi could
help w/that...


 
Date: 06 Feb 2009 01:32:26
From: ghell666
Subject: Re: What is Paul Annacone doing these days?
On 6 Feb, 09:31, ghell666 <matt.tip...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On 6 Feb, 04:36, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com> wrote:
>
> > Is he coaching any one? =A0I feel that Paul Annacone is the right man
> > that can help Federer.
> > He seems to have the right mind and personality that can re-wire
> > Federer's head plus he worked with Sampras and knows how to steal wins
> > and slams when the player is getting gold.
>
> He also worked with Henman..
>
> I dont think hes the right guy, =A0I think Fed would do better with
> someone close to his age he could relate too almost have as friend but
> also respect.
>
> Agassi comes to mind as somoene who could help him be far more patient
> but Agassi never has bad badckhans - in fact opposite.. but Agassi did
> have great return which is one area Roger defintely needs to work
> on ..

Agassi and Gil Reyes working together with him wouldnt be a bad combo
either given their past relationship ..



  
Date: 07 Feb 2009 10:57:50
From:
Subject: Re: What is Paul Annacone doing these days?
In article
<219fc451-b29c-4a2c-97c6-0e9c99ca81a6@q30g2000prq.googlegroups.com >,
matt.tippen@gmail.com (ghell666) wrote:

>
> Agassi and Gil Reyes working together with him wouldnt be a bad
> combo
> either given their past relationship ..
>

Reyes was working with Verdasco over the Christmas break, and Agassi
apparently took time out from skiing to sit down with Verdasco and give
him a couple of hours' worth of advice.

wg


 
Date: 06 Feb 2009 01:31:00
From: ghell666
Subject: Re: What is Paul Annacone doing these days?
On 6 Feb, 04:36, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com > wrote:
> Is he coaching any one? =A0I feel that Paul Annacone is the right man
> that can help Federer.
> He seems to have the right mind and personality that can re-wire
> Federer's head plus he worked with Sampras and knows how to steal wins
> and slams when the player is getting gold.

He also worked with Henman..

I dont think hes the right guy, I think Fed would do better with
someone close to his age he could relate too almost have as friend but
also respect.

Agassi comes to mind as somoene who could help him be far more patient
but Agassi never has bad badckhans - in fact opposite.. but Agassi did
have great return which is one area Roger defintely needs to work
on ..



 
Date: 06 Feb 2009 01:29:12
From: Professor X
Subject: Re: What is Paul Annacone doing these days?
On Feb 6, 9:15=A0am, "*skriptis" <skrip...@post.t-com.hr > wrote:
> Professor X wrote:
> > On Feb 6, 4:42 am, "*skriptis" <skrip...@post.t-com.hr> wrote:
> >> wkhedr wrote:
> >>> Is he coaching any one? I feel that Paul Annacone is the right man
> >>> that can help Federer.
> >>> He seems to have the right mind and personality that can re-wire
> >>> Federer's head plus he worked with Sampras and knows how to steal
> >>> wins and slams when the player is getting gold.
>
> >> I think there was a paragraph in their contract which forbids
> >> Annacone to coach anyone who could have a shot at some of the
> >> Sampras' record, but I am not sure.
>
> >> Anyone knows more?
>
> > that sounds utterly ridiculous, how could a contract like that exist??
> > I highly doubt that is true.
>
> > However, I doubt annacone would be the man for the job. He'd probably
> > just make fed try and use his overrated volleys a bit more --- big
> > mistake.
> > I doubt Annacone would WANT to do it either, having been with samp for
> > so long.
>
> But was he that long with Sampras?
> Only 5 years I believe...

5 years is a long time for a coach esp these days...

ie gibert couldn't manage 2 years with Roddick or murray
Stefanki has prob been with 5 players in 5 years!!!
Rasheed gets about a bit...

5 years is a long time

besides i thought it was more like 6 and ahalf I dk... would have to
verify.


