tennis-forum.net
Promoting tennis discussion.

Main
Date: 28 Dec 2008 05:23:48
From: Quincy
Subject: Who shares my opinion that after the stabbing incident nothing,
A huge yawner since those days.




 
Date: 29 Dec 2008 09:11:55
From: Calimero
Subject: Re: Who shares my opinion that after the stabbing incident nothing,
On Dec 28, 2:23=A0pm, Quincy <ab...@email.de > wrote:
> A huge yawner since those days.

I don't think so.
Wimbledon 93, USO 94, Wimbledon 1995, USO 1995, FO 96 and FO 99 had
memorable finals.

Let me guess - you are American?


Max


  
Date: 30 Dec 2008 08:53:25
From: dixon
Subject: Re: Who shares my opinion that after the stabbing incident nothing,
On 30 Dec, 00:09, gregor...@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Dec 29, 11:53=A0pm, wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk wrote:
>
>
>
> > In article
> > <bc1b297f-e56c-45a2-855b-2b18b0c23...@r10g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
>
> > calimero...@gmx.de (Calimero) wrote:
> > > On Dec 28, 2:23=A0pm, Quincy <ab...@email.de> wrote:
> > > > A huge yawner since those days.
>
> > > I don't think so.
> > > Wimbledon 93, USO 94, Wimbledon 1995, USO 1995, FO 96 and FO 99 had
> > > memorable finals.
>
> > > Let me guess - =A0you are American?
>
> > You don't think those were memorable finals? All were tense three-set
> > matches featuring a lot of great play. Graf even won almost all of them=
,
> > so I don't understand your complaint.
>
> > The Wimbledon 1995 and FO 1996 finals are considered great classics.
>
> > wg
>
> Er, I think he's saying they *were* memorable finals.

Quincy is a fuckin peabrain. No correction "He has'nt got a fuckin
brain" It's sponge cake!.


  
Date: 29 Dec 2008 16:09:56
From:
Subject: Re: Who shares my opinion that after the stabbing incident nothing,
On Dec 29, 11:53=A0pm, wen...@cix.compulink.co.uk wrote:
> In article
> <bc1b297f-e56c-45a2-855b-2b18b0c23...@r10g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
>
> calimero...@gmx.de (Calimero) wrote:
> > On Dec 28, 2:23=A0pm, Quincy <ab...@email.de> wrote:
> > > A huge yawner since those days.
>
> > I don't think so.
> > Wimbledon 93, USO 94, Wimbledon 1995, USO 1995, FO 96 and FO 99 had
> > memorable finals.
>
> > Let me guess - =A0you are American?
>
> You don't think those were memorable finals? All were tense three-set
> matches featuring a lot of great play. Graf even won almost all of them,
> so I don't understand your complaint.
>
> The Wimbledon 1995 and FO 1996 finals are considered great classics.
>
> wg

Er, I think he's saying they *were* memorable finals.



  
Date: 29 Dec 2008 17:53:45
From:
Subject: Re: Who shares my opinion that after the stabbing incident nothing,
In article
<bc1b297f-e56c-45a2-855b-2b18b0c237e9@r10g2000prf.googlegroups.com >,
calimero377@gmx.de (Calimero) wrote:

> On Dec 28, 2:23 pm, Quincy <ab...@email.de> wrote:
> > A huge yawner since those days.
>
> I don't think so.
> Wimbledon 93, USO 94, Wimbledon 1995, USO 1995, FO 96 and FO 99 had
> memorable finals.
>
> Let me guess - you are American?

You don't think those were memorable finals? All were tense three-set
matches featuring a lot of great play. Graf even won almost all of them,
so I don't understand your complaint.

The Wimbledon 1995 and FO 1996 finals are considered great classics.

wg


  
Date: 29 Dec 2008 21:47:39
From: TT
Subject: Re: Who shares my opinion that after the stabbing incident nothing,
Calimero wrote:
> On Dec 28, 2:23 pm, Quincy <ab...@email.de> wrote:
>> A huge yawner since those days.
>
> I don't think so.
> Wimbledon 93, USO 94, Wimbledon 1995, USO 1995, FO 96 and FO 99 had
> memorable finals.
>
> Let me guess - you are American?
>
>
> Max

Let me guess - You're an idiot?

I found years with Hingis, Seles, Williamses and Davenport were most
interesting to follow. 1997-2002. I never met anyone who liked watching
Steffi...here in America...


--
"Now I have so many dreams to chase - the French Open, an Olympic
singles gold medal in London in 2012, the Davis Cup for Switzerland"


 
Date: 28 Dec 2008 13:13:16
From: Raja
Subject: Re: Who shares my opinion that after the stabbing incident nothing,
On 28 Dec, 19:10, Gordon Cameron <gcame...@neteze.com > wrote:
> On Dec 28, 8:06=A0am, Raja <zepflo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 28 Dec, 13:23, Quincy <ab...@email.de> wrote:
>
> > > A huge yawner since those days.
>
> > I think some of the best things to come out of tennis have been Evert,
> > Graf, Hingis, Kournikova, Sharapova and Ivanovic. On the contrary ever
> > since Sampras took over, mens tennis has been incredibly boring.
>
> I love how you hate Sampras so much you'll blame him for the state of
> the game six years after he retired, at a time when basically nobody
> plays the way he did... =A0Actually, they all play more like Lendl,
> don't they?

yes they do play like Lendl, THE MOST influencial tennis player ever.
That is to his credit. What is boring these days is a lack of
personality on tour, not the tennis really. Even in Sampras era, there
was some interesting tennis, but he singlehandedly sucked the fun out
of the game by giving nothing to the audiences. Unfortunately most
current players seem to follow his personality, rather than his tennis
style, which even though was monotonous was at least somewhat
attacking.


 
Date: 28 Dec 2008 11:11:58
From: Gordon Cameron
Subject: Re: Who shares my opinion that after the stabbing incident nothing,
On Dec 28, 5:23=A0am, Quincy <ab...@email.de > wrote:
> A huge yawner since those days.

Maybe we haven't had a rivalry to equal Graf/Seles in the years since,
but there's been plenty of good tennis along the way. Serena's run in
'02-'03 was historic, and she as well as Henin have been major
talents. Plus, Ivanovic is arguably the prettiest top-level player
since, well, pretty much ever. So I always enjoy watching her.


 
Date: 28 Dec 2008 11:10:50
From: Gordon Cameron
Subject: Re: Who shares my opinion that after the stabbing incident nothing,
On Dec 28, 8:06=A0am, Raja <zepflo...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On 28 Dec, 13:23, Quincy <ab...@email.de> wrote:
>
> > A huge yawner since those days.
>
> I think some of the best things to come out of tennis have been Evert,
> Graf, Hingis, Kournikova, Sharapova and Ivanovic. On the contrary ever
> since Sampras took over, mens tennis has been incredibly boring.

I love how you hate Sampras so much you'll blame him for the state of
the game six years after he retired, at a time when basically nobody
plays the way he did... Actually, they all play more like Lendl,
don't they?


 
Date: 28 Dec 2008 09:46:16
From: Patrick Kehoe
Subject: Re: Who shares my opinion that after the stabbing incident nothing,
On Dec 28, 8:06=A0am, Raja <zepflo...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On 28 Dec, 13:23, Quincy <ab...@email.de> wrote:
>
> > A huge yawner since those days.
>
> I think some of the best things to come out of tennis have been Evert,
> Graf, Hingis, Kournikova, Sharapova and Ivanovic. On the contrary ever
> since Sampras took over, mens tennis has been incredibly boring.

++ Funny that Evert herself, in her latest column, talks about how
with Murray and Djokovic rising to push Nadal and Federer men's tennis
is hot and exciting and she wishes the women's game would catch up
soon...

P


 
Date: 28 Dec 2008 08:06:55
From: Raja
Subject: Re: Who shares my opinion that after the stabbing incident nothing,
On 28 Dec, 13:23, Quincy <ab...@email.de > wrote:
> A huge yawner since those days.

I think some of the best things to come out of tennis have been Evert,
Graf, Hingis, Kournikova, Sharapova and Ivanovic. On the contrary ever
since Sampras took over, mens tennis has been incredibly boring.


 
Date: 29 Dec 2008 02:58:15
From: Whisper
Subject: Re: Who shares my opinion that after the stabbing incident nothing,
Quincy wrote:
> A huge yawner since those days.


Henin is one of the most exciting things to ever happen in tennis, men
or women - so your newbie/troll status is yet again revealed.