  
Date: 06 Feb 2009 11:45:46
From: *skriptis
Subject: Re: What is Paul Annacone doing these days?
Professor X wrote:
> On Feb 6, 9:15 am, "*skriptis" <skrip...@post.t-com.hr> wrote:
>> Professor X wrote:
>>> On Feb 6, 4:42 am, "*skriptis" <skrip...@post.t-com.hr> wrote:
>>>> wkhedr wrote:
>>>>> Is he coaching any one? I feel that Paul Annacone is the right man
>>>>> that can help Federer.
>>>>> He seems to have the right mind and personality that can re-wire
>>>>> Federer's head plus he worked with Sampras and knows how to steal
>>>>> wins and slams when the player is getting gold.
>>
>>>> I think there was a paragraph in their contract which forbids
>>>> Annacone to coach anyone who could have a shot at some of the
>>>> Sampras' record, but I am not sure.
>>
>>>> Anyone knows more?
>>
>>> that sounds utterly ridiculous, how could a contract like that
>>> exist?? I highly doubt that is true.
>>
>>> However, I doubt annacone would be the man for the job. He'd
>>> probably just make fed try and use his overrated volleys a bit more
>>> --- big mistake.
>>> I doubt Annacone would WANT to do it either, having been with samp
>>> for so long.
>>
>> But was he that long with Sampras?
>> Only 5 years I believe...
>
> 5 years is a long time for a coach esp these days...
>
> ie gibert couldn't manage 2 years with Roddick or murray
> Stefanki has prob been with 5 players in 5 years!!!
> Rasheed gets about a bit...
>
> 5 years is a long time
>
> besides i thought it was more like 6 and ahalf I dk... would have to
> verify.


6 is more likely, yes, but I got the impression that your point was how
"Annacone is fed up with coaching".











 
Date: 06 Feb 2009 01:03:02
From:
Subject: Re: What is Paul Annacone doing these days?
On Feb 6, 4:36=A0am, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com > wrote:
> Is he coaching any one? =A0I feel that Paul Annacone is the right man
> that can help Federer.
> He seems to have the right mind and personality that can re-wire
> Federer's head plus he worked with Sampras and knows how to steal wins
> and slams when the player is getting gold.

He's working with the British LTA to develop their players - he has
another year or two on his contract with them.



  
Date: 06 Feb 2009 10:16:43
From: *skriptis
Subject: Re: What is Paul Annacone doing these days?
gregorawe@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Feb 6, 4:36 am, wkhedr <wkh...@my-deja.com> wrote:
>> Is he coaching any one? I feel that Paul Annacone is the right man
>> that can help Federer.
>> He seems to have the right mind and personality that can re-wire
>> Federer's head plus he worked with Sampras and knows how to steal
>> wins and slams when the player is getting gold.
>
> He's working with the British LTA to develop their players - he has
> another year or two on his contract with them.

Just in time when Federer really gets old.




 
Date: 06 Feb 2009 01:00:34
From: Professor X
Subject: Re: What is Paul Annacone doing these days?
On Feb 6, 4:42=A0am, "*skriptis" <skrip...@post.t-com.hr > wrote:
> wkhedr wrote:
> > Is he coaching any one? =A0I feel that Paul Annacone is the right man
> > that can help Federer.
> > He seems to have the right mind and personality that can re-wire
> > Federer's head plus he worked with Sampras and knows how to steal wins
> > and slams when the player is getting gold.
>
> I think there was a paragraph in their contract which forbids Annacone to
> coach anyone who could have a shot at some of the Sampras' record, but I =
am
> not sure.
>
> Anyone knows more?

that sounds utterly ridiculous, how could a contract like that exist??
I highly doubt that is true.

However, I doubt annacone would be the man for the job. He'd probably
just make fed try and use his overrated volleys a bit more --- big
mistake.
I doubt Annacone would WANT to do it either, having been with samp for
so long.


  
Date: 06 Feb 2009 10:15:43
From: *skriptis
Subject: Re: What is Paul Annacone doing these days?
Professor X wrote:
> On Feb 6, 4:42 am, "*skriptis" <skrip...@post.t-com.hr> wrote:
>> wkhedr wrote:
>>> Is he coaching any one? I feel that Paul Annacone is the right man
>>> that can help Federer.
>>> He seems to have the right mind and personality that can re-wire
>>> Federer's head plus he worked with Sampras and knows how to steal
>>> wins and slams when the player is getting gold.
>>
>> I think there was a paragraph in their contract which forbids
>> Annacone to coach anyone who could have a shot at some of the
>> Sampras' record, but I am not sure.
>>
>> Anyone knows more?
>
> that sounds utterly ridiculous, how could a contract like that exist??
> I highly doubt that is true.
>
> However, I doubt annacone would be the man for the job. He'd probably
> just make fed try and use his overrated volleys a bit more --- big
> mistake.
> I doubt Annacone would WANT to do it either, having been with samp for
> so long.




But was he that long with Sampras?
Only 5 years I believe...




   
Date: 06 Feb 2009 17:23:23
From: jdeluise
Subject: Re: What is Paul Annacone doing these days?

On 6-Feb-2009, "*skriptis" <skriptis@post.t-com.hr > wrote:

>
> But was he that long with Sampras?
> Only 5 years I believe...

When you say five years do you mean he is in the 5th year of coaching? Or
does that only work with birthdays?


    
Date: 06 Feb 2009 21:17:02
From: *skriptis
Subject: Re: What is Paul Annacone doing these days?
jdeluise wrote:
> On 6-Feb-2009, "*skriptis" <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> wrote:
>
>>
>> But was he that long with Sampras?
>> Only 5 years I believe...
>
> When you say five years do you mean he is in the 5th year of
> coaching? Or does that only work with birthdays?

Only birthdays




     
Date: 06 Feb 2009 22:35:57
From: jdeluise
Subject: Re: What is Paul Annacone doing these days?

On 6-Feb-2009, "*skriptis" <skriptis@post.t-com.hr > wrote:

> jdeluise wrote:
> > On 6-Feb-2009, "*skriptis" <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> wrote:
> >
> >>
> >> But was he that long with Sampras?
> >> Only 5 years I believe...
> >
> > When you say five years do you mean he is in the 5th year of
> > coaching? Or does that only work with birthdays?
>
> Only birthdays

That is an interesting distinction. Out of curiosity, any idea why that is?


      
Date: 07 Feb 2009 04:19:48
From: *skriptis
Subject: Re: What is Paul Annacone doing these days?

"jdeluise" <jdeluise@gmail.com > wrote in message
news:LX2jl.91$VT3.88@newsfe25.iad...
>
> On 6-Feb-2009, "*skriptis" <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> wrote:
>
>> jdeluise wrote:
>> > On 6-Feb-2009, "*skriptis" <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> wrote:
>> >
>> >>
>> >> But was he that long with Sampras?
>> >> Only 5 years I believe...
>> >
>> > When you say five years do you mean he is in the 5th year of
>> > coaching? Or does that only work with birthdays?
>>
>> Only birthdays
>
> That is an interesting distinction. Out of curiosity, any idea why that
> is?


at 62
http://www.spinner.com/2009/02/04/cramps-frontman-lux-interior-dies-at-62/

in the 63rd
http://tinyurl.com/c8ezgg





      
Date: 06 Feb 2009 23:45:24
From: *skriptis
Subject: Re: What is Paul Annacone doing these days?

"jdeluise" <jdeluise@gmail.com > wrote in message
news:LX2jl.91$VT3.88@newsfe25.iad...
>
> On 6-Feb-2009, "*skriptis" <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> wrote:
>
>> jdeluise wrote:
>> > On 6-Feb-2009, "*skriptis" <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> wrote:
>> >
>> >>
>> >> But was he that long with Sampras?
>> >> Only 5 years I believe...
>> >
>> > When you say five years do you mean he is in the 5th year of
>> > coaching? Or does that only work with birthdays?
>>
>> Only birthdays
>
> That is an interesting distinction. Out of curiosity, any idea why that
> is?

The period in which Annacone was coaching him is finished, life otoh, is an
ongoing process.




       
Date: 06 Feb 2009 22:45:45
From: jdeluise
Subject: Re: What is Paul Annacone doing these days?

On 6-Feb-2009, "*skriptis" <skriptis@post.t-com.hr > wrote:

> "jdeluise" <jdeluise@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:LX2jl.91$VT3.88@newsfe25.iad...
> >
> > On 6-Feb-2009, "*skriptis" <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> wrote:
> >
> >> jdeluise wrote:
> >> > On 6-Feb-2009, "*skriptis" <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> wrote:
> >> >
> >> >>
> >> >> But was he that long with Sampras?
> >> >> Only 5 years I believe...
> >> >
> >> > When you say five years do you mean he is in the 5th year of
> >> > coaching? Or does that only work with birthdays?
> >>
> >> Only birthdays
> >
> > That is an interesting distinction. Out of curiosity, any idea why that
> >
> > is?
>
> The period in which Annacone was coaching him is finished, life otoh, is
> an
> ongoing process.

OK so during the time he was coaching him you would have said it the other
way?


        
Date: 07 Feb 2009 01:05:57
From: *skriptis
Subject: Re: What is Paul Annacone doing these days?

"jdeluise" <jdeluise@gmail.com > wrote in message
news:X43jl.92$VT3.11@newsfe25.iad...
>
> On 6-Feb-2009, "*skriptis" <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> wrote:
>
>> "jdeluise" <jdeluise@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:LX2jl.91$VT3.88@newsfe25.iad...
>> >
>> > On 6-Feb-2009, "*skriptis" <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> wrote:
>> >
>> >> jdeluise wrote:
>> >> > On 6-Feb-2009, "*skriptis" <skriptis@post.t-com.hr> wrote:
>> >> >
>> >> >>
>> >> >> But was he that long with Sampras?
>> >> >> Only 5 years I believe...
>> >> >
>> >> > When you say five years do you mean he is in the 5th year of
>> >> > coaching? Or does that only work with birthdays?
>> >>
>> >> Only birthdays
>> >
>> > That is an interesting distinction. Out of curiosity, any idea why
>> > that
>> >
>> > is?
>>
>> The period in which Annacone was coaching him is finished, life otoh, is
>> an
>> ongoing process.
>
> OK so during the time he was coaching him you would have said it the other
> way?

Depends when, but essentially yes.




 
Date: 06 Feb 2009 04:45:15
From: Stapler
Subject: Re: What is Paul Annacone doing these days?
"wkhedr" <wkhedr@my-deja.com > wrote in message
news:2e7a016b-abd8-45a5-b42a-ab248ff9d232@n33g2000pri.googlegroups.com...
> Is he coaching any one? I feel that Paul Annacone is the right man
> that can help Federer.
> He seems to have the right mind and personality that can re-wire
> Federer's head plus he worked with Sampras and knows how to steal wins
> and slams when the player is getting gold.
>


Fed needs somebody younger, no need to continue recycling the 90s coaches.



 
Date: 06 Feb 2009 05:42:26
From: *skriptis
Subject: Re: What is Paul Annacone doing these days?
wkhedr wrote:
> Is he coaching any one? I feel that Paul Annacone is the right man
> that can help Federer.
> He seems to have the right mind and personality that can re-wire
> Federer's head plus he worked with Sampras and knows how to steal wins
> and slams when the player is getting gold.


I think there was a paragraph in their contract which forbids Annacone to
coach anyone who could have a shot at some of the Sampras' record, but I am
not sure.

Anyone knows more